Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 96 guests

Post #505361  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:32 pm 

TAFKAEiN wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Welcome back.
Yes, AG is still out on a limb but otherwise a certain amount of unity prevails. Weird. People are having to find really petty issues to pick fights over.

I've looked in a few times but as I have a scroll button I've no idea what AG has been saying.

I did, however, notice Top Gun telling heinous lies about me.

Hey Ex,

Welcome back.

How's things with that lad of yours?

Post #505362  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:34 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Darren wrote:
Thing is Haz, apparently his deal is three years with a review after two. If we sack him now we need to pay off the 18 months left. Sack him after this season and we pay nothing as the break clause comes into effect. I hope it’s b%*&s%*^ but it smacks of Kroenke-nomics.

It gets worse than that. I’ve been told by a source I trust that Kroenke thinks the club owes him £120m which he loaned it to fund the purchase of players, and he wants it back.

Sadly, that sounds very believable, Bernard.

Post #505363  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:28 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
How quickly Emery fell ............. was sad about it, but now it is disappointment. He is just as stubborn and arrogant as AW.

Wonder if any of Emery's ex-player name his son after him? Like Arshavin naming his son Arseniy. I didn't know Arshavin loves Wenger that much.

Post #505364  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:33 pm 

Goonie wrote:
gooner7 wrote:
How quickly Emery fell ............. was sad about it, but now it is disappointment. He is just as stubborn and arrogant as AW.

Wonder if any of Emery's ex-player name his son after him? Like Arshavin naming his son Arseniy. I didn't know Arshavin loves Wenger that much.

Well I suppose he did get a big payday from his Arsenal career.

Post #505365  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:37 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Darren wrote:
Ornstein has spoken and it’s not good.

Link

Doubt that's accurate, but if it is I wonder what they'd point to as a reason for optimism. I think I'm known as pretty optimistic when it comes to Arsenal, but no matter how hard I look I just can't find a single positive sign at the moment. We're not doing anything well. Poor defensively, poor offensively, no control in midfield, no cohesion.

Our squad isn't perfect, but it's really good. Can't point to anyone but the manager at this point.

"Arsenal bosses “100%” behind Unai Emery"

possibly sizing up the best spot to slip the knife in?

Now would be an excellent time, with a relatively easy run of game coming.

Not likely, unfortunately. But you can never tell, especially not from what they say!

Post #505366  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 pm 

Decaf wrote:
john1 wrote:

In fact it’s a bit Tafkaesque

The artist formerly known as Exiled in Newcastle?

The Arsenal fan known as Exiled in Newcastle?

Post #505367  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm 

C'mon 'Citeh'

Post #505368  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:09 pm 

Rich wrote:
Emery: "My message to everyone would be to stay calm because we can improve. When they scored the first goal maybe that was the moment we lost the possibility to do anything in the game. Before that our attitude had been good & I was pleased with the way we stuck to the gameplan"

The fans have known for a long time that if arsenal concede first away from home it is nearly always game over.....but for the coach to admit that! There was 22 minutes left, change tactics, change shape, up the tempo - basically do what you are paid to do! So infuriating. I totally believe that the club will wait until the end of the season before parting ways, and it will be a parting of ways because no chance is he making champions league.

Delusional Emery

Post #505369  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:10 pm 

Darren wrote:
Thing is Haz, apparently his deal is three years with a review after two. If we sack him now we need to pay off the 18 months left. Sack him after this season and we pay nothing as the break clause comes into effect. I hope it’s b%*&s%*^ but it smacks of Kroenke-nomics.

But it doesn't even make sense from a financial point. He's rumored to be on £6m per year, even if we were forced to continue paying him for the full contract period it's nothing compared to the fees we spent on players in the summer.

I get that you can structure deals in different ways, but it just doesn't make sense to spend £70m on a player and then not be able to pay £9m in wages to a sacked manager.

Post #505370  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:12 pm 

Pundit said Liverpool has never lost whenever Firmino starts. Obviously channeling the spirit of a certain previous Liverpool player who had a longer record. :1laughter:

Post #505371  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 pm 

If Emery is sacked it will be interested how much luster still remains on The Arsenal name. I can see pretty much any UK manager raking the job, it's still a prize job. As far as international managers? Hmmm....remains to be seen. If we were spending money? Yes. But these days the top managers almost always will only work at clubs where they have a blank check to sign players.

Be careful what you ask for Arsenal fans.

Post #505372  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:25 pm 

Goonie wrote:
Decaf wrote:

The artist formerly known as Exiled in Newcastle?

The Arsenal fan known as Exiled in Newcastle?

:58big-emoticons: I think you nailed it.

Post #505373  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:42 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
but it just doesn't make sense to spend £70m on a player and then not be able to pay £9m in wages to a sacked manager.

I agree that It’s inconceivable. And anyway in the parallel universe where giant football clubs like AFC can’t afford to pay off a years salary of a manager, there are things called banks/investors who would be delighted to lend them some cash...

Post #505374  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:43 pm 

TAFKAEiN wrote:
Decaf wrote:
Welcome back.
Yes, AG is still out on a limb but otherwise a certain amount of unity prevails. Weird. People are having to find really petty issues to pick fights over.

I've looked in a few times but as I have a scroll button I've no idea what AG has been saying.

I did, however, notice Top Gun telling heinous lies about me.

What specifically dude? I always thought you were a good sport

Welcome back btw

Post #505375  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:47 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
C'mon 'Citeh'

Rather lively!

I doubt it will end 2-0.

Post #505376  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:48 pm 

Darren wrote:

Link

I’m not sure that stands for much though.

Until they pull the trigger they have to say the opposite till the bitter end.

If they aren’t careful it will go to a place where the greatest hits come out from the crowd

“You don’t know what your doing”

“Your not fit to wear the shirt”

“Sacked in the morning “

Etc etc .... then planes and banners and stuff.

Not sure they can just put blinkers on and deny it’s happening as we fall down the table

Post #505377  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:53 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Not sure they can just put blinkers on and deny it’s happening as we fall down the table

They 've done it before.

Post #505378  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:58 pm 

Where is my Xanax? I'm having anxiety driven thoughts of Liverpool going unbeaten, 100+ points and sweeping all domestic trophies.

Post #505379  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:05 pm 

Our top 2 sides could easily replicate their league positions in any league in the world. Barca would be hard pressed to beat either. May even shade Liverpool as better.

Post #505380  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:43 pm 

:20hospitals:

Post #505381  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:45 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

Link

If they aren’t careful it will go to a place where the greatest hits come out from the crowd

“Sacked in the morning “

There was always the feeling that there was still a level of respect for Wenger in the stadium which is why it never got too nasty towards him within the stadium, despite threatening to do so. Emery won’t get the same courtesy you feel. We are only a couple of further bad homes games away from the crowd venting.

Post #505382  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 pm 

socrates wrote:
Bernard wrote:
It gets worse than that. I’ve been told by a source I trust that Kroenke thinks the club owes him £120m which he loaned it to fund the purchase of players, and he wants it back.

Sounds unlikely to me, for starters we only spent around £50M this summer, the rest was set as future payments so would come out over the next 2 or 3 seasons, I would imagine we had enough cash reserves to spend £50M given that we had over £100M in the last accounts before KSE got their filthy hands on 100% shares.

Next summer is a different story though, stuck in the EL again or out of Europe completely, I doubt we'll have any transfer budget, it will be truly "sell to buy" time, so you can say goodbye to Aubameyang and Lacazette, then we will be in another "project youth" phase again not as a plan of any sort but just because we have no other choice.

Post #505383  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:09 pm 

Typically 3-1 down away at Anfield, you would assume the game is dead and buried, but not if its this City squad.

Post #505384  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:30 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
socrates wrote:

Sounds unlikely to me, for starters we only spent around £50M this summer, the rest was set as future payments so would come out over the next 2 or 3 seasons, I would imagine we had enough cash reserves to spend £50M given that we had over £100M in the last accounts before KSE got their filthy hands on 100% shares.

I’m with you. Also doesn’t ffp prohibit this? I thought an owner can’t just loan their club’s millions anymore and the only way they could get round it would be over inflated sponsorship these days

Post #505385  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm 

I think back to two of the best performances under Emery, Man U at home and Chelsea at home. The press and intensity was there from the first minute, we swarmed all over both of them and I’m pretty sure we got early goals in each.
Why hasn’t emery been able to reproduce that type of intensity, he’ll even if it didn’t end up in early goals or us even winning games, I just want to see the intensity in our game!

Post #505386  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm 

Oh well, looks like we're just going to have to protect our own invincible season with a home win against Liverpool. :42laughter:

Post #505387  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:48 pm 

Was Pep trolling? I'm hearing him say, I'm so proud of my team. We are champions, we play in a way why we are back to back champions, yadda, yadda.

Post #505388  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:06 pm 

I am proclaiming the league race officially over. lol. Ladbrokes, take my advice payout the bets having Liverpool winning it.
Be prepared for a plethora of media induced over the top nostalgic celebrations, interviews with the 1990 side, etc, etc.

I don't envy any non LFC fan living in England at that time.

Post #505389  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I am proclaiming the league race officially over. lol. Ladbrokes, take my advice payout the bets having Liverpool winning it.
Be prepared for a plethora of media induced over the top nostalgic celebrations, interviews with the 1990 side, etc, etc.

The fact that Liverpool and Leicester are above ₽₽₽₽$$$$ and د.إد.إد.إد.إ$$$$$ is something I can live with.

Post #505390  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:20 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Was Pep trolling? I'm hearing him say, I'm so proud of my team. We are champions, we play in a way why we are back to back champions, yadda, yadda.

It was a spirited, skillful performance, let down by their weakened defence and some poor finishing by the likes of Aguero.

Nothing to be ashamed of unlike ....

Post #505391  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm 

A black player is racially abused for shaktar in a Ukrainian league game, he swears at the crowd and kicks the ball in to the crowd. The ref sends him off. If ever there was a huge backward step in tackling racism in football here it is

Post #505392  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:32 pm 

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

“Sacked in the morning “

There was always the feeling that there was still a level of respect for Wenger in the stadium which is why it never got too nasty towards him within the stadium, despite threatening to do so. Emery won’t get the same courtesy you feel. We are only a couple of further bad homes games away from the crowd venting.

I said a couple of weeks back December is a bit of a killer in the league for us. We play city and chelsea and have to go to Goodison and play United on New Year’s Day.

How will he survive that run of games. If he could organise the team and get some confidence back but goodness me it’s flat at the moment. I just can’t see it.

Camden said on twitter earlier it will cost the club 15 million to sack Emery and his staff. It’s a healthy amount but the alternative is fan anguish, horrendous PR, star players leaving and no real hope left.

They are fools if they think they can sit this one out.

Post #505393  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:40 pm 

Darren wrote:
Yes, I agree with that. Truth is for many, me included, he was an uninspiring appointment at a time when the fans really wanted a manager to get the pulse racing - either a proven league winner or somebody with impeccable Arsenal connections. Unless there was a big improvement under him, Emery was always going to be given limited leeway. After a brightish start the engine has stalled, and the driver can hear many a loud horn blowing in his ear. Soon it may get even louder.

Post #505394  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:47 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
socrates wrote:

Next summer is a different story though, stuck in the EL again or out of Europe completely, I doubt we'll have any transfer budget, it will be truly "sell to buy" time, so you can say goodbye to Aubameyang and Lacazette, then we will be in another "project youth" phase again not as a plan of any sort but just because we have no other choice.

To be honest right now I’d be happy with 11 players who give 100% and a coach who coaches them, has a plan, plays attractive high tempo attacking football and shows a sense of understanding. What to do without the ball and how to organise a defence.
If that team is made up of a team of 21 year olds and a rookie coach then so be it.

Post #505395  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:55 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

Knowing what your predictions are like, thanks for giving me at least a little hope that Liverpool might not win it.

Post #505396  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:23 pm 

Nice to see you back Exiled, hope you are well.

Not sure what is worse, our recent form or Bernard's transparent attempts to include Ljungberg as culpable alongside Emery.

Probably the latter. :42laughter:

Post #505397  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 pm 

Niall wrote:

Not sure what is worse, our recent form or Bernard's transparent attempts to include Ljungberg as culpable alongside Emery.

Do you think he can be totally blameless then? Seriously? The main blame lies with Emery undoubtedly. I’ve said that before. But as Emery’s assistant, might be not have some sort of responsibility for what’s happening, even if it’s much less than Emery? If he takes training responsibilities for organising the team (including the defence), might he discuss tactics with Emery, the style of play, even team selection, doesn’t that make Ljungberg partly responsible? How can it not?

Otherwise if Fred is no more than a cone man and has no influence over what’s happening or therefore having any responsibility for it, what does that say about the strength of his personality? Certainly weaker than Emery, who has never struck me as that strong either. I do feel, however, that we need a strong character to be manager of this club.

Whichever possibility is the truth, I don’t think either supports the idea of Ljungberg taking over once Emery leaves.

The main benefit I can see for giving Fred the job is that he’s an Arsenal legend and will presumably thus get far more support, and vitally their patience, than someone without Arsenal ‘DNA’ would get. If nothing changed from Emery to Ljungberg, I would expect the level of fan criticism to fall.

Post #505398  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Niall wrote:

Do you think he can be totally blameless then? Seriously? The main blame lies with Emery undoubtedly. I’ve said that before. But as Emery’s assistant, might be not have some sort of responsibility for what’s happening, even if it’s much less than Emery? If he takes training responsibilities for organising the team (including the defence), might he discuss tactics with Emery, even team selection, doesn’t that make Ljungberg partly responsible? How can it not?

Otherwise if Fred is no more than a cone man and has no influence over what’s happening or therefore having any responsibility for it, what does that say about the strength of his personality? Certainly weaker than Emery, who has never struck me as that strong either. I do feel, however, that we need a strong character to be manager of this club.

Whichever possibility is the truth, I don’t think either supports the idea of Ljungberg taking over once Emery leaves.

I don't think Ljungberg should be the next manager, but I see Juan Carlos Carcedo as Emery's assistant rather than Freddie. Ljungberg was touted as more a conduit with the younger players coming into the squad.

Post #505399  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:21 pm 

If the suggestions that we won't sack Emery because we don't want to pay him and his backroom staff off is true then that really is small time. We are one of the richest clubs in the world and hiring and firing just goes with the territory. Ask United.

Post #505400  Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:23 pm 

Niall wrote:
I don't think Ljungberg should be the next manager, but I see Juan Carlos Carcedo as Emery's assistant rather than Freddie. Ljungberg was touted as more a conduit with the younger players coming into the squad.

So is Ljungberg a cone man in your view? What else does he do? I agree with you, however, when you say you don’t think Ljungberg should be Arsenal’s next manager. But it seems some people do.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12632, 12633, 12634, 12635, 12636, 12637, 12638 ... 14269  Next