Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Googlebot, warrior and 101 guests

Post #505801  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:39 am 

Darren wrote:
Arsebog totally nails it today. This is much bigger than just Emery.

Hi Darren,

Indeed. Not sure how this plays out now. If we hang on to Emery purely for financial considerations then that is a small club mentality but their argument would probably be that with top four gone already we might as well wait until the summer.

Personally, I'd make the change now and give the new manager a few months to get used to things so he can hit the ground running next season.

Post #505802  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:08 am 

socrates wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi Darren,

Indeed. Not sure how this plays out now. If we hang on to Emery purely for financial considerations then that is a small club mentality but their argument would probably be that with top four gone already we might as well wait until the summer.

Personally, I'd make the change now and give the new manager a few months to get used to things so he can hit the ground running next season.

I saw someone tweet earlier that if the guys in control don’t get a grip soon we could find ourselves establishing ourselves as an upper mid table side. This is where they prove their worth or not.

Post #505803  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Have this in return https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIE28q3fEA heard it on a blues CD I got at the Op Shop last week had a bit more grunt sounded like the Mark Keys " Last Night "
Loved that. As we've all got the blues, let us have a bit more. May as well soak ourselves in it with Joe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Jzcu5SMy4

Post #505804  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:06 am 

socrates wrote:
Darren wrote:

Hi Darren,

Emery is so bad now I think we can do without a manager till end of season and still perform better than the last 6-7 games...

Post #505805  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:07 pm 

Goonie wrote:
socrates wrote:

Hi Darren,

Emery is so bad now I think we can do without a manager till end of season and still perform better than the last 6-7 games...

Who needs a manager/first team coach anyway?
Just let the first team squad vote every Friday. The players that get the most votes are in the first 11 on Saturday.
Avoids the manager having to make any awkward decisions.

Post #505806  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:25 pm 

I realise the rebound was put away but I suppose Leno has at least now saved a penalty. Must be the first since Čech against Watford.

The rumour on Bayern chat rooms are that they want to sign Leno to replace Neuer. Hope they don’t get him.

Post #505807  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:37 pm 

Darren wrote:

Did anyone expect anything different under Kroenke’s ownership? The whole thing seems inevitable to me. I’m not saying Emery is blameless. He bares a lot of responsibility for what’s going on with the playing side of things. I would thus welcome his departure, along with his back room staff (as routinely happens these days as when the manager goes his assistants seem to follow him out the door).

But it wouldn’t bother me if Sanllehi, Venkatesham and Edu also went. Along with the hypocrite Keswick who allegedly wants to retire in a hissy fit because the three of them plus Stan and Josh won’t sack Emery. After all, Chips is the man who sat on his fat arse doing nothing when Wenger should have been sacked years before he was.

Post #505808  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:25 pm 

Rich wrote:
Just seen the clip where Sokratis dribbled across his own area, was bullied off it and saints should have scored a simple 2v1 on Leno!!! It is the sort of mistake good teams make once a season. We do it 2-3 times every match!

Sok does this too much, and it is totally unnecessary. And where is the support to give him an outlet when he was clearly ambushed by too many opposing players? This is the most frustrating aspect of Arsenal's play right now. In failing to address it, just shows Emery's failure.

Post #505809  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:26 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Arsenalia wrote:
My wife has been wondering lately why I don't just stick to shoving bamboo under my fingernails, instead of crawling out of bed in the middle of the night in my dotage.

:laughing7: perched on a chair in front of the computer at 3. 50 am I had similar thoughts ...

" What am I watching this sh**t for ."

Baffles me how every single person on this forum [ bar one ]
can see exactly what is wrong with Arsenal Football Club and yet the powers that be can't ..... :icon_scratch:

I suspect that "one" is simply trying to get a rise out of other forumnites.

Post #505810  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:58 pm 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... CbAHPH736s

Arsenal board start process of identifying Unai Emery's successor after fans turn on under-pressure manager again... with Max Allegri, Mikel Arteta and even sacked Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino in the frame

Post #505811  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:51 pm 

Arsenalia wrote:

The handling of the issue surrounding that swivel eyed, duplicitous thief Özil has been farcical from whoa to go for instance. If I had Stan's money I'd pay out his contract and gift him to Dagenham & Redbridge for Christmas!
l!

You clearly know nothing about football. Stop making a fool out of yourself.

Post #505812  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:22 pm 

Kroenke out before/along with Emery.

Post #505813  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:45 pm 

Ash wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Man U win tomorrow we'll be 12th................

Wtf :36angers:

That's got to be the threshold. Lose at home to Southampton and bottom half of the table on November. This whole thing needs to ee put out of its misery. With pochetino there was always what he had achieved before. What exactly are we expecting from him? I'm not angry at him I just want the board to make the change.

Manure 2-0 down :laughing7: :laughing7:

Post #505814  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:46 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7719969/Arsenal-start-process-identifying-Unai-Emerys-successor-amid-growing-boardroom-dissatisfaction.html?fbclid=IwAR21IQJ-GtWUz4EQZ3ljZm-lA9p1_6_5U09q2vwbYuxtjpFkWCbAHPH736s

Arsenal board start process of identifying Unai Emery's successor after fans turn on under-pressure manager again... with Max Allegri, Mikel Arteta and even sacked Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino in the frame

Man utd losing 2-0. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Poch named their manager by next week.

Post #505815  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:48 pm 

We need the Sheffield United manager and his team............

United losing 2-0 :26surprise:

Emery or OGS first?

Post #505816  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:59 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

Emery or OGS first?

Case in point. Lys Mousset, wasn’t getting a game at Bournemouth and even when he did play he looked very very average. Sheff Utd signed him and he’s clearly been told the exact role he needs to play in a team where all other 10 players know their role, the tactics and each play for one another and the manager and the fans 100%. Suddenly Mousset has 4 goals in 5-6 odd games. Confidence and coaching

Post #505817  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:04 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Kroenke out before/along with Emery.

By what agency do you imagine Kroenke will be removed?

Post #505818  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:05 pm 

The AG luck charm couldn't help atrocious defending for the Blades. 2-0 and now 3-2...

Post #505819  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:07 pm 

Looks like OGS United winning 3-2

Can we do a swop?

Post #505820  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:08 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

Emery or OGS first?

Considering we seem to have cunningly jinxed Sheffield United, my money would be on Emery :58big-emoticons: :42laughter: :42laughter:

Post #505821  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:19 pm 

I may have Irish in my background, lucky AG..hehehehe :42laughter:

Anway. Question. Had their been VAR in our unbeaten run would we have lost game with the Pires controversial goal? For sure though Rooney's penalty ending the run wouldn't have stood.

Post #505822  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:25 pm 

Jeez Wilder doing a brilliant job, managed a 3-3 draw.

Previously conceded 9 goals now up to 12 and still a lot better than us. Leicester best at 11.

Wilder Wilder Wilder

Post #505823  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:26 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
For sure though Rooney's penalty ending the run wouldn't have stood.

It probably would have stood. Fergie would have had a direct video link into the VAR centre just to make sure that things went his way.

Post #505824  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:55 pm 

Posted by me a few weeks back. Not that Wilder would leave SHU at anytime though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport. ... rnock/amp/

Post #505825  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:10 pm 

Watching Toulouse v Marseille. Toulouse have a cracking cf called Yaya Sanogo (sp?).

Think we should sign him up.

Post #505826  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:12 pm 

What I don’t want to see for the foreseeable future are posts on official club websites and social media showing happy, smiling and joking players.

Whilst Emery takes the majority of the blame for the current shitshow, not enough of the players are taking responsibility or showing enough passion and concern regarding the freefall we’re in.

Post #505827  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:24 pm 

john1 wrote:
Watching Toulouse v Marseille. Toulouse have a cracking cf called Yaya Sanogo (sp?).

Think we should sign him up.
His brother Sanagoa is better...

Post #505828  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:18 pm 

Strong rumours Spurs have been sold to the Kraft family. Big players in NFL and the family behind the NEw England Patriots. Bad news for us if true as it makes them bigger hitters. Explains the Mourinho move now. He’ll have decent money to spend if this is true. Makes sense with their NFL links.

Post #505829  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:28 pm 

Darren wrote:
Strong rumours Spurs have been sold to the Kraft family. Big players in NFL and the family behind the NEw England Patriots. Bad news for us if true as it makes them bigger hitters. Explains the Mourinho move now. He’ll have decent money to spend if this is true. Makes sense with their NFL links.

Are they better than the Kroenke family? Can’t be worse can they?

Post #505830  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:38 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Darren wrote:

No idea. Have no idea if it’s true either so hope it’s b%*&s%*^. But frankly the Manson family would be better than the Kroenke family.

Post #505831  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:16 pm 

john1 wrote:

not enough of the players are taking responsibility or showing enough passion and concern regarding the freefall we’re in.

Good point John .... but I that comes down to a combo of reasons ... the squad that is multi national , we have no national spine and no leaders .

Both latter day Wenger and our current idiot feel they issue whatever instructions and adhere to that no matter what ...no flexibilty .

Read Alan Ball's autobiography many moons ago ... think it was Terry Neill had this plan using Subbuteo men to play someone ...Derby , QPR .... ?

First half Don Masson was pulling the strings , killing Arsenal we went in half time 1 - 0 down .

Coming out of the tunnel Ball said to Eddie Kelly " forget that dribble you move here and I'll mark Masson " .... Ball sorted Masson out and Arsenal won .

Not sure whether that led to Ball being offloaded to Southampton

I've said it before ........ look at all the influential club captains down the years Adams , McLintock , Roy Keane , Souness , Billy Bonds , Brian Robson , Bremner .... central defence or midfield .... the hub of the side , better to govern the pattern of play .

Aubameyang is there for the coin toss .... useless for anything else .

Second point we all know the Club is in a f*** mess so why do we come on here to moan and groan and give our ulcers another work out ....?

Post #505832  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:27 pm 

Poch was asked about managing Arsenal and said he'd never be manager of Arsenal or Barcelona because he's too closely tied to Tottenham and Espanyol...he didn't say he didn't want to but seemed to suggest he wouldn't be considered.

He'd take the helm with us if approached. He wouldn't be my first choice though.

Post #505833  Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:28 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Darren wrote:

He [ Robert ] doesn't look quite as slippery as Stan ... Patriots have been the benchmark NFL franchise in recent years .

They beat Stan's Rams in the last Super Bowl .

Could have a beneficial effect on our club ....having a fellow Yank strutting his stuff nearby ; might stir Kroenke into action

Post #505834  Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:36 am 

I don't blame Emery entirely for the debacle that has unfolded.

The players are better than the performances they have delivered and even if they have lost faith in the manager they are professionals representing a great club like Arsenal and have a duty to perform to the best of their ability, or at least try to.

I honestly cannot remember one great PL performance since Emery arrived, and you could maybe say the same about the last days of Wenger. There must be something inherently wrong with the way the club is set up in terms of training methods, motivation etc if players are not able to perform to their optimum levels, irrespective of who is the manager.

Of course, you could say the same about what has happened at United, who have spent fortunes and yet remain a PL also-ran despite being arguably the biggest club in the world.

Conversely, Leicester look greater than the sum of their parts at the moment.

It's a funny old game.

Post #505835  Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:01 am 

socrates wrote:
Conversely, Leicester look greater than the sum of their parts at the moment.

It's a funny old game.

As do Sheffield United. A team with a spine and organisation, majorly over performing.

Post #505836  Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 am 

One of the guys being interviewed is a journalist for the Islington Gazette and has an interesting theory about Emery.
Basically that ever since Emery managed PSG to one of the most embarrassing defeats in Champions League history losing the return leg 6:1 having won the first leg 4 nil, he has become scarred and ultra cautious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIg-l72jqVE

Post #505837  Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 am 

gooner7 wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
:laughing7: perched on a chair in front of the computer at 3. 50 am I had similar thoughts ...

" What am I watching this sh**t for ."

Baffles me how every single person on this forum [ bar one ]
can see exactly what is wrong with Arsenal Football Club and yet the powers that be can't ..... :icon_scratch:

I suspect that "one" is simply trying to get a rise out of other forumnites.

Hmmm ...possibly G7 ... but if you aren't communicating with 95% of the forum why bother .

For me it's one of lifes great mysteries .........along with the Mary Celeste and what happened to Glenn Miller , Lord Lucan and Harold Holt .

Why frequent a forum when nearly everyone thinks you are prat and you end up virtually talking to yourself ...... :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Post #505838  Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:43 am 

socrates wrote:
I don't blame Emery entirely for the debacle that has unfolded.

It's a funny old game.

Dear God give me strength ...Socrates has had half glass of Merlot and is now feeling all mellow and forgiving .

Of course it is Emery's fault totally ...you plonker .

He selects the team; he tells them in that f*** gibberish he spouts how to play .

The whole team in the penalty box defending a corner .. the goalkkeeper touches the ball more often than every outfield player ...Chambers at right back , Bellerin in front of him against a team who had picked up 1 point in the last 21 ..........AT HOME

Who comes uo with this visionary **&^%$#$#**

No , no .. not the players , the board , Edu , Ljungberg , Donald Trump , Gordon Brown .............it is Unai Emery

...... [ tops up his rum ]...........and " it's a funny old game "

NO ....... it's not funny at all ... it's f**&%%**** painful :8angers:

Post #505839  Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:24 am 

Bored wrote:
One of the guys being interviewed is a journalist for the Islington Gazette and has an interesting theory about Emery.
Basically that ever since Emery managed PSG to one of the most embarrassing defeats in Champions League history losing the return leg 6:1 having won the first leg 4 nil, he has become scarred and ultra cautious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIg-l72jqVE

There was a photo of the last game going around showing just our half when we were attacking. Zero So'ton players being 'marked' by six outfield Arsenal players, none of whom looked like they had the slightest intention of moving forward.

Post #505840  Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:57 am 

kiwipete wrote:
Of course it is Emery's fault totally ...

No , no .. not the players , the board , Edu , Ljungberg , Donald Trump , Gordon Brown .............it is Unai Emery

The thing is Pete, the Express are reporting today that Emery’s job is ‘safe for now’. If they’re right and it is, doesn’t that make the ownership regime to blame as well? It’s them that have the power to sack him and if they’re choosing to keep him in post, surely that makes them partly responsible for what’s going on? It has to in my view. How can it not?

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12643, 12644, 12645, 12646, 12647, 12648, 12649 ... 14269  Next