Fixtures Saturday April 20th - Wolves - Molineux Stadium - 7:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, warrior and 193 guests

Post #505281  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 pm 

Diabolical.

Post #505282  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Interesting dilemma for Edu, Raul and the board

It’s blatantly obvious that guy isn’t getting us in the champions league in any month of Sunday’s. Our set up, tactics and coaching are just diabolical even worse than Alzheimer’s Wenger period.

Do they move now or leave it. If they leave it you will now start getting vocals ie “you don’t know what your doing “

I would hope the vocals are somewhat less conservative than that, better still just leave the corporate bowl empty or walk in, leave a fake turd on your seat(real would be a little bit vulgar) and then leave.

Post #505283  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 pm 

So we didn’t concede 3, a moral victory then.

As my old mate David Byrne would say... We’re on the Road to Nowhere.

Post #505284  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm 

Rodgers' interview went well I think.
I've changed from 'Emery stays put' to 'Emery (one foot) out (the door).

Post #505285  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm 

It's all a bit like the end of Wenger's reign......there's not a lot you can say that hasn't already been said, a thousand times.

Post #505286  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
I really think Aubameyang no longer has any interest with the club. Not with Emery in charge

I think this is likely but even more so with Lacazette who visibly no longer looks bought into he project. He’s stopped making the runs he used to and looks pissed off.

Sell them both in the summer as they aren’t hanging around anyway and start afresh with a new manager.

Post #505287  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:27 pm 

I still think he needs a better defense to see what he can do. We are working with a weak central defense that is not his fault. I'd like him to get the rest of the season still. Not a midseason sacking unless we go 'Moyes at Man Utd' type of results

Post #505288  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:29 pm 

We needed two goals and we had Martinelli on the bench, who at least shows an appetite for the fight and can finish, and we bring on Willock instead.

Post #505289  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 pm 

Jesus that was terrible ; it's a toss up which is the worst ......... us without the ball or us with it .

It's the simple basics of football that have passed us by ...... movement allied with accurate passing .

Our illustrious name is in tatters under this clown .....

any little club across the land would fancy their chances of having a Walsall , Swindon , York City occasion to tell their grandkids about .

Post #505290  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:31 pm 

We don’t even look like we can win games. When we lead it’s against the run of play and we look vulnerable to an equaliser all the time. When we go behind it seems inevitable and there is clearly no way we’re getting ourselves back in to it.

There is no cohesive attacking play, we can’t exert any sort of pressure, and in combination we look unstable at the back, lacking any kind of structure off the ball and also any kind of desire or workrate to at least cover up the lack of talent and tactics.

How on earth are we 6th?

Post #505291  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:34 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I still think he needs a better defense to see what he can do. We are working with a weak central defense that is not his fault. I'd like him to get the rest of the season still. Not a midseason sacking unless we go 'Moyes at Man Utd' type of results

Are you serious? You’re still backing Emery?
Is it not his job to make that defence work and look organised?

I’ve said it a million times, a decent manager can organise any group of professional defenders and midfielders in to basic team shape to make them hard to beat.

If you believe the poor defence is not Emery’s fault then I presume you think no manager could do any better with this defence because they are just poor players? I’d love to give Simeone this team for defence and off the ball work

Post #505292  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 pm 

I bet Alan Davies feels like an idiot tonight.

Post #505293  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
I really think Aubameyang no longer has any interest with the club. Not with Emery in charge

I think this is likely but even more so with Lacazette who visibly no longer looks bought into he project. He’s stopped making the runs he used to and looks pissed off.

Sell them both in the summer as they aren’t hanging around anyway and start afresh with a new manager.

Agree. Both will have 1 year on their deal this summer. We can not afford to let them both go for zero. We’re already a total laughing stock on that front. If we make them stay we get much of the same and then need to replace them both with no money. Sell them for £50m each (if we can!) and then at least we have that £100m to invest.

The profile of any player should be simple. Young enough, hungry, quick, powerful, mobile, intelligent, workrate, desire, energy. Most of those work for the new manager as well!

Post #505294  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:40 pm 

In the last 19 Premier League games Arsenal have taken 24 points from a possible 57 available.

Over a full season that rate would see us earn 48 points.

Post #505295  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:46 pm 

Rich wrote:
In the last 19 Premier League games Arsenal have taken 24 points from a possible 57 available.

Over a full season that rate would see us earn 48 points.

Stop being such a pessimist, we'll get to at least the 50 point mark this season!.

If Emery makes it through to other side of the interzzzzz break then that says all you need to know about the ambition of the corporation.

Post #505296  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:58 pm 

gooner7 wrote:

Gidday G7 ......The percentage of fans wanting Emery to stay at the club far outnumbers the fans wanting him to be sacked

...... but they all support teams other than Arsenal . :icon_mrgreen1:

Post #505297  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:17 pm 

Unai Emery: “We can be disappointed but the attitude of the players was good, they did the gameplan.'

He’s deluded. We had 1 shot on target, Leicester dominated most of the game. If that is the gameplan then we’re in an even worse mess than if there was no gameplan

Post #505298  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

Gidday G7 ......The percentage of fans wanting Emery to stay at the club far outnumbers the fans wanting him to be sacked

Whilst I’d hate for us to become another sacking every season club, I really want Emery out now. There have been no discernible improvements on the field, and it matters not what good work is going on behind the scenes; what matters is on pitch performance.

And we’re playing like a team with no belief, no real plan, no faith and no hope.

Emery out.

Post #505299  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:23 pm 

As well as the manager there are plenty of these players not up to it. But how frustrating is it to have an entire generation of players who have ceased to have any defensive or off the ball training so we never know how good, or how bad they might be.

We need 2 CB. Signs are good with Saliba but that’s a lot of pressure on a 19 year old.
We also need 2 CM. And by the time we’ve got that and sorted a manager well almost certainly need a pair of strikers

It is right through the spine of the team, yet again and as it has been for 10 years.

This team has been in decline ever since wenger decided the way to play was a slow possession based game, moving away from the pace, powerful direct style he started - and which hugely suits the prem!

Post #505300  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:27 pm 

Rich wrote:
Unai Emery: “We can be disappointed but the attitude of the players was good, they did the gameplan.'

He’s deluded. We had 1 shot on target, Leicester dominated most of the game. If that is the gameplan then we’re in an even worse mess than if there was no gameplan

To quote blazing saddles the interview he’s just given was “authentic frontier Gibberish”

Whose up next ? What scintillating display do we have in store to come ?

Post #505301  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:29 pm 

Worst start to a season since 82-83 season. How is emery still in a job?

Post #505302  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:30 pm 

Unai’s interview explaining the defeat

https://youtu.be/ke5Mr5eCF2U

Post #505303  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:53 pm 

This from Stan 3 years ago.

Kroenke: I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies.

Post #505304  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:55 pm 

john1 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

Whilst I’d hate for us to become another sacking every season club, I really want Emery out now. There have been no discernible improvements on the field, and it matters not what good work is going on behind the scenes; what matters is on pitch performance.

And we’re playing like a team with no belief, no real plan, no faith and no hope.

Emery out.

Not wrong John ....... worst I've seen us play and that's saying something I witnessed our struggles in 73 / 74 when we were nearly relegated

Arriving with all his supposed comprehensive dossiers on players and tactics this charleton hasn't got a clue ... I wanted Leicester to beat us if it meant the exit of this prat .

Only thing I give him points for .... his manful attempts to master English

Post #505305  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:57 pm 

socrates wrote:
It's all a bit like the end of Wenger's reign......there's not a lot you can say that hasn't already been said, a thousand times.

Arsenal have won 87 points in their 50 Premier League games under Unai Emery (W25 D12 L13) - one fewer than they managed in their final 50 under Arsene Wenger (W27 D7 L16).

Post #505306  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:01 pm 

I agree with Top Gun, if it was him who implied it, that Lacazette and Aubameyang could well be sold next summer if they have not renewed their contracts. Martinelli will obviously come into the first team, but we will still need to buy someone up front.

What I find interesting about our defence is that whoever plays in the centre, it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference. We’re crap at defending whoever the centre backs are. The main options for the first team are in alphabetical order Chambers, Holding, Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis. I realise none of them are top level and if the lad from Saint Ettiene is as good as he’s supposed to be, we still need a top level signing to play alongside him.

But in the meantime, so this season, I don’t see why two of Chambers, Holding, Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis can’t be organised into a credible central defence. If Emery, or Ljungberg, can’t do it, why not? Oh for a return to the days of Koscielny and Mertesacker, let alone Campbell, Adams or Keown.

Post #505307  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 pm 

We simply didn't spend on our defense. I like Holding personally as well as Luuz. However, one is too inexperienced and the other past it.

Mustafi? The fact he is still wearing an Arsenal shirt speaks volumes.

Our best defender isnt even at the club.

Give Emeey a quality central defense and one or two others and then let's see.

He will likely be long hone before that comes to fruition but you can't give a manager this defense and tell him it's his fault we are leaking goals.

Post #505308  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
We are working with a weak central defense that is not his fault.

You remind me of a kid we had in kindergarten who continually pulled his own pants off in an attempt to get attention .

He purchased our two first choice central defenders and a left back and coaches the side

...... so whose fault could it be :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: ....Kamela Harris , Donald Trump , Bill Parcells , Tom Landry , Woody Allen

Post #505309  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 pm 

Zed wrote:

So he’s a man who keeps to his word.

Post #505310  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 pm 

Bernard wrote:
I agree with Top Gun, if it was him who implied it, that Lacazette and Aubameyang could well be sold next summer if they have not renewed their contracts. Martinelli will obviously come into the first team, but we will still need to buy someone up front.

What I find interesting about our defence is that whoever plays in the centre, it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference. We’re crap at defending whoever the centre backs are. The main options for the first team are in alphabetical order Chambers, Holding, Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis. I realise none of them are top draw and if the lad from Saint Ettiene is as good as he’s supposed to be, we still need a top draw signing.

But in the meantime, so this season, I don’t see why two of Chambers, Holding, Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis can’t be organised into a credible central defence. If Emery, or Ljungberg, can’t do it, why not? Oh for a return to the days of Koscielny and Mertesacker, let alone Campbell, Adams or Keown.

If our midfield can’t hold onto the ball for more than 5 passes I’m not sure any combination of players can survive wave after wave of opposing attacks.

The midfield is leaving the defence on a hiding to nothing by not holding onto the ball and we have lost every single midfield battle this year.

I think a better manager gets more from those defenders. You need to sign some superhuman for us to rectify our defence and he would still be managed by Unai *%^@*** Emery

Post #505311  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Zed wrote:

So he’s a man who keeps to his word.

So far from what I've witnessed since he took full control.
Josh said this in July 2019.

The son of Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke admitted that the club are not in the position to compete for trophies this season amid growing unrest among the team's supporters worldwide, but added that silverware is still ultimately the goal in the very near future.

'very near future'. Considering how their US clubs are so lacking in major trophies over time, expect a long wait for the Arsenal. Aside from Stan's LA Rams that is.

Post #505312  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:31 pm 

I am a big fan of Guendouzi but today I thought it was his worst game in an Arsenal shirt. I thought he looked off the pace, slow in possession and just not really up for it, which is unusual for him.

Leicester looked a far better side and we looked like the relegation-threatened underdogs who came to park the bus and hoped to get a couple of chances on the break.

Post #505313  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:31 pm 

Well that wasn’t too bad. No 8 or 6 in the scoreline. No use sacking him unless we have someone lined up. Don’t think Freddie is up to it personally. Been a long time since I wished for an international break.

Post #505314  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:32 pm 

socrates wrote:
I am a big fan of Guendouzi but today I thought it was his worst game in an Arsenal shirt. I thought he looked off the pace, slow in possession and just not really up for it, which is unusual for him.

Leicester looked a far better side and we looked like the relegation-threatened underdogs who came to park the bus and hoped to get a couple of chances on the break.

We are doing a Fabergas on him. Overplaying a young player.

Post #505315  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:33 pm 

Apparently after 12 games we have a negative goal difference.

Post #505316  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 pm 

socrates wrote:

Arsenal are sixth and Tottenham are twelfth. They’re even worse than us. As a born and bred North Londoner, I wonder how Barnet are doing? If they’re having a good season, might this be one of the few times Barnet have the happiest fans in North London?

Post #505317  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:56 pm 

socrates wrote:

He’s a fine prospect but is dealing with the problem of over expectation and our non existent midfield.

He should be phased in gradually and sparingly to maintain his confidence but frankly there are problems literally all over the place.

Post #505318  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:05 pm 

Bernard wrote:
socrates wrote:

Arsenal are sixth and Tottenham are twelfth. They’re even worse than us. As a born and bred North Londoner, I wonder how Barnet are doing? If they’re having a good season, might this be one of the few times Barnet have the happiest fans in North London?

They aren’t

They are doing terribly. Mid table in the national league and their chairman has effectively given up competing.

Post #505319  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:16 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Been a long time since I wished for an international break.

Two weeks for Emery to clear his mind. Stop with the chopping and changing, please. Just get the basic right - the best players at their best positions and let them take care of everything else on the pitch.

Post #505320  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 pm 

It's not all doom and gloom. I've cancelled my Optus subscription and saved $15 per month.

[ 571641 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12630, 12631, 12632, 12633, 12634, 12635, 12636 ... 14292  Next