Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Decaf and 373 guests

Post #482201  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:20 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Would take Conte in a heartbeat. Get him in early in the summer and give him funds for 3-4 quality signings. That could be such a huge step forward.

I would have said that before, but you are talking about a guy who has been regularly tactically outwitted by Arsene Wenger...

He's won league titles impressively and did very well with Italy too. I don't agree that Wenger tactically outwitted him either. Arsenal played brilliantly in the cup final. It wasn't a tactical victory. Last week they battered us for 30mins but only scored one goal. We got two flukes and played decent football. Again, it wasn't a tactical failure on Conte's part. Sometimes it's just down to footballers playing well or poorly.

Post #482202  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:35 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
So you therefore must blame Özil 100% for Swansea's first goal. If he hadn't sloppily given the ball away, what followed wouldn't have happened.

He doesn't have a pass on as nobody helped him out by making themselves to be available.

He should have hoofed it at Lacazette even if it's likely he would have conceded possession.

He simply can't account for every player in midfield and defence for being incompetent and not aware to danger. Ultimately the goal is Xhakas fault while there are collective errors. It seems bizarre that a striker can just run past him like that without him realising.

Of course it's Xhaka's fault. Just go with your man. Awful defending from a really average player.

Post #482203  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 pm 

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

He doesn't have a pass on as nobody helped him out by making themselves to be available.

He should have hoofed it at Lacazette even if it's likely he would have conceded possession.

He simply can't account for every player in midfield and defence for being incompetent and not aware to danger. Ultimately the goal is Xhakas fault while there are collective errors. It seems bizarre that a striker can just run past him like that without him realising.

Of course it's Xhaka's fault. Just go with your man. Awful defending from a really average player.

Yep bang on

Post #482204  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:56 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
I think you have to blame Arsene Wenger 100% for every single goal ever scored against Arsenal during his time.

Yeah well two words for you here, Hoy, and disappointed that you don't see the real culprit.

Gordon. Brown.

Anyway your list of things to blame Wenger for is pretty skimpy. I would add:

1) The grey v-neck/red tie combo
2) Sucking his words
3) Dismantling syntax
4) Wanting a "world government"
5) The Deerhunter (a terrible film anyway)
6) Vine and fig trees - not understanding their pre-death allure
7) "Abstract" art (you don't even know what it is, Arsene!)
8) Creaky sarcasm (he needs some lessons from an expert - any ideas?)
9) Domenechism
10) Crucifying our Lord.

Post #482205  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:10 pm 

Hey there mcQ have you seen The Go-Betweens film yet???

It has some right heroin-grizzled old vets from the Aussie music scene.

Post #482206  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:12 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:

Yep bang on

I have to agree. In order of culpability:

1) Gordon Brown
2) Arsene Wenger
3) Xhaka

Post #482207  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:14 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Mowed the lawn his arvo

It was thoughtful of you to give everybody a clue to your nationality in your forum name as it would have been easy to mistake you for one of Hazuki's mob otherwise...

Post #482208  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:19 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
I could look at the incident a 1000 times and still be convinced Monreal should never have thrown it there in the first place .

Now I know it suits the Townsville Agenda to give everyone a spray , BUT Monreal throws it behind Mustafi , of course he is "not f***&&^ urgent"...... because never in his wildest dreams did he think that little ponce would throw it to him ,

He panics .... passes to Čech who also doesn't expect it and you saw the result .

Now I know it's difficult to concentrate when it's a constant 36 degrees and 98% humidity in the little hellhole you live in ...the ole judgment just sort of slips through the mosquito netting and out the window
..... but that's what happened

Funny you mention 36 degrees. Mowed the lawn his arvo - it was 36.9 degrees outside but humidity was down to around 50-60 % so not too bad. So you have decided 100% Monreals fault. Čech's reactions were appropriate and perfect in your world. You may need to speak to the TV commentators who obviously thought differently. It would not be a proper forum without different views, no matter how warped your views may be.

Whatever gave you the notion that goalkeepers are there to deal with emergencies, Gaz? We should think of them as great artists who should never be hurried or flustered, or as monuments, there because they look great and because it would be odd if there was no one in goal.

Post #482209  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:23 pm 

Bernard wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
I 'd go further Monreal is 100% to blame ..... if he throws the &&**** ball forward it would never have happened

So you therefore must blame Özil 100% for Swansea's first goal. If he hadn't sloppily given the ball away, what followed wouldn't have happened.

If Kiwi's dad had restrained himself we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Post #482210  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:23 pm 

Wenger's three-point coaching guide for fish.

1) What type of fish are you? You are not that type of fish.

2) If you see a juicy fly in the water, eat it. It is not your job to worry about the opposition.

3) Water is optional.

Post #482211  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Bernard wrote:
No, be reasonaable Bernard.

Hope springs eternal, eh Hoy?

Post #482212  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm 

Daz wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Mowed the lawn his arvo

It was thoughtful of you to give everybody a clue to your nationality in your forum name as it would have been easy to mistake you for one of Hazuki's mob otherwise...
He looks the Part...

Post #482213  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:45 pm 

Daz wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
I think you have to blame Arsene Wenger 100% for every single goal ever scored against Arsenal during his time.

Yeah well two words for you here, Hoy, and disappointed that you don't see the real culprit.

Gordon. Brown.

2) Sucking his words
3) Dismantling syntax
9) Domenechism
10) Crucifying our Lord.
Don't forget he was around during Vietnam, the Biafran War, the Killing Fields and the Maxwell pension scandal. They say he also likes a grassy knoll too. I would, however, absolve him of all responsibilty for winning multiple trophies with Arsenal. That was so obviously all down to Bruce Rioch.

Post #482214  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Daz wrote:

Gordon. Brown.

2) Sucking his words
3) Dismantling syntax
9) Domenechism
10) Crucifying our Lord.
Don't forget he was around during Vietnam, the Biafran War, the Killing Fields and the Maxwell pension scandal. They say he also likes a grassy knoll too. I would, however, absolve him of all responsibilty for winning multiple trophies with Arsenal. That was so obviously all down to Bruce Rioch.

He rode a tank, held a General's rank...

Post #482215  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm 

The consequence of us stripping down the first team is there should be many more chances, at least from the bench for AMN, Nelson and Nketiah.

Fascinated to see how we play our big 4 attacking players. On paper you can fit them in in a very bizarre 4-2-2-2 formation. If you want more balance than Mkhirtaryan goes wide right and Aubamayang goes wide left. I can’t really see Aubamayang wide left which means we are playing Iwobi or Welbeck there. Two new young fast skilful wingers in the summer is a must – or give Nelson a go!

Post #482216  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:03 pm 

But putting aside your sympathy for the old devil, have you ever considered a position not quite so close to the other extreme ie total absolution for everything?

I know he's an Arsenal man through and through and I know he has to face unprecedented challenges in the face of no financial reward, opposition teams who won't play as he would prefer them to, and northern refs who loathe his stewardship of the most successful team in London, but are there are ANY circumstances where you might clench your gnarly old south London ex-boxer's fists and shout to the heavens:

*%^@ me, Ada, that old *%^@ has really got right up my crack this time!

Just as a little optimism goes a long way so it can also be fun to speak truth to the King...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G55Oq3oBls0[/youtube]

Post #482217  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:05 pm 

And it's all together too chilly a mooorn....

Post #482218  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:15 pm 

Daz wrote:
But putting aside our sympathy for the old devil, have you ever considered a position not quite so close to the other extreme ie total absolution for everything?
Yes, I think he made a terrible mistake signing Thierry Henry. I'll never forgive him for that. Even if you put Vieira, Overmars, Petit, Pires, Campbell, Jens, Kolo, Freddie, Cesc, RVP, Gilberto, Ralph, Kanu, Ramsey, Tomas, Bacary, Kos, Alexis, Mesut, Sanchez and Santi on the other side of the scales, it will never outweigh the folly of asking Henry to play as a striker rather than on the wing. What was the silly OLD sod thinking?

Post #482219  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Daz wrote:
But putting aside our sympathy for the old devil, have you ever considered a position not quite so close to the other extreme ie total absolution for everything?
Yes, I think he made a terrible mistake signing Thierry Henry. I'll never forgive him for that. Even if you put Vieira, Overmars, Petit, Pires, Campbell, Jens, Kolo, Freddie, Cesc, RVP, Gilberto, Ralph, Kanu, Ramsey, Tomas, Bacary, Kos, Alexis, Mesut, Sanchez and Santi on the other side of the scales, it will never outweigh the folly of asking Henry to play as a striker rather than on the wing. What was the silly OLD sod thinking?

Uh-oh call the coastguard, HMS Hoy is listing badly again.

But you're just making my point for me here really. You sit at an equally extreme end of the spectrum. There you are buttering your mackerel and humming a little free jazz to yourself but do you ever suddenly pause and think: now just you hold on a moment here, Mr Hoy, are you painting yourself into the silly corner by utterly refusing to see the very clear and obvious decline of Wenger as nothing more than a noisy minority of un-TheArsenal sans-culottes backed by a biased and hostile media?

Post #482220  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 pm 

I mean you are in your way a terrible old fanatic as entrenched in your position as any anti-Wengerist. I know you'll give me all the old blarney about the old red-and-white etc but it just comes across as...and I hope you won't take this the wrong way...a bit thick sometimes.

Post #482221  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:35 pm 

Which obviously I know you are not.

Post #482222  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:51 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Looks like Aubameyang has just viewed highlights of the Swansea game.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/pr ... tory.shtml

"sickness bug"? How much is our medical staff paid?
(edit: I see 'sickness bug' is a an actual thing. It sounds silly.)

Post #482223  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:52 pm 

Daz wrote:
Wenger's three-point coaching guide for fish.

1) What type of fish are you? You are not that type of fish.

2) If you see a juicy fly in the water, eat it. It is not your job to worry about the opposition.

3) Water is optional.

Our players do appear to have the memory retention of a goldfish, infact I'm pretty sure some of them forget they are even professional footballers about twenty seconds into the game.

Post #482224  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm 

Daz wrote:
Uh-oh call the coastguard, HMS Hoy is listing badly again. But you're just making my point for me here really. You sit at an equally extreme end of the spectrum. There you are buttering your mackerel and humming a little free jazz to yourself but do you ever suddenly pause and think: now just you hold on a moment here, Mr Hoy, are you painting yourself into the silly corner by utterly refusing to see the very clear and obvious decline of Wenger as nothing more than a noisy minority of un-TheArsenal sans-culottes backed by a biased and hostile media?
HMS Hoy is a stone frigate, so doesn't list. Has many viewing points, most of which prove helpful in seeing far, even during cloudy weather. There goes a distinguished craft, probably on it final voyage, so no need to let loose the cannons.

Post #482225  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:19 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

Awe Aubameyang. All this overwhelming excitement from fans, last dash plane ride, media coverage arrival announcement by club, then immediate meet up of fellow teammates in training. The onslaught publicity has done him in poor baby. Already needs a rest. :14laughter:

Post #482226  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:44 pm 

Zed wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Awe Aubameyang. All this overwhelming excitement from fans, last dash plane ride, media coverage arrival announcement by club, then immediate meet up of fellow teammates in training. The onslaught publicity has done him in poor baby. Already needs a rest. :14laughter:

I bet he is on the bench for the game

He told the court in Germany he was sick so he could miss his court appearance and they asked how come he played the previous weekend. I bet it’s the club purely trying to help him justify why he wasn’t there

Post #482227  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:20 pm 

So Aubameyang can play for us in the Europa game but has to use number 77 as 7 has already been used.......

Don't they love complicating things.

Post #482228  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:36 pm 

Bernard wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
I 'd go further Monreal is 100% to blame ..... if he throws the &&**** ball forward it would never have happened

Yep

Post #482229  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:53 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
I could look at the incident a 1000 times and still be convinced Monreal should never have thrown it there in the first place .

Now I know it suits the Townsville Agenda to give everyone a spray , BUT Monreal throws it behind Mustafi , of course he is "not f***&&^ urgent"...... because never in his wildest dreams did he think that little ponce would throw it to him ,

Funny you mention 36 degrees. Mowed the lawn his arvo - it was 36.9 degrees outside but humidity was down to around 50-60 % so not too bad. So you have decided 100% Monreals fault. Čech's reactions were appropriate and perfect in your world. You may need to speak to the TV commentators who obviously thought differently. It would not be a proper forum without different views, no matter how warped your views may be.

Gaz , Gaz , Gaz ...you are missing the point .....Čech's reactions shouldn't appear on the radar . TV commentators don't matter either , having played the game doesn't neccessarily make them right .

Have Shearer , Murphy , Lineker , Wright got more clues than I've got ...... NO .

Here's the analogy [ this is good fun ] you buy an old .303 Lee Enfield at the local RSL fund raiser ; used on the Kokoda trail and all that

You take it home , while you out trying to figure out why the Gen 3 wont start ; your nine year old kid gets hold of it , loads it and shoots the dog .

Now who is to blame here ..... ?

The dog [ Čech ] for not running away , the boy [ Mustafi ] for fiddling with the rifle

.... OR [ drumroll ] ......you [Monreal ] for bringing it home in the first place .

Post #482230  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:02 pm 

Decaf wrote:
Bernard wrote:

If Kiwi's dad had restrained himself we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

God bless him ...just wish my Mum had found out his name

Post #482231  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:58 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Decaf wrote:

God bless him ...just wish my Mum had found out his name

He's got a lot to answer for. :laughing7:

Post #482232  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Bernard wrote:
No, be reasonaable Bernard. I think you have to blame Arsene Wenger 100% for every single goal ever scored against Arsenal during his time. We thought it had reached its ultimate when he failed to coach Vieira, Dixon, Keown and Seaman to stop Giggs' semi-final goal. Those poor guys never stood a chance of stopping Ryan due to Wenger's lack of work with them on the training ground. Since then we have had almost twenty years of it. Why hasn't old puffa jacket mastered the art of the unneccessary bicycle kick? Why hasn't the silly old sod coached the pass-back mistakes out of Mustafi? How comes he hasn't told Čech how to boot the ball away with his left foot? Conte aand Klopp would never allow their defences to be so humiliated. And Mourinho has coached United so well they could never concede a goal within eleven seconds by not following a runner. And as for own goals when under no pressure? It would simply never happen. Wenger should just *%^@ off. He's old, doesn't meet his KPIs and has a pointed head. Do we need any more reasons? I wish Usmanov was in charge, he'd sort it out. Excuse me, must go, my airplane pilot is at the door.

I knew you would finally come around to our way of thinking. The good news is that we can now quote this post back to you forever. A really good start to the day.

Post #482233  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:47 pm 

Daz wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Mowed the lawn his arvo

mowing someone elses lawn also has 2 meanings here.

Post #482234  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:57 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Gaz , Gaz , Gaz ...you are missing the point .....Čech's reactions shouldn't appear on the radar . TV commentators don't matter either , having played the game doesn't neccessarily make them right .

Have Shearer , Murphy , Lineker , Wright got more clues than I've got ...... NO .

Here's the analogy [ this is good fun ] you buy an old .303 Lee Enfield at the local RSL fund raiser ; used on the Kokoda trail and all that

You take it home , while you out trying to figure out why the Gen 3 wont start ; your nine year old kid gets hold of it , loads it and shoots the dog .

Now who is to blame here ..... ?

The dog [ Čech ] for not running away , the boy [ Mustafi ] for fiddling with the rifle

.... OR [ drumroll ] ......you [Monreal ] for bringing it home in the first place .

I blame the person who allowed you to buy a dog and bring the poor animal into such a dysfunctional household. You might also point a finger at your parents who should have had you neutered before bringing children into your world. You are correct it is fun.

Post #482235  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 pm 

I would like to agree with Hoy on his well thought out point ' Wenger should just *%^@ off. He's old, doesn't meet his KPIs' .

Keep them coming Hoy.

Post #482236  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:53 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I would like to agree with Hoy on his well thought out point ' Wenger should just *%^@ off. He's old, doesn't meet his KPIs' .

Keep them coming Hoy.

What does KPI stand for?

Post #482237  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:54 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
So Aubameyang can play for us in the Europa game but has to use number 77 as 7 has already been used.......

Don't they love complicating things.

I thought that was the rule for Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang Ben g Cup ties weirdly becUse although Dortmund played in the champions league they dropped in to the Europa League before the January deadline

Post #482238  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

Keep them coming Hoy.

What does KPI stand for?

Key Performance Indicator.

Great to be talking about that on a football forum. :icon_silent:

Post #482239  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:26 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
lomekian wrote:

If he fancies coming on a 6 month contract, I'd have him. At this stage another warm body over the age of 18 would be quite handy...

Your are joking right. That's admitting we are a shambles. Bouldy wouldn't be happy either as they had a dust up too.

We are finishing 6th as I've said for months, not higher or lower. If it doesn't matter now why not just try and integrate some youth or just work with what we have.

You're right, I wasn't actually being serious. Hoped the ... would be a clue. That said, if we have another one of our every player in particular position injury crises, I guess it doesn't hurt to have the odd body knocking around desperate for a game...But all our other options, including AMN, would have to be injured. I would have said McGuane too, but he's buggered off to Barca (cos they don't have nearly as many quality central midfielders blocking his way?)

Post #482240  Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

p.s your right about these new signings. They are more political titilation to keep fans at bay rather than proactive approach to create a winning team.

Depends on whether you believe Arsene will still be here next year. I'd say its 50/50 for him at best at the mo.

[ 571983 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12053, 12054, 12055, 12056, 12057, 12058, 12059 ... 14300  Next