Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 97 guests

Post #490201  Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:50 pm 

lomekian wrote:
I thought Xhaka stank the place out at times, but also was influential at others

I agree and think this is the dilemma with Xhaka as he is good at taking the ball off the back 4 a distributing it to our more attacking players but is absolutely horrendous at protecting the back 4, sensing danger and proving energy and interceptions in the middle of the park. He also has that ability of when being under no pressure what so ever literally giving possession back to the opposition. He has to start right now but he’s just a bloody dilemma.

At the moment if we aren’t picking Torreira then Xhaka has to start as quite simply we don’t have a player better in the centre of park at passing. Ramsey just wants to lay it off and get in the box.

If we had a fit Santi Cazorla right now he would be getting a lot of games I think. It’s another conundrum Emery has to fix and one that probably can only be solved in the transfer market.

Post #490202  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:02 am 

I fully agree, Torreira should start games. I would rotate Xhaka and Guendouzi, although I favour the latter.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/09/blogs/ ... a-in-team/

Post #490203  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:20 am 

Just noticed Watford is one of 3 teams with a perfect record. That is a surprise, although that win against Spurs is the best of their lot. It will be very interesting how they long they will keep themselves up there. The longer it goes, the more people will associate them to that Leicester season. 29 Sep will be an interesting match.

Post #490204  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:07 am 

Newcastle away will be an interesting test. It was expected that we would lose to city and Chelsea....it was also expected we’d beat West Ham at Home, and Cardiff are by far the worst team in the league for my money. Newcastle away is tricky, a game that any of the top 6 could drop points if they are off their game and the magpies are really up for it.

Post #490205  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:47 am 

Babu III wrote:
It's an SNRI,

Interesting. I got prescribed them a little while back but never took them. They're still sitting in my drawer, not really sure why I chose not to.

Proper sleep, exercise, and the occasional Xanax usually enough to see off the anxiety demons. And stay on top of the booze - there was a surprisingly good Adrian Chiles documentary about that recently. I have at least four drink-free days a week now and really notice the difference.

Post #490206  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:52 am 

Babu III wrote:
I still have not forgotten the Zen.

:happy11: :happy11: :happy11: :happy11: :happy11:

Niall's finest hour. Changed the way we think about digital music forever.

Post #490207  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:53 am 

Quite interesting comment on the Čech distribution thing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45402149

Post #490208  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:11 am 

bubblechris wrote:
:42laughter: :42laughter: - :8angers:

Fantastic news from Watford......................

:22encouragement:

:emoticon_mClapp: :42laughter:

Post #490209  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:15 am 

Daz wrote:
Although am puzzled because I thought you had a historic antipathy to everybody's favourite second team? Or is that all part of coming to terms with ancient enmities????

Why does 'enmities' look so odd?

Post #490210  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 am 

Babu III wrote:
Niall wrote:
Switched back to pro evolution soccer this year. Been 10 years!!! A good decision though it is top class.

I'm not convinced.
I would so love to be convinced by POS and not have to buy anything to do with FIFA, but have always bought FIFA.
I had a spell of more than 10 years where I bought the previous year's FIFA when the new one came out, so at least I was buying a 2nd hand product, and not so directly giving FIFA ( and easports ) my money, but I caved in and bought FIFA 18 when it came out, so bypassing FIFA 17, which I didn't want particularly, as FCZ had been relegated in 2016, so weren't in FIFA 17.

Why is it better, in your opinion.
I am easily convinced.
I have money in my pocket, and will buy FIFA 19 when it comes out, end of this month.

I know proevo has Celtic and Rangers now, but lost the Champions League to fifa, but they still have the swiss league, don't they?

And I really like FIFA...even the name makes me think of playstation as opposed to those greedy bastards on the hill.
Do you want a game of fifa? That has a nice ring to it.
What do you think of FIFA, on the hill over there? That does not.

But sometimes I notice the amount of times FIFA is mentioned in the game, and it does piss me off, and could possibly trigger me...so ProEvo would possibly get rid of another "bad thing " in my life.

The Zen was a magnificent piece of kit. Didn't you get decades out of it?

I've had FIFA since '08 (all the way up to 18) so I wouldn't slag it off as I've enjoyed every version and might still buy 19.

With FIFA you get all the licensed teams, leagues and stadiums and online there is no shortage of players to pit your wits against. I only play matches online and don't bother with
career mode which I think I read before you like to do. So, if that is your interest you'd be better off sticking with FIFA for the depth of coverage and the licences.

Pro-Evolution's actual simulation of football I am finding far superior - though there is a steep learning curve coming from FIFA and I'm getting hammered unless I get matched with
fellow "noobs" like myself. Yesterday though, I pulled off a magnificent 1-0 win away to PSG after assigning Torriera a man marking job on Mbappe resulting in me nicking a
94th minute winner via a flying volley from Aubameyang. Get in! The moment the ball hit the net gave me more satisfaction than any of my nicked wins in FIFA.
The football is less ping pong; though it is a lot slower than the FIFA version. Offline offerings are not as good as FIFA.

The lack of licences has always been PES' major problem but within minutes of downloading I had a community created option file installed on the PS4 with all the real names etc. Class.
This is only good for the PC/PS4 though so if you have an xbox go with FIFA.

Overall though, I'm pleased with it. Nice to try something different as well as FIFA has not really changed in the last few iterations.

I'd definitely be up for giving you a good beating online though. Are you on PS4?

Post #490211  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:24 am 

Niall wrote:
Babu III wrote:
I'm not convinced.
I would so love to be convinced by POS and not have to buy anything to do with FIFA, but have always bought FIFA.
I had a spell of more than 10 years where I bought the previous year's FIFA when the new one came out, so at least I was buying a 2nd hand product, and not so directly giving FIFA ( and easports ) my money, but I caved in and bought FIFA 18 when it came out, so bypassing FIFA 17, which I didn't want particularly, as FCZ had been relegated in 2016, so weren't in FIFA 17.

Why is it better, in your opinion.
I am easily convinced.
I have money in my pocket, and will buy FIFA 19 when it comes out, end of this month.

I know proevo has Celtic and Rangers now, but lost the Champions League to fifa, but they still have the swiss league, don't they?

And I really like FIFA...even the name makes me think of playstation as opposed to those greedy bastards on the hill.
Do you want a game of fifa? That has a nice ring to it.
What do you think of FIFA, on the hill over there? That does not.

But sometimes I notice the amount of times FIFA is mentioned in the game, and it does piss me off, and could possibly trigger me...so ProEvo would possibly get rid of another "bad thing " in my life.

The Zen was a magnificent piece of kit. Didn't you get decades out of it?

I've had FIFA since '08 (all the way up to 18) so I wouldn't slag it off as I've enjoyed every version and might still buy 19.

With FIFA you get all the licensed teams, leagues and stadiums and online there is no shortage of players to pit your wits against. I only play matches online and don't bother with
career mode which I think I read before you like to do. So, if that is your interest you'd be better off sticking with FIFA for the depth of coverage and the licences.

Pro-Evolution's actual simulation of football I am finding far superior - though there is a steep learning curve coming from FIFA and I'm getting hammered unless I get matched with
fellow "noobs" like myself. Yesterday though, I pulled off a magnificent 1-0 win away to PSG after assigning Torriera a man marking job on Mbappe resulting in me nicking a
94th minute winner via a flying volley from Aubameyang. Get in! The moment the ball hit the net gave me more satisfaction than any of my nicked wins in FIFA.
The football is less ping pong; though it is a lot slower than the FIFA version. Offline offerings are not as good as FIFA.

The lack of licences has always been PES' major problem but within minutes of downloading I had a community created option file installed on the PS4 with all the real names etc. Class.
This is only good for the PC/PS4 though so if you have an xbox go with FIFA.

Overall though, I'm pleased with it. Nice to try something different as well as FIFA has not really changed in the last few iterations.

I'd definitely be up for giving you a good beating online though. Are you on PS4?

You could pick up a copy of PES 2018 cheaply now. Might be best to try it out; otherwise wait for the inevitable Pro Evo price drop around November.

Post #490212  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:10 am 

There is a player on a team I don't like that has the same surname as me. I am thinking of getting the shirt just for that name. :icon_mrgreen:

Post #490213  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:18 pm 

...while online looking at the price of his shirts, I saw he plays for his national team. That makes things a bit better.

Post #490214  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
...while online looking at the price of his shirts, I saw he plays for his national team. That makes things a bit better.

didn't know we had anybody in the squad called Massive Wanker.

Post #490215  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:42 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Daz wrote:
Although am puzzled because I thought you had a historic antipathy to everybody's favourite second team? Or is that all part of coming to terms with ancient enmities????

Because it's not how most people pronounce it?

Post #490216  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:21 pm 

Not like it's Smith or Johnson and its a British name which I thought was fairly common and a bit surprised I haven't seen it much other than this one time.

Post #490217  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:25 pm 

A bit worried about the 'Toon Army'. Traditionally its been said London sides don't well in the north east (and visa versa). One of the worse moments as a gooner was losing a 4-0 lead there. There are a few records that aren't good to be part of that came at our expense and that is one of them. I think (though not 100 percent sure) at the time we were the first PL side to lose a 4-0 lead. Another that the Cardiff match comes to mind and I think I read this somewhere was that Cardiff was the first non English side to win the FA cup (and guess who they beat?) In the late '20s maybe? Not gonna open another screen to google it. :icon_mrgreen:

Any other records that came at our expense?

Post #490218  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:16 pm 

https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/foot ... -1-8604658

Could there be a world class Arsenal player in the near future? After all this time.

Post #490219  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:24 pm 

Niall wrote:
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/jordan-mceneff-hoping-to-capitalise-on-arsenal-s-coaching-shake-up-1-8604658

Could there be a world class Arsenal player in the near future? After all this time.

I hope so. I was looking for the usual youtube highlights but didn't see much.

Post #490220  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:33 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Quite interesting comment on the Čech distribution thing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45402149

Pretty damn close to what I said on Sunday. When he feels he needs to hoof it up to a player he should do it.

Every should have the confidence in him to make the right choice otherwise he will always be thinking should I or shouldn't I and that's the worst possible scenario.

As a shot stopper and blocker of the ball he has been outstanding this season and saved us several times.

Hoping we can keep on agreeing :12hello-bye:

Post #490221  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:22 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
...As a shot stopper and blocker of the ball he has been outstanding this season and saved us several times...
Yes, he has, and continues to prove John Terry's case that he will earn many points in a season. For the years after Jens left we had such moderate keepers it was almost like playing with ten and a half men. Arsene finally saw sense and brought in a class act in Čech. He was brilliant at Chelsea, and very good with us, without ever having to do what he is being asked to do now. If Dick was in charge of the England cricket team he'd have Jimmy Anderson bowling leg breaks.

Post #490222  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:54 pm 

Abu wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

:14laughter:

Post #490223  Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:33 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
...As a shot stopper and blocker of the ball he has been outstanding this season and saved us several times...
Yes, he has, and continues to prove John Terry's case that he will earn many points in a season. For the years after Jens left we had such moderate keepers it was almost like playing with ten and a half men. Arsene finally saw sense and brought in a class act in Čech. He was brilliant at Chelsea, and very good with us, without ever having to do what he is being asked to do now. If Dick was in charge of the England cricket team he'd have Jimmy Anderson bowling leg breaks.

I agree with you both. Čech has had too much criticism this season. His shot stopping, command of the area and cross catching has been good. There have been some scares with the ball at his feet, but luckily we've got away with them.

Post #490224  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:57 am 

And this ...

"The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the war in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey, I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

Post #490225  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:39 am 

Bernard wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:

I agree with you both. Čech has had too much criticism this season.

He has yes, I'm not sure what people are expecting really.

There are very, very few goalkeepers in the world who are brilliant with the ball at their feet and also brilliant keepers. Neur, for one, but not many others.

Even Ederson at City struggles now and again, though I must admit his long passing can be brilliant.

For all the clamour to bring Leno in nothing I have read about him convinces me he is a massive upgrade on Čech.

Post #490226  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:49 pm 

socrates wrote:

For all the clamour to bring Leno in nothing I have read about him convinces me he is a massive upgrade on Čech.

Was Leno brought in to replace Čech (right away) or be his understudy? Replace Ospina's position in the GK pecking order?

If he was brought in with the intention of starting, how long will he stay patient before he asks for a move?

Post #490227  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:18 pm 

Daz wrote:
Decaf wrote:

Because it's not how most people pronounce it?

It's a splendid word.

Post #490228  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:23 pm 

Abu wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

:42laughter:

I think he meant that he doesn't like the team rather than the player ... It's undoubtedly a Spurs or Chelsea player who uses a pseudonym so it would be like Dier and team something like Bunch of Massive Wankers.

Post #490229  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:40 pm 

warrior wrote:
And this ...

"The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the war in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey, I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

:41laughter:

Post #490230  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:44 pm 

Guendouzi voted arsenal player of the month for August. Voted for by the fans, shows what a good start he’s had but I think it also shows how ready the arsenal fans are to embrace something different

Post #490231  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:17 pm 

Never a big fan of his...but RIP
Burt Reynolds, heart attack at 82.

Attachments:

Post #490232  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:42 pm 

Zed wrote:

Did Ramsey score tonight? :22cry:

Post #490233  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:43 pm 

Saw a little bit of the French goalie tonight wow is he athletic......................

Post #490234  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:07 pm 

Rich wrote:
Guendouzi voted arsenal player of the month for August. Voted for by the fans, shows what a good start he’s had but I think it also shows how ready the arsenal fans are to embrace something different

Wonder if Emery would experiment playing Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi together in midfield.

Post #490235  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:35 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Zed wrote:

Indeed he did! :angel8:

Post #490236  Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:32 am 

Zed wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Indeed he did! :angel8:

:8surprise: O M G

:1laughter:

Post #490237  Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:07 am 

This Nations League international tournament has confused me. I thought countries had to field teams made up from players who PLAY in their country, but then I saw Bale and Ramsey lining up for Wales, neither of whom play in wales. What are the rules? And if the above isn’t a rule how is this any different to the proper tournaments and qualifying we already have?

Post #490238  Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:24 am 

Very interesting Babu. Have you tried any herbal remedies? I met a guy who was a bit of a herbalist and got me into some various herbs, spices, etc, that address specific things. Stomach, mood, energy, etc. As you know, modern medicinal drugs comes from these herbs, etc but of course they mucked it all up by genetically altering things. Things such as St. John's Wort, Gingko Biloba, etc.

I take varied herbal teas, veggies, fruits daily. Not a vegan but close enough for some people to assume I am.

As for America, you may (or may not be) happy to know we are definitely an empire in decline. We are showing all the classic signs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Gc1bv-Mj4&t=14s Its a matter of how it will end and now if it will. I'm not sad about it. :icon_mrgreen: Just hope its bloodless. I've long heard the Pentagon, CIA, all know this and are preparing plans for life when America is no longer the "leader of the free world". I've become a fan of Chris Hedges https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csI8JLJ15Ak long listen but he hits every point. Chalmers Johnson has been talking about it for well over a decade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2CCs-x9q9U&t=2277s We have been in Afghanistan for 17 years!! Eerily similar to the Roman's in central Europe holding off the barbarians for decades. I don't think we will recover from the next crash. We are juggling 4 bubbles (housing, credit card, student uni loans, car loans) unlike just one bubble (housing) in 2008. The aforementioned all in the hundreds of billions at or over a trillion.

The MLS was in a good position until the Chinese threw money into football. MLS was becoming where aging stars come to die...lol but the hope was to get the general public watching football as an alternative to baseball, American football and basketball. The league has grown immensely since the mid '90s and I have to think that foreign players would rather ply their trade in America rather than China for a myriad of reasons. But the money the Chinese are throwing at the sport is more than what America is willing to spend. Becks is making that transition to pop icon. He's a bit like Kim Kardashian. Since football is over, he has to reinvent himself and be relevant without really having any talent like singing, dancing or acting. Just like Kim K. It remains to be seen if he can make money just being himself just like Kim K makes money just by being Kim K. What a job, eh? Just live your life and get paid for it.

Post #490239  Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:26 am 

I for one will miss Burt Reynolds. Every American man wanted to be him during that time, rakish good looks, charm, wit and massive sex appeal. 'Smokey and the Bandit' is a classic I loved watching when it was on TV.

Post #490240  Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:23 am 

Babu III wrote:
Talking of arsewipes...

David Beckham's MLS team is called Club Internacional de Fútbol Miami

You soft-in-the-head arsewipe.

Ooh, south america, oooh, pink flamingoes, ay caramba, some old shite about global values and pricks and fannies.
You absolute nosher!

Every now and then I have to puke slightly when I think of America.

*%^@, there I go generalising again. Not everyone in America has the surname Massive Wanker.

But why go to Miami. Why not do a Salford like the others from the Golden Generation, but then Lim is from Singapore and has 50%, and of course Salford suits Scholes and Neville, and Miami suits Beckham, and if that's what the people want?
But is that what the people want?

According to Spanish media, Girona's home game with Barcelona on 27 January will be played in Miami.
Quote:
Catalan newspaper Sport said there would be 1,500 free flights available for Girona season ticket holders and overnight accommodation, although a refundable deposit would be required.

It said those who did not want to travel would be given a ticket to the away game against Barcelona at the Nou Camp on 23 September, while fans who cannot do either would get a discount on their season ticket.

Would you be happy, as a Season Ticket Holder, to get free flight and accommodation for one Home/Away game per Season?

On first seeing it I was fuming, but my new medication must be working, as then I imagined looking at it as a week-end break.
You could get up on the Saturday morning, eat breakfast at home, fly to Miami or somewhere equally exotic with the plane full of Season Ticket Holders, check-in at the Hotel, and then make your way leisurely to the game on Saturday evening, before enjoying a night down-town/up-town/whatever takes your fancy, before back to the Hotel to destroy the bed, then an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet with freshly squeezed Florida oranges, and just for the hell of it, I would take a do-nut and dunk it into my mug of steaming coffee, before being picked up to fly back to Europe in time for evening meal at home Sunday night, and up fresh and bright on the Monday morning.
Brilliant idea, and spreads the message of the Beautiful Game far and wide. Yeah!

Reality!
From 5 to 10 hours time difference depending on where in USA and Europe, so getting there would be easy enough leaving on a Saturday morning and getting to the game for Saturday night, but you can't get back on Sunday morning unless you leave really early...8am Sunday...and then you'd get to London in the late evening Sunday night, totally jet-lagged, with the hope that you can sleep for 8 hours now and then go to work Monday morning.

Most flights from USA to Europe go in the afternoon and arrive in Europe the next morning.
This Getafe game is Sunday afternoon, so I'm guessing the return flight will be a 9PM --> 10AM or a 10PM --> 11AM flight, so the Monday is gone.
So when would the outward flight be?
Well, Saturday morning, so that you can enjoy the afternoon and evening in Miami/wherever, of course.
So you would get a flight Saturday morning, check in PM Saturday, and then have a night and the next morning in the Hotel, check-out at 12, take all your stuff to the Stadium, then from Stadium to Airport? No, that sounds like it would be grim as well. You have to have your stuff in the Hotel while the game is on, so you're checked-in to the Hotel during game time, Sunday afternoon.
Means you sleep in the Hotel Sunday night, and fly back Monday morning, on the cheap flight back, that gets you back Home Monday night, totally furked up. But that means that you have to fly Sunday morning, and not Saturday morning.

So the trip now looks like this...

Get up Sunday morning early, make your way independently to the Airport for a flight to Somewhereshite which leaves at 7 AM.
Charter plane with 250 grumpy season ticket holders and no free alcohol on the flight. Arrival at Somewhereshite "Intérnàtiönal" Airport, and a very quick transfer to a fleet of buses to be transported 500 metres to Somewhereshite Intérnàtiönal Hotel. Herded in, given a room, told to leave your bags in the room and be ready for transport in an hour. Nothing to be taken to the game. A great chance for the Hotel to rifle through your stuff. An hour later, after not having been able to have a shower because of no hot water/water/shower you are herded onto the same buses to Somewhereshite Stadium, where you're trotted out for display to thousands of gawking locals, who will in the best case probably throw you some food, in the worst cases will throw stones, bottles, flares, etc, then you get put in the "real fans" part of the Stadium, where you have to eat the local foreign fast-food specialities and drink alcohol-free beer ( not sure, maybe alcohol, maybe ), before being transported back after the game with the buses to the Hotel, evening meal consists of a buffet of all-you-can-eat local specialities that they found somewhere Saturday night and have warmed up for you, before having to go to bed, because your flight leaves at 7 AM Monday morning, and the buses are coming at 5 to pick you up.

You *%^@*** morons!

What is happening to modern football?

God you are a sad case. No one forces anyone to go anywhere.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12253, 12254, 12255, 12256, 12257, 12258, 12259 ... 14269  Next