Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 111 guests

Post #507121  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:50 pm 

Having witnessed at close quarters just how poor this Arsenal team is on Sunday, I would imagine Arteta's first question to our contract cronies was how much money will I have to spend in January. As we need a centre half and centre mid as a minimum requirement immediately. Both built like brick s%*&houses preferably.

If he was told there is no money available he should run a mile.

Post #507122  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:51 pm 

apologies, thought the expletive would be obscured in my previous post

Edit - Fixed

Post #507123  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:06 pm 

Arseblog reporting Arsenal have agreement with Arteta, with just City release part of the deal to be agreed now.

Post #507124  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:46 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I wouldn’t trust his character as far as I’d throw it.

If it was another player maybe

You know absolutely nothing about him off the pitch.

I do

His attitude stinks

He’s a bit of a *%^@

And to quote Aaron Ramsey “he’s the worst trainer I’ve ever seen”

He’s a dick mate and on Sunday his petulance proved it. You have teenagers behaving more professionally

Post #507125  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:24 pm 

Someone get ridvpls

Post #507126  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 pm 

Fish wrote:
Arseblog reporting Arsenal have agreement with Arteta, with just City release part of the deal to be agreed now.

Imo Arteta will do no better than Freddie.......

Hope I'm wrong :36angers:

Post #507127  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:39 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Fish wrote:

I think anyone would struggle with this lot, regardless of age/experience. Worst Arsenal team I've seen for as long as I can remember.

Post #507128  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:43 pm 

This is interesting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50784201

The part chairman says the club needs to make money as they are way behind clubs like arsenal

Made me think again about what I thought on Sunday. Arsenal are not a sporting institution. There’s no desire to do well

Post #507129  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:44 pm 

tomc wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

I think anyone would struggle with this lot, regardless of age/experience. Worst Arsenal team I've seen for as long as I can remember.

We have the worst midfield on any arsenal side I’ve witnessed.

Even the selley, morrow, hillier midfield put challenges in

Post #507130  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:10 pm 

I hope Arteta has the balls to rattle some cages.

I will be interested to see just how much power he is given, especially with respect to transfers.

Will be be allowed to shift out the bad eggs and bring in some players with passion and desire.

Post #507131  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:22 pm 

socrates wrote:
I hope Arteta has the balls to rattle some cages.

I will be interested to see just how much power he is given, especially with respect to transfers.

Will be be allowed to shift out the bad eggs and bring in some players with passion and desire.

Arteta was quoted in 2014 as saying his philosophy as a future coach would be firstly to demand 120% from everyone, and if they don't then they don't play for him. He also said he is committed to a style of play that is attacking, entertaining and focuses on his team more than the opposition.

Post #507132  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:51 pm 

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo now wading into the Uygur 'debate' backing Özil by name. This is turning into a real shit-storm with Özil and by association Arsenal becoming increasingly toxic in China.

There won't be much Arse merchandise sold in China until Özil is gone. Could be he knew what he was doing when he stirred all this up.

Post #507133  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:54 pm 

Kevin DeBruyne gives damning opinion on our strikers. This is a coaching issue as well.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-21106898

Post #507134  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:57 pm 

I like Arteta personally but I have to wonder what percentage of wanting him to be manager is the fact that he is assistant to a wildly successful side?

Post #507135  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:41 pm 

DHD wrote:
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo now wading into the Uygur 'debate' backing Özil by name. This is turning into a real shit-storm with Özil and by association Arsenal becoming increasingly toxic in China.

There won't be much Arse merchandise sold in China until Özil is gone. Could be he knew what he was doing when he stirred all this up.

i just find his moral high ground hypocritical, his best man is a Fascist Dictator who has killed and imprisoned his political opponents and bombed the Kurds whilst suppressing any media outlet including Wikipedia or twitter that reports any of his morally bankrupt actions.

... then on a Sunday he stinks the place out. Last week was all so Özil.

Every team he’s played for has said he’s a bit of a *%^@. At this point I think he’s trying anything to get arsenal to pay him off. This includes his little petulant kick when being subbed.

Post #507136  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:09 pm 

DHD wrote:

Except if we back him will earnt he respect of many as a club with real values. Instead of just money.

Post #507137  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:12 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

i just find his moral high ground hypocritical, his best man is a Fascist Dictator who has killed and imprisoned his political opponents and bombed the Kurds whilst suppressing any media outlet including Wikipedia or twitter that reports any of his morally bankrupt actions.

Every team he’s played for has said he’s a bit of a *%^@. At this point I think he’s trying anything to get arsenal to pay him off. This includes his little petulant kick when being subbed.

You really are a Grade A bullshyter aren't you? Real Madrid fans were raging when he was sold. He was a star at Real and admired and respected by players and fans. Mourinho wrote the forward to his biography and considers him a world class player and has said he admires him greatly.

Post #507138  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:15 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Kevin DeBruyne gives damning opinion on our strikers. This is a coaching issue as well.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-21106898

Note he said except Martinelli.

Post #507139  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:18 pm 

Gunfire wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

You really are a Grade A bullshyter aren't you? Real Madrid fans were raging when he was sold. He was a star at Real and admired and respected by players and fans. Mourinho wrote the forward to his biography and considers him a world class player and has said he admires him greatly.

The club itself had had it with him, he had a row with Germany too. He’s trouble

Few people seem to respect him and he has been *%^@ all season and we have to play him because we have no one else.

Post #507140  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:30 pm 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/a ... -1.4118327

This is what Mesut is protesting.

Post #507141  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:32 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I like Arteta personally but I have to wonder what percentage of wanting him to be manager is the fact that he is assistant to a wildly successful side?

Don't know. Is it 62%?

Post #507142  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:49 pm 

Gunfire wrote:

Except if we back him will earnt he respect of many as a club with real values. Instead of just money.

" A club with real values " or a club that has completely lost it's marbles .

Backing a player who has just destroyed a 1. 3 billion population merchandise market , puts out so little on the pitch while pocketing by far the largest pay check .

Pompeo / America wouldn't have the slightest concern for the Uyghurs they just use any issue to try to embarrass China .

Post #507143  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:10 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Gunfire wrote:

" A club with real values " or a club that has completely lost it's marbles .

Backing a player who has just destroyed a 1. 3 billion population merchandise market , puts out so little on the pitch while pocketing by far the largest pay check .

Pompeo / America wouldn't have the slightest concern for the Uyghurs they just use any issue to try to embarrass China .

Players who enter the realm of politics ( Özil Bellerin) or religion (Folau) while they are with an employer should be able to be dealt with. You are correct about the chinese market. Instead of the moral outrage of some fans about the club distancing themselves from Özil remarks, they need to have a look in their own backyard for issues and ask if they want Arsenal players, who live a privileged life, making a comment about their area.

Post #507144  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:13 pm 

Attachment:

Post #507145  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:32 pm 

I'm surprised people talking about the China market...

Post #507146  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:56 pm 

warrior wrote:
Attachment:
AD-FINAL-ARSENAL-STATS-161219.jpg

Mesut has had a good season

Post #507147  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:09 pm 

According to the Committee to Protect Journalists, Erdogan jails more journalists than any other nation — more than China, Russia and Egypt combined. Mesut loves him.

Post #507148  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:31 pm 

I'm skeptical about Arteta. I don't know to what degree is City's success owed to him. Another reason to hire him seems to be, well Pep thinks highly of him and City are fantastic, so he must be a good manager.

Ferguson had assistants who have become managers McClaren didn't set the word afire. Walter Smith as well. The highly regarded Queroz didn't do well either.

If we can get Rodgers in the summer, I'd prefer to wait for him and limp through the rest of the season. But if its Arteta, so it is. I will support him 100 percent and hope my fears are proven completely wrong.

Up the Arsenal.

Post #507149  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:33 pm 

DHD wrote:

The face of the NBA LeBron James supported the Chinese in the HK protests and has been under fire in Hong Kong.

Mixing sports and politics is delicate but I'd like to think Arsenal has enough morals to not stop someone from speaking out against oppression for the sake of money.

Post #507150  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:35 pm 

...Pompeo, in terms of his role as Sec State is abominable. But then again, its hard to find a rose in a pile of sh*t sycophants in the current regime.

Post #507151  Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 pm 

Didn't look at the results and expected Liverpool to win no matter who they put out there and was shocked at the scoreline.

Post #507152  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:56 am 

If Arteta takes over as is rumored and if its immediate, his first game will be at the club he's seen as a legend. Couldn't write a movie plot better.

Post #507153  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:11 am 

So still no manager news I take it?

Post #507154  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:17 am 

We've gone 9 league games without a clean sheet.......Man U have gone 12 league games without a clean sheet. I know we have seemingly much more glaring problems but surely there are some easy wins with this team on the training ground. When Wenger left I thought the next guy had an open goal in fixing so many problems; off the ball work, positioning, leaky defence, motivation, work rate because every single one comes out of the training ground rather than any natural talent or physical attribute like natural pace or height that can't really be changed. Emery made pretty much all of this worse.

The best start Arteta can do is watch the Everton match and the week's training and anyone not giving 100% is simply not in the squad for the next game. Then bring in younger players who will give 100%.

The next step is to drill in some basic off the ball work, anyone unwilling to do that work or who is unable to grasp it and improve is also not in the squad.

It feels like we're starting from rock bottom with this group of players and certain standards need to be set. Anyone who doesn't like it can leave as far as I'm concerned.

I also think we desperately need some fresh blood in January, find some funds from somewhere and bring in some hungry younger players who buy in to Arteta's methods and have shown they have pace, power, mobility, intelligence, desire, work rate.

Do all that and we'll be in an infinitely better place. It will take the rest of the season for Arteta to get across the principles of his way of playing, we can't 'write it off' as we're still in a precarious position in the league and still have the back door route in to the Champions League via Europa.

Post #507155  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:38 am 

Quite frankly if I was Arteta I wouldn't take the job.

Post #507156  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:51 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:

I wouldn’t either.

He’s on an absolute hiding. He’s going to have to find a way to get the fans on board and get the team built into a unit that is hard to beat rather than dynamic.

Then he needs 2 passing midfielders, 1 right back, a player for wide left, 1 centre back and deal with the problem of both our main strikers leaving this summer.

This will take a 3 year swing minimum. Emery and the board have wrecked us.

Post #507157  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:07 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:

I wouldn’t either.

He’s on an absolute hiding. He’s going to have to find a way to get the fans on board and get the team built into a unit that is hard to beat rather than dynamic.

Then he needs 2 passing midfielders, 1 right back, a player for wide left, 1 centre back and deal with the problem of both our main strikers leaving this summer.

I would take the job. The money is good! Just park the bus and play on the counter and demand for money to buy new players if results are not going your way.

Post #507158  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:14 am 

Goonie wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I wouldn’t either.

I would take the job. The money is good! Just park the bus and play on the counter and demand for money to buy new players if results are not going your way.

If you were already a millionaire living in a mansion in Manchester, married to Miss Spain, assistant coach for a team with endless money on a decent wage and likely to move into the managers hot seat when the current incumbent is likely to leave over the next 2 years.

Why on earth would you want to get involved in the absolute clusterfuck of epic proportions that is Arsenal. I’d rather take the England job and that shows how far we have fell.

Post #507159  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:51 am 

Greeny wrote:
Rich wrote:
The best start Arteta can do is watch the Everton match and the week's training and anyone not giving 100% is simply not in the squad for the next game. Then bring in younger players who will give 100%.

The next step is to drill in some basic off the ball work, anyone unwilling to do that work or who is unable to grasp it and improve is also not in the squad.

Great idea.

The squad doesn't have to have to 18 players listed before the game starts.

The obvious problem being that we need 11 players to take the field, and I don't think there are 11 players that get through these admittedly very basic entry requirements.

All quite depressing isn't it. The fabled 'new manager bounce' usually relies on one thing only, effort. The players had stopped trying for the last guy so he got the boot and now they will try for the new guy. We couldn't even muster that, what does that say about our players?

Post #507160  Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:56 am 

Sam Fagbemi, City's youth scout expert is rumoured to be part of Arteta's staff. As is Domènec Torrent who was Pep's assistant at Barca and Bayern but is unemployed after a stint as head coach in New York following Vieira

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12676, 12677, 12678, 12679, 12680, 12681, 12682 ... 14269  Next