Fixtures Tuesday April 23rd - Chelsea - Emirates Stadium - 8:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, warrior and 143 guests

Post #518841  Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:50 pm 

Partey still out with thigh injury. Won't be in Leeds match. No surprise really.

Post #518842  Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:31 pm 

Zed wrote:
Partey still out with thigh injury. Won't be in Leeds match. No surprise really.

Hmm. Midfield should be interesting what with Elneny out as well.

Post #518843  Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:17 pm 

Arsenal U23's beat Everton 1-0 today. Saliba, Sokratis, Chambers, Smith-Rowe all played. Emile Smith Rowe scored the goal. Balogun got himself sent off in the second half.

Post #518844  Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:20 pm 

With Partey and Elneny out It will surely be starts for Xhaka and Ceballos. I expect Arteta to stick to the 3-4-3 formation. If he changed it to a back 4 then Willock could come in to the midfield which I wouldn't be against.

If we stick with the 3-4-3 I'd like to see AMN come in at left wing back and Saka pushed on to left wing and Aubameyang moved central.
Luiz, Gabriel, Tierney make up the back 3. Bellerin and Pépé down the right

Post #518845  Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:01 pm 

Feel badly for Kols reading that he's out with C19. But at least Mustafi is ok.

Post #518846  Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:04 pm 

What would have been interesting in a morbid curiosity kinda way is how our Generals would have reacted. Much, much more sober minded. He only wants yes men around him. Pompeo is a neo-con and even he didn't go along. Rumor is he wanted to use nukes initially. This whole 'dumb but harmless buffoon' narrative about him couldn't be more wrong. The thinking the criticism of him was too one sided is like saying the same of Nixon. One can point to a positive of any leader, no matter how bad they are. I agree with him on taking the threat of China more seriously. Agreed on banning Huewei from being a contractor on any government network system. And for any defense company in our country as an example. But then again, Nero, in his relatively short reign, was a proponent of more sharing power with the senate and ended private trials. Nixon signed some of the most progressive legislation in U.S. history (protecting endangered animals, public access for the physically handicapped, a department for work place safety), Hitler, turned the German economy from hyper inflation of post WW1 reparation laden Germany to arguably Europe's biggest economy in a few short years. Are we going to say the same of them? That their good aren't mentioned enough? Or are we going to take the entirety as the primary narrative?

Such it is with "45" and his support. Once he is forced to mentally reconcile he is out, he will be the most dangerous man in the world. He will be bitter, angry and will not consider his legacy as every other person in the office has done for 244 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... york-times
Fears of foreign policy chaos in Trump's final days fueled by Iran bombing report

Post #518847  Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Zed wrote:

Hmm. Midfield should be interesting what with Elneny out as well.

Yes LTG. See what MA does with set up for Sunday.

Post #518848  Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:52 pm 

So no Partey Sunday. 90 minutes of Xhaka and Cebackpass passing the ball sideways coming up.

Tough game that

Post #518849  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:33 am 

I understand Willian was able to train and MA considers the issue closed. IMO this shows Arteta is all talk about culture and has his distinct favourites who can do no wrong. In defiance of givernment policy, club policy Willian does what he wants and there are no sanctions on him. He will tell you it was business. His business is being an Arsenal player. Instead of travelling by plane for hours he would have been better at the training pitch practicing corners , throw ins and just practicing the essentials which he seems to have abandoned since his transfer.

Guendouzi refused to apologise for some unknown wrong and was sidelined but no public apology from one of his picks. Then there is the 2nd time Ceballos has been involved in an incident with team mates and again - nothing to see here. Well nothing other than the player saying it was fake news or something- that is lying. Culture - bull *%^@. Comes from the manager down and it’s not just a nice hairdo. May have been better working with the players on a new system to play instead of letting them do whatever they want.

Post #518850  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 am 

You never want to be without your best players no matter the competition. I haven't seen enough of Leeds to know how good they are. I would hope we have enough quality we won't need Partey.

Post #518851  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:26 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Guendouzi refused to apologise for some unknown wrong and was sidelined but no public apology from one of his picks. Then there is the 2nd time Ceballos has been involved in an incident with team mates and again - nothing to see here. Well nothing other than the player saying it was fake news or something- that is lying. Culture - bull *%^@.

To be fair you don’t know it wasn’t fake news. But if it wasn’t fake news, every report I saw said it was Luiz who punched Ceballos to draw blood from his nose. If anyone was to blame for the incident, if it happened and that’s a big ‘if’, then doesn’t that suggest Luiz was probably the one primarily at fault? So why point the finger of blame at Ceballos, which you appear to be doing considering you didn’t mention Luiz?

Post #518852  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 am 

Just seen this: https://footballshirtcollective.com/202 ... ncept-kit/

Like it, looks very nice.

Post #518853  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Guendouzi refused to apologise for some unknown wrong and was sidelined but no public apology from one of his picks. Then there is the 2nd time Ceballos has been involved in an incident with team mates and again - nothing to see here. Well nothing other than the player saying it was fake news or something- that is lying. Culture - bull *%^@.

To be fair you don’t’t know it wasn’t fake news. But if it wasn’t’t fake news, every report I saw said it was Luiz who punched Ceballos to draw blood from his nose. If anyone was to blame for the incident, if it happened and that’s a big ‘if’, then doesn’t that suggest Luiz was probably the one at fault? So why make such a thing about Ceballos?

Cellabos said it never happened and when Arteta was asked about it in the press conference he said it did happen. I don’t care who was to blame but he told a lie unless Arteta made it up.

Post #518854  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 am 

Goonie wrote:

It’s all a matter of taste but I think it looks vile. Cheap and nasty. Thankfully, in my view, it wasn’t designed by Adidas so presumably the chances of it becoming the away shirt are close to zero.

Post #518855  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:46 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:
To be fair you don’t’t know it wasn’t fake news. But if it wasn’t’t fake news, every report I saw said it was Luiz who punched Ceballos to draw blood from his nose. If anyone was to blame for the incident, if it happened and that’s a big ‘if’, then doesn’t that suggest Luiz was probably the one at fault? So why make such a thing about Ceballos?

Cellabos said it never happened and when Arteta was asked about it in the press conference he said it did happen. I don’t care who was to blame but he told a lie unless Arteta made it up.

Did Arteta say it happened? I didn’t see a comment that conclusively represents him saying it did. But if it did happen, then doesn’t Ceballos saying it was fake news mean he’s doing his best for team spirit? I’d say it does. That’s why I think your moans about him on this issue is a bigger load of bull than you suggested Ceballos’ claim was.

Post #518856  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:10 am 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Did Arteta say it happened? I didn’t see a comment that conclusively represents him saying it did. But if it did happen, then doesn’t Ceballos saying it was fake news mean he’s doing his best for team spirit? I’d say it does. That’s why I think your moans about him on this issue is a bigger load of bull than you suggested Ceballos’ claim was.

Just stay out of social media might be better for the team every time.

Post #518857  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 am 

Old boy Mannone, Fabregas, win over PSG. Ah...what should have been..oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKgJXwYGKPk

Post #518858  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Just stay out of social media might be better for the team every time.

I do actually agree with you that players should ideally stay away from social media. But that doesn’t happen in many cases. Nor does it change my point that once the story had broken, and it didn’t originate from Ceballos, the best he could have done for team spirit was probably to deny the story.

Ceballos deserves credit for doing that, in my view. Not the criticism you started giving him for possibly, and it still is possibly rather than definitely, not telling the 100% truth, if he didn’t. Social media isn’t a court of law so he didn’t commit perjury, even if he bent the truth.

Post #518859  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:17 pm 

Everyone should stay away from social media not just footballers

Someone should explain to me what gift or positive benefit Twitter has given the world

Post #518860  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:15 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Someone should explain to me what gift or positive benefit Twitter has given the world

Ask dissidents in places like Iran and China. Twitter has been a godsend to people in dodgy parts of planet earth and not whistleblowers in western countries. I can't understand people who complain about Twitter. Don't follow people you dont like or block them. Simple.

Post #518861  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:16 pm 

Fabregas was superb for Monaco.

Post #518862  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:21 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Ask dissidents in places like Iran and China. Twitter has been a godsend to people in dodgy parts of planet earth and not whistleblowers in western countries. I can't understand people who comp lain about Twitter. Don't follow people you dont like or block them. Simple.

That’s fine and I don’t but a platform to spread lies, disinformation and murder. Not right.

Post #518863  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:07 pm 

Telling people in their 20s not to bother with social media when it is a big part of their lives. It's the equivalent of my generation being told to steer clear of rock and pop music.

Post #518864  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:16 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Goonie wrote:

It’s all a matter of taste but I think it looks vile. Cheap and nasty. Thankfully, in my view, it wasn’t designed by Adidas so presumably the chances of it becoming the away shirt are close to zero.

Don't suppose you'd be getting this?
https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Gifts ... r/p/N03891

As for that concept kit, almost like like a polynesian tribal art design. Like this All Blacks shirt (https://www.rugbystuff.com/collections/ ... ugby-shirt) but with bold colours of yellow and blue. Sadly, you are right, we won't see it as an official kit.

Post #518865  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:16 pm 

Top Gun won’t be happy about this.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... dium=email

Post #518866  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:24 pm 

Goonie wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Don't suppose you'd be getting this?
https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Gifts ... r/p/N03891

As for that concept kit, almost like like a polynesian tribal art design. Like this All Blacks shirt (https://www.rugbystuff.com/collections/ ... ugby-shirt) but with bold colours of yellow and blue. Sadly, you are right, we won't see it as an official kit.

Good god, you’re 100% right I won’t be getting that monstrosity. I’d rather get Wenger’s bloody book as a present than that thing.

Post #518867  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:33 pm 

Non football news but I mentioned my uncle would have his 100th birthday today, if he got there as he hasn’t been well at all. Gladly he has made it and is enjoying the cards and gifts sent to him (all posh biscuits, chocolates type stuff as he still likes his food). A nice cake is being taken to him around now at his nursing home, which isn’t allowing personal visitors.

He also got his telegram from the Queen.

Post #518868  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:55 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Non football news but I mentioned my uncle would have his 100th birthday today, if he got there as he hasn’t been well at all. Gladly he has made it and is enjoying the cards and gifts sent to him (all posh biscuits, chocolates type stuff as he still likes his food). A nice cake is being taken to him around now at his nursing home, which isn’t allowing personal visitors.

Great news, Bernard.

Post #518869  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:03 pm 

Its looking a little ominous for our top four hopes. Chelsea look far more dynamic than us and Liverpool and City are miles better.

It looks like one CL place up for grabs and, frankly, with our lack of goal threat I reckon our chances are slim.

Post #518870  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:04 pm 

Bernard wrote:

Excellent Bernard, many happy returns to your Uncle.

Post #518871  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Goonie wrote:

That design is fine if you don't mind a few stomach shapes on it.

Which was what I first noticed.

Attachments:

Post #518872  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:08 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Excellent Bernard, many happy returns to your Uncle.

That's lovely Bernard.

Post #518873  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:09 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Arteta came out with this later.

Meanwhile, Arteta was unhappy that the incident had leaked out and when asked if that damages the club and the ethos he is trying to build, Arteta replied: “I don’t like the fact that that incident comes out at all.

Post #518874  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:21 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Top Gun won’t be happy about this.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... dium=email

I didn’t really believe it in the first place. Sounds like Xhakas agent fishing for a new deal.

Bit like

Top Gun turns down date with Holly Willoughby. An inside source says “she wasn’t his type”

Post #518875  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:49 pm 

That kid Lamptey at Brighton looks a serious wingback. He's impressed me every time I've seen him.

Plays like we hoped Bellerin would before his injury.

Post #518876  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:55 pm 

Spurs annoyingly efficient and City blunt again against them.
I read that in Spurs last 3 games v City they have only had 7 shots in total and have scored 6 goals, City had 58 shots and scored 2. There is obviously a game plan that keeps working. Obviously helped by City starting Ageuro, Sterling and Foden on the bench.

Saw someone write that City have pretty much replaced their team with slightly inferior players than they had. Foden/Silva, rodri/Fernandinho, Jesus/aguero, Sane/Torres

Post #518877  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:50 pm 

How does Harry Maguire not concede a penalty at every set piece he defends?

Post #518878  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:08 pm 

Bernard wrote:

Great stuff. I'm sure he appreciated your efforts and the telegram!

Post #518879  Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:32 pm 

Bernard wrote:

Heart-warming news, Bernard. Your family must be very happy.

Post #518880  Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:36 am 

Hmm...Sperz are a problem.

[ 571790 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12969, 12970, 12971, 12972, 12973, 12974, 12975 ... 14295  Next