Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 96 guests

Post #519401  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:44 am 

I’m reading some hysterical bollocks on here :laughing7:

Do you think Arteta whispers in ceballos ear in the changing room before each game “by the way make sure you don’t follow your run into the box EVER”

Do you think he encourages Xhaka to walk around the pitch like a dad playing in his kids 5 a side literally playing at walking pace.

There’s isn’t a single club in this league that would play a midfield 3 of willock, Xhaka and ceballos. There certainly isn’t a team above us in the league who I would swap our midfield 3 for theirs.

In the end it’s Nothing to do with Arteta and is a mathematical calculation.

Xhaka, Ceballos, kolasinac, Mustafi, willock, Nketiah

Harsh but all players not capable yet or in some cases ever of playing up to premiership standard. If you pick one of them you may scramble a win

Two? A result is unlikely

Three ? No chance just no chance.

There isn’t a dressing room to lose. If you think these are players playing massively beneath themselves I don’t know what to say.

Post #519402  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:47 am 

I read a piece that illustrated the absolute mess Arsenal got in in the last few years of Wenger but more importantly what has happened since. Every single major building block post Wenger has come and gone in 2 years. Gazidis got rid of Wenger and upped and left, Mislintat came and went, Sanlehhi in and out under a cloud, Fahmy the contracts guy gone and obviously Emery. All of that was put in place for the post wenger era and it all crumbled. Has any other team had that amount of upheaval in the most senior positions? Even Man U have kept the off field structure stable. Man U are 7 years post Fergie, gone through 4 managers, spent close to £1billion, and the squad Fergie left was a lot better than the one Wenger left and even they have not even come close to a title challenge in those years. The transition from the dynasty is huge.
Even now the set up isn't right, even if you believe in Edu, who else is there supporting him to bridge the gap between board and team?
Arteta of course has made mistakes but in terms of our current plight there is really only a very small percentage that can be laid at his door I think.

Post #519403  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:49 am 

Rumour has it Arteta whispers in his midfielders ears before each game “DONT TAKE ANY SHOTS FROM OUTSIDE THE AREA”

This is his fault.

Post #519404  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:49 am 

Is it a confidence thing rather than Arteta losing the players?

How many times now has (mainly) Tierney had that hands outstretched "where's the pass" gesture, and even Gabriel has been doing it.

Are players hiding? Or is it too rigid tactics? Or just players not up to it?

Hard to tell off tv without being in the stadium.

Post #519405  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:59 am 

Back to 3-4-3? And what happened to AMN? Out of favour again?

Post #519406  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:01 am 

Quite simply this is the worst team we have had since 1994. You can debate the price of fish and chips if you want.

5 decent players, Leno, Aubameyang, Tierney, gabriel, partey and a couple of promising youngsters.

That’s it,

Post #519407  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:12 am 

john1 wrote:

How many times now has (mainly) Tierney had that hands outstretched "where's the pass" gesture, and even Gabriel has been doing it.

I think it is a bit of both to be honest. I think there are some people who hide, some that are scared of making a mistake and then those that don’t believe in the game plan. It is hard for me to believe in the game plan of hoping to catch them on the break. The problem is that you create only a couple of chances and you can’t afford to miss without everyone complaining. In one of the recent games MAn City had something like 25 shots and lost. Can’t recall if they even scored. Normally a good team creates numerous chances to only score one or two. Yet players in our squad get maybe 2 chances only and people complain about the miss. This leads to players becoming anxious and even rather pass it sideways than shoot. I am not sure we can redeem ourselves from this situation.

Arteta got away with it last season but we have no other game plan and it’s so obvious to opposing teams that they start with an advantage over us. It’s alright to say give him 5 years but that won’t happen and I have serious reservations about trusting him in the transfer market.

Post #519408  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:21 am 

TOP GUN wrote:

Do you think Arteta whispers in ceballos ear in the changing room before each game “by the way make sure you don’t follow your run into the box EVER”

Do you think he encourages Xhaka to walk around the pitch like a dad playing in his kids 5 a side literally playing at walking pace.

There’s isn’t a single club in this league that would play a midfield 3 of willock, Xhaka and ceballos. There certainly isn’t a team above us in the league who I would swap our midfield 3 for theirs.

Harsh but all players not capable yet or in some cases ever of playing up to premiership standard. If you pick one of them you may scramble a win

There isn’t a dressing room to lose. If you think these are players playing massively beneath themselves I don’t know what to say.

We managed to win the FA Cup beating Chelsea, City and a decent Sheff Utd side along the way. We have beaten United away, beaten Liverpool and had some decent performances and results against some of the big boys, albeit mixed in with a number of inept performances.

If none of our recent dismal showings are in any way Arteta's fault and its all down to the players then surely the FA Cup win is all down to the players?

I have seen nothing yet to convince me that Arteta is some sort of managerial genius in the offing.

Post #519409  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:24 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
john1 wrote:

I think it is a bit of both to be honest. I think there are some people who hide, some that are scared of making a mistake and then those that don’t believe in the game plan. It is hard for me to believe in the game plan of hoping to catch them on the break. The problem is that you create only a couple of chances and you can’t afford to miss without everyone complaining. In one of the recent games MAn City had something like 25 shots and lost. Can’t recall if they even scored. Normally a good team creates numerous chances to only score one or two. Yet players in our squad get maybe 2 chances only and people complain about the miss. This leads to players becoming anxious and even rather pass it sideways than shoot. I am not sure we can redeem ourselves from this situation.

Arteta got away with it last season but we have no other game plan and it’s so obvious to opposing teams that they start with an advantage over us. It’s alright to say give him 5 years but that won’t happen and I have serious reservations about trusting him in the transfer market.

The truth is that Aubameyang has been consistently getting us out of jail by scoring a high proportion of the relative scraps he is having to feed on. As soon as his goals dried up it was inevitable that we would struggle because no one else scores any.

Post #519410  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:37 am 

socrates wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

We managed to win the FA Cup beating Chelsea, City and a decent Sheff Utd side along the way. We have beaten United away, beaten Liverpool and had some decent performances and results against some of the big boys, albeit mixed in with a number of inept performances.

If none of our recent dismal showings are in any way Arteta's fault and its all down to the players then surely the FA Cup win is all down to the players?

Because the FA Cup was a park the bus exercise

5 at the back and won by long balls over the top from Tierney on The break. That’s it

Then it’s back to the premiership and asking bog average midfield players to play expressive football every week. Totally different ball game.

Post #519411  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:23 am 

Arteta came in with some fresh tactics, it was percentage football with numbers at the back and relying on an in form striker to take 50% of chances that were created. Unsustainable. Teams pretty quickly worked out how to stop Aubemeyang. Also see how Leicester stopped Partey quite well by just cutting off the supply line to him. This is the problem when you just have a couple of players who can influence games, the opposition are quite happy to let Xhaka, Ceballos, lacazette have it because they won't cause trouble.
I sometimes hear fans say 'why isn't X team just doubling up on Salah, hes the best player int he league and he gets all that space' It is pretty tricky to do that when you know doubling up on him leaves Mané, or Jota free - those guys will just take advantage instead. That's what all the best teams have.

If you fall down on Arteta or the players side you're basically asking yourself these two questions.
If Arteta had better players would we be better off?
If these players had a better manager would we be better off?
It may be the answer to both is yes - but given I feel we've seen all we can from at least half this squad I would certainly choose better players over a better manager right now. Xhaka has been average from the day he signed. Lacazette is a 1 in 3 striker all his Arsenal career. Chambers has never hinted he might be good enough for us in 6 years, Sokratis, Luiz and Kolasinac are not getting better than they are now no matter who the manager. Elneny is not a disaster but he isn't the answer either, there was a reason he was out on loan and no one was offering a bid for him - average. And I know we are all more fond of the academy players but Nketiah, Willock, Nelson, AMN - I'm yet to see anything from any of them to suggest they can form the backbone of an Arsenal side that gets back in the top 4. I could even throw Bellerin in there, I dont doubt his effort and commitment but there are at least 9 RB better than him in the league right now (Trent, James, Cancelo, Walker, Doherty, Wan Bissaka, Lamptey, Perreira, Castagne) and you could make a case for Ayling and Cash as well.

Post #519412  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:45 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
socrates wrote:

5 at the back and won by long balls over the top from Tierney on The break. That’s it

Then it’s back to the premiership and asking bog average midfield players to play expressive football every week. Totally different ball game.

The FA Cup final was not a park the bus effort. They started better, we came back into it, both sides had their moments and periods when they were on top. It was almost universally accepted that Arsenal were the better side on the day and deserved to win it. It wasn't some park the bus/backs to the wall/smash and grab job.

Post #519413  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 am 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The FA Cup final was not a park the bus effort. They started better, we came back into it, both sides had their moments and periods when they were on top. It was almost universally accepted that Arsenal were the better side on the day and deserved to win it. It wasn't some park the bus/backs to the wall/smash and grab job.

Both games were the same. 5 man defence wins clearly affected by long balls over the top. Cup final was exceptionally close chelsea we’re disappointed and we were lucky pulisic went off at that moment

Your missing the point somewhat though. Those games were not won by incisive cutting edge expressive football required in the premiership.

Post #519414  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:14 am 

Just saw this, shows that not only are willock, Xhaka and ceballos not good enough but our central defenders know they aren’t as they are moving the ball forward without their involvement.

Attachments:

Post #519415  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:27 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:

Both games were the same. 5 man defence wins clearly affected by long balls over the top. Cup final was exceptionally close chelsea we’re disappointed and we were lucky pulisic went off at that moment

Your missing the point somewhat though. Those games were not won by incisive cutting edge expressive football required in the premiership.

Maybe take a look at the winning goal again. A break through the middle of the pitch, quick pass to Aubameyang and brilliant finish. The team was playing with confidence and moving the ball far quicker.

Also, what is the difference between playing PL teams in the league and in the cup? It is the same set of players.

Post #519416  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:33 am 

Well, the bad news is we are 14th and to top it off, we are not playing well. So, what's the good news? We aren't far off point wise. We are "only" 7 points from the top.
It's a very contracted league, point wise.

Post #519417  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:55 am 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Maybe take a look at the winning goal again. A break through the middle of the pitch, quick pass to Aubameyang and brilliant finish. The team was playing with confidence and moving the ball far quicker.

Also, what is the difference between playing PL teams in the league and in the cup? It is the same set of players.

Obviously it doesn’t need explanation cup finals and semis are different to league games. The point remains, not at any point under Arteta, ljungberg, Emery and wengers last season have we played consistent pass and move football that opens teams up. Our midfield 3 yesterday have scored less premier league goals in their arsenal careers combined than chamberlain himself did at Liverpool last year and he was in and out the side.

Our goal of the month competition for November will be a penalty and a header from a centre back. Does this really require further explanation ?

Post #519418  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:13 pm 

Goonie wrote:
Back to 3-4-3? And what happened to AMN? Out of favour again?

I'd like to see us go back to some form of high press. We seem to build from so deep, slow to get the ball forward so are mostly faced with packed and organised defences where we struggle to create chances. If we won the ball much higher up the pitch and then were able to attack their defence with a more balanced attack v defence in terms of numbers it would certainly help.

Also, a high press involves a high off the ball tempo. As a tactic it switches the mind on to things like second balls and closing down. It is pretty easy to turn down the tempo but it is much more difficult to ramp up the tempo when you're playing so slowly.

Post #519419  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:21 pm 

Reports are saying Partey is out until the new year. Him and Gabriel are the two players we really can't afford to lose. That they are the two newest members to this team speaks volumes

Post #519420  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:58 pm 

Rich wrote:
Reports are saying Partey is out until the new year.

Didn’t take him long to get in the Arsenal way of things then.

Really disappointing.

Post #519421  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:07 pm 

socrates wrote:

The truth is that Aubameyang has been consistently getting us out of jail by scoring a high proportion of the relative scraps he is having to feed on. As soon as his goals dried up it was inevitable that we would struggle because no one else scores any.

I think that so true. Its a double whammy of Aubameyang's loss of form and that the team have stopped creating opportunities for him. This is why I'd like to see us sign one more top level striker and a top creative midfielder at the earliest opportunity. Lacazette's form is in the toilet, Nketiah is 'only' a 6 yard poacher, which leaves are hopes resting on Martinelli who after a blistering start to his Arsenal career, started to tail off a bit. The midfield is so devoid of pace and creativity its quite astonishing.

I think in the short term I'd consider reverting back to the high pressing counter attacking set up which at the very least stopped us losing games. Hopefully this can build confidence. We can then ease Martinelli and Partey back in, and hope that fringe players like Smith Rowe and Balogun may be able to provide some offensive spark. Then in the transfer window I'd try and get a striker with an aeriel threat and obviously look for a creative midfielder.

Arteta's predicament reminds me of those Arcade games where you have to reach a check point to continue.
You know if you can get to the check point you will have a new lease of life (time and transfers) but if you miss it, its game over.

Post #519422  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 pm 

Bored wrote:
I think that so true. Its a double whammy of Aubameyang's loss of form and that the team have stopped creating opportunities for him. This is why I'd like to see us sign one more top level striker and a top creative midfielder at the earliest opportunity.
Then in the transfer window I'd try and get a striker with an aeriel threat and obviously look for a creative midfielder.

Giroud is looking for a new club again. He would be an improvement for a 6 month loan. Can anyone think of a better solution for a target man striker factoring in cost, effectiveness and assurance of performance?
We need to go all out for Szoboszlai as the creative mid I think, at £22m he is a gift to whoever gets him. Unless there a short term low cost loans (like Giroud) we need to be signing players with a huge upside and long terms potential and with future value.

I'm sure there are good signings to be had from within the premier league if we got rid of some of the snobbery and 'we're better than that' attitude. Look at how much Hojberg has stabilised Spurs midfield for £15m, unfashionable but a clear plan to make the team better.

Post #519423  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:49 pm 

Here are some pretty awful stats.
No team has attempted fewer dribbles than Arsenal
Only 3 teams have attempted fewer shots than Arsenal
No team has attempted fewer tackles than Arsenal
Only 1 club has won fewer aerial duels than Arsenal
Only 2 clubs have attempted fewer shots from outside the box than Arsenal
Only 2 clubs have fewer key passes in total than Arsenal

So in summary, we don't shoot from close in or from long range, we don't make tackles, we don't try to take men on, we don't compete aerially and we struggle to create anything.

Post #519424  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:40 pm 

Rich wrote:
So in summary, we don't shoot from close in or from long range, we don't make tackles, we don't try to take men on, we don't compete aerially and we struggle to create anything.

But apart from that we’re bloody good.

Post #519425  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:26 pm 

Rich wrote:
Bored wrote:
I think that so true. Its a double whammy of Aubameyang's loss of form and that the team have stopped creating opportunities for him. This is why I'd like to see us sign one more top level striker and a top creative midfielder at the earliest opportunity.
Then in the transfer window I'd try and get a striker with an aeriel threat and obviously look for a creative midfielder.

Giroud is looking for a new club again. He would be an improvement for a 6 month loan. Can anyone think of a better solution for a target man striker factoring in cost, effectiveness and assurance of performance?

The only ex players we should be looking to re sign should be Ramsey, Cazorla and the OX.

Post #519426  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:27 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

But apart from that we’re bloody good.

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #519427  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:40 pm 

I didn't think we should have gotten rid of Giroud the first time. He was producing off the bench.

Post #519428  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:31 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Rich wrote:

The only ex players we should be looking to re sign should be Ramsey, Cazorla and the OX.

Ramsey we have missed but he's still injury prone, he's 30 before the end of the year and is on £400k a week at Juve. If he had never been an Arsenal player no fans would want to sign him right now even on a free.
Cazorla I'd love back but he is very nearly retired.
Ox would be starting in the centre of our midfield every game if he could stay fit, we did well to get the £35-40m for him - one of the few successful transfers out. I'm sure he'll point to the medals but so can David May, deep down they both know those trophies weren't won because of anything they contributed.
Id absolutely take Giroud for 6 months

Post #519429  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:34 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I didn't think we should have gotten rid of Giroud the first time. He was producing off the bench.

He was also failing a lot when starting, we saw the opportunity to get a truly elite striker for a net £30m and went for it. Giroud was part of the transfer trio to get Aubameyang done. At the time we'd only signed Lacazette for similar money 6 months earlier so it seemed strange to yet again ignore those holes in central defence and central midfield, at the time it felt the money could have been put to better use but Aubameyang has carried us the last 2 seasons in a way Grioud never could have.
Id still have Giroud back on loan for 6 months. Last night we put in 35 crosses, only 3 reached an Arsenal player. Stand a few of those up to Grioud and it is a different story.

Post #519430  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:28 pm 

Rich wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Ramsey we have missed but he's still injury prone, he's 30 before the end of the year and is on £400k a week at Juve. If he had never been an Arsenal player no fans would want to sign him right now even on a free.
Cazorla I'd love back but he is very nearly retired.
Ox would be starting in the centre of our midfield every game if he could stay fit, we did well to get the £35-40m for him - one of the few successful transfers out. I'm sure he'll point to the medals but so can David May, deep down they both know those trophies weren't won because of anything they contributed.
Id absolutely take Giroud for 6 months

What would you drop Aubameyang then :laughing7: it would be an act of desperation that would remain etched in Arsenal folklore for years after :laughing7: Not to be mention that it’s just another striker not getting any service.

Ramsey at 400k is an absolute bargain btw, were paying more for Mustafi and Özil to sit about doing nothing.

Post #519431  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:47 pm 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Neither was the charity shield for that matter.

Post #519432  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:59 pm 

Abu wrote:
Rich wrote:
Does he help? Really? Look at Özil’s goals and assist stats over the last year or so before he was cut out of the picture. All it shows was a guy who was nowhere near the level he previously was and also added nothing to the defensive side of the game.

Manage him effectively. Does Xhaka help?

To be fair to Arteta, he did try to sign two quality midfielders. He's even been trying Elneny. So he clearly understands that the Ceballos Xhaka combo is the footballing equivalent of fire retardant foam. Yet he keeps having to pick them.

I must admit, although I wasn't expecting much from this season, I am surprised that we are so very crap.

Post #519433  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:19 pm 

Home to Newcastle in the Cup

Post #519434  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:19 pm 

Add West Ham to the list of teams who have crafted a decent forward line. Flexible, pacey, good technical ability, dribbling and balanced. Bowen and Benrahma were the best in the championship over the last 2 seasons. Antonio is a proper handful, and Fornals has upped his game to balance them out.

Post #519435  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:22 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Abu wrote:

Manage him effectively. Does Xhaka help?

To be fair to Arteta, he did try to sign two quality midfielders. He's even been trying Elneny. So he clearly understands that the Ceballos Xhaka combo is the footballing equivalent of fire retardant foam......

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Today’s arseblog podcast was interesting. They’ve revealed our most used passing combination this season was Xhaka to Gabriel. Speaks volumes

Post #519436  Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:01 pm 

socrates wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Excellent point.

Post #519437  Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:32 am 

Decaf wrote:
I must admit, although I wasn't expecting much from this season, I am surprised that we are so very crap.

The past 4-5 seasons, we would only lose 2 or 3 home games in the league. So far this season, played 5 home games and lost 3 already. Basically same bunch of players from last season with additions of Gabriel and Partey. Are we missing Guendouzi, Özil and Torreira more than Arteta think we would?

Post #519438  Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:53 am 

Rich wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

He was also failing a lot when starting, we saw the opportunity to get a truly elite striker for a net £30m and went for it. Giroud was part of the transfer trio to get Aubameyang done. At the time we'd only signed Lacazette for similar money 6 months earlier so it seemed strange to yet again ignore those holes in central defence and central midfield, at the time it felt the money could have been put to better use but Aubameyang has carried us the last 2 seasons in a way Grioud never could have.
Id still have Giroud back on loan for 6 months. Last night we put in 35 crosses, only 3 reached an Arsenal player. Stand a few of those up to Grioud and it is a different story.

Hey Rich,
I think its fair to say the whole team stunk at that time. Non gooners liked him. He's a fan favorite with Blues fans. He has his own song. He delivered off the bench for us and for them. The attack wasn't made with him in mind when he was here. Also, we don't have anyone who can boss the 6 yard box. Aubameyang comes closest. But Giroud has more power and physical presence around the box.

Post #519439  Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:04 am 

There will need to be some very tough decisions in the transfer market, I think we need to treat January like the summer market, there is usually a lot less going on in January but we can't afford to treat it like that. We can write off Luiz, Özil, Mustafi, Sokratis as not being here next year. Özil won't move in Jan, Luiz and Mustafi should be kept until the end of the year and we should be actively trying to find a buyer for Sokratis even if he leaves for free. I'd also actively try to move on Kolasinac in January, even for £5m. Tierney, AMN and Saka all play left-back/left wingback. He just isn't required.
Then in the summer we have to extract a fee for Torreira, Lacazette, Chambers and make decisions on Guendouzi, Nketiah, Elneny. The last two will only have a year left on their deals so it must be new contract or sell. Guendouzi could generate a decent fee if Arteta really doesn't like him.

So by losing Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Özil, Torreira, Lacazette, Chambers, Guendouzi, Elneny, Nketiah.....how many players would you need to buy to complete the squad? As a minimum a new CB, new CM and new striker could potentially cover what those 10 players give us right now.
You'd have about £60m freed up in wage savings and could potentially extract £75m in sales. so you could budget for £110m in player purchases and leave the remaining £25m for the wages - which is 5 players at £100k per week - we shouldn't be looking at players whose wages are much north of that as we have to bring the wages under control.

We also need to look at other assets we have and see if there are interested parties, and really there aren't many players in the squad who should be exempt from being sold. Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Saka, Martinelli are probably the only players I wouldn't want to lose.

I realise that is all hypothetical but the club really does need to look at it as ruthless as that. Target young, quick, strong, mobile, athletic players who are eager to learn and have the correct mentality. Buy them in the £20-30m range and pay them accordingly.

I was always willing to be patient if I could see there was a clear strategy in place that was being pushed through ruthlessly.

Post #519440  Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:18 am 

Rich wrote:
There will need to be some very tough decisions in the transfer market, I think we need to treat January like the summer market, there is usually a lot less going on in January but we can't afford to treat it like that.
I realise that is all hypothetical but the club really does need to look at it as ruthless as that. Target young, quick, strong, mobile, athletic players who are eager to learn and have the correct mentality. Buy them in the £20-30m range and pay them accordingly.

I was always willing to be patient if I could see there was a clear strategy in place that was being pushed through ruthlessly.

Hi Rich,

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything major in January.

I think you hit the nail on the head, there are only maybe 5 or 6 players you wouldn't want to lose. That means signing 2 players every summer window is just not enough if you want to close the gap relatively quickly. By the time you have signed 6 players some of the others will be either too old or will have left for pastures new disillusioned by the lack of CL football etc.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12983, 12984, 12985, 12986, 12987, 12988, 12989 ... 14269  Next