Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 94 guests

Post #508201  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:21 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
kiwipete wrote:
:laughing7: It's not like we sold Patrick Vieira in his prime ...... I can remember some pretty ordinary performances from Aaron .

Yes so can I but contrast that to Monday when Granit Xhaka runs 30 yards forward with the ball at his feet before slipping over and our fans think he had a great game. Our standards have slipped so far

Guendouzi One paced, doesn’t create, doesn’t score, doesn’t cycle possession, can’t defend but can provide a bit of energy. He gets a pass because of his age but these guys make Ramsey look like Pele.

Yes but you'd have to admit you do have a fixation with Xhaka and Guendozi ...... apart from his tendency to give away stupid needless fouls I though Granit had a reasonable game .

.... and the other point is ; however bad our current two are it doesn't make Ramsay any better .

Post #508202  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:28 pm 

socrates wrote:
grantyboy wrote:

Doesn't look like he's up to much at Juventus either.

Morning granty,

I saw Ramsey play for Wales u21 v England U21's when he was 17 and he was the best player on the park by a mile. I thought then that his potential was amazing and he would possibly be the next great PL midfielder, following the likes of Keane, Vieira and Gerrard.

Sadly, that leg break and other subsequent injuries have hindered his progress somewhat. He's still a very good player just not the player I think he might have become had injuries been kinder to him.

You could probably say the same of Diaby, what might he have been but for a virtual career-ending injury.

except Mr Maxi Brain Cells ...... Aaron had an absolutely stellar European Championship in 2016 ; which was after all these life threatening injuries you document ,

came back to Arsenal and played bloody awful .

He could misplace passes on a Holding level .

Post #508203  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:33 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Yes so can I but contrast that to Monday when Granit Xhaka runs 30 yards forward with the ball at his feet before slipping over and our fans think he had a great game. Our standards have slipped so far

Guendouzi One paced, doesn’t create, doesn’t score, doesn’t cycle possession, can’t defend but can provide a bit of energy. He gets a pass because of his age but these guys make Ramsey look like Pele.

Yes but you'd have to admit you do have a fixation with Xhaka and Guendozi ...... apart from his tendency to give away stupid needless fouls I though Granit had a reasonable game .

.... and the other point is ; however bad our current two are it doesn't make Ramsay any better .

Well yes he is. He is better that’s the whole point

I’m not fixated on them but believe the lack of quality in the middle of the park is our biggest problem right now. Even more of a priority than our rickety defence. What makes you say Xhaka had a decent game ? Did he score ? Create a chance ? Launch a few defence splitting balls. Or did he just foul a few people, do a few sideways passes and slow clap when his team mates were subbed. Again

So far both players have contributed a grand total of zero goals and 2 assists this season despite Emery preferring them both to Torreira for many matches.

They are a major reason we are mid table and the midfield just hasn’t functioned all season.

Post #508204  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I suspect Top Gun is often driven by his personal likes and dislikes of a player. He’s long had a dislike of Xhaka who, you’re right, had a reasonable game against Leeds with a poor first half like everyone else followed by a very strong second half. It was noticeable he didn’t like the praise for Xhaka, coming on to try and deny the quality of his second half.

In response to a post by me he was also eager to pretend Arteta doesn’t genuinely rate Xhaka when his comments, which I provided a link to, suggests like all his other managers that he really does. It won’t shock me if Arteta tries to persuade Xhaka to stay. If he leaves next summer I suspect it’ll be Xhaka’s decision, not Arteta’s.

Sadly Top Gun now seems to have taken a dislike to Guendouzi as well. I accept he’s had a difficult run of form lately, but I think the bloke has enormous potential. His second half display against Leeds saw a return to his form earlier this season.

Post #508205  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:58 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Well yes he is. He is better that’s the whole point

but believe the lack of quality in the middle of the park is our biggest problem right now.

What makes you say Xhaka had a decent game

So far both players have contributed a grand total of zero goals and 2 assists this season despite Emery preferring them both to Torreira for many matches.

They are a major reason we are mid table and the midfield just hasn’t functioned all season.

Ramsay is definetly better than our current two for sure ...but that doesn't make him a better player in himself and I didn't see him as a major loss , the lunacy was not getting a fee for him.

I agree whole heartedly about the midfield this is where games are won and lost and since Wenger went away from his size counts policy and started buying midgets we have suffered and will continue to suffer .

Xhaka sprayed a few decent passes to set Kolasinac on his way , showed decent determination ; I wouldn't see him as key to future success but then I also think there is a better player in there .

Mikel seems to be making a decent attempt at manufacturing silk purses from a few sow's ears
........ so who knows

Post #508206  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:42 pm 

Bernard wrote:
kiwipete wrote:

I suspect Top Gun is often driven by his personal likes and dislikes of a player. He’s long had a dislike of Xhaka who, you’re right, had a reasonable game against Leeds with a poor first half like everyone else followed by a very strong second half. It was noticeable he didn’t like the praise for Xhaka, coming on to try and deny the quality of his second half.

In response to a post by me he was also eager to pretend Arteta doesn’t genuinely rate Xhaka when his comments, which I provided a link to, suggests like all his other managers that he really does. It won’t shock me if Arteta tries to persuade Xhaka to stay. If he leaves next summer I suspect it’ll be Xhaka’s decision, not Arteta’s.

Sadly Top Gun now seems to have taken a dislike to Guendouzi as well. I accept he’s had a difficult run of form lately, but I think the bloke has enormous potential. His second half display against Leeds saw a return to his form earlier this season.

I haven’t taken a dislike to Guendo he’s just raw and not ready to play week in week out. He does have enormous potential but right now isn’t good enough

Guendo needs serious coaching on basics, body shape when receiving ball, positioning when we lose ball and more. He takes too many touches and dawdles on the ball.

He is a good prospect but just massively over hyped unfortunately

Post #508207  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
I haven’t taken a dislike to Guendo he’s just raw and not ready to play week in week out. He does have enormous potential but right now isn’t good enough

Guendo needs serious coaching on basics, body shape when receiving ball, positioning when we lose ball and more. He takes too many touches and dawdles on the ball.

I mostly accept what you say there. But as you think Guendouzi “does have enormous potential”, which I fully agree with, I really don’t think he’s being over hyped.

He’s not the finished article, far from it. But I think some of the criticism he’s been getting is way over the top.

Post #508208  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:41 pm 

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I mostly accept what you say there. But as you think Guendouzi “does have enormous potential”, which I fully agree with, I really don’t think he’s being over hyped.

He’s not the finished article, far from it. But I think some of the criticism he’s been getting is way over the top.

Jury’s our for me. Pépé for example, as slow as his integration has been, I’ve got little doubt he’ll make it as a very good player for Arsenal. If that happens for Guendouzi, and I’m not convinced it will, its some years off. The reason I’m comparing the two is Guendouzi has played far more so is open to this evaluation as he’s been virtual first choice for a season and a half. And perhaps that’s the rub, he’s under a lot of scrutiny as he’s been over relied on when he should just be developing.

Post #508209  Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:55 pm 

I'm not sure how well placed Ornstein is with regards to legit inside info but it's January so the rumors will fly. I'd like to see us get some loaned players if we can't buy. Loaned for positions we need to fill to get us through the rest of the season. Speaking of loans, what's happened with Ceballos' injury? I like him a lot. Hoping he may even be permanent. I think he may excel in an Arteta set up. We are beating Man Utd without Bellerin and Teirney as well as Ceballos.

http://www.redlondon.net/david-ornstein ... r-january/

Post #508210  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:52 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I'm not sure how well placed Ornstein is with regards to legit inside info but it's January so the rumors will fly. I'd like to see us get some loaned players if we can't buy. Loaned for positions we need to fill to get us through the rest of the season. Speaking of loans, what's happened with Ceballos' injury? I like him a lot. Hoping he may even be permanent. I think he may excel in an Arteta set up. We are beating Man Utd without Bellerin and Teirney as well as Ceballos.

Yep those loans have worked pretty well for us. I hope Denis Suarez or Kim Kallstrom are available. When Wellbeck came to us Wenger only wanted to get him on a loan - try before you buy deal. He was pretty injury free as well. That’s why I am concerned by the Bayern offer.

As an organisation we have a history of not doing our homework first.

Post #508211  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:36 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:

I agree with Top Gun about Guendozi. He came on with a lot of promise. But his end product has been too few. He needs to be coached to use his energy in a more productive way. Move forward more, instead of just moving. And to be less argumentative. It is good to see a desire to get the decisions, but he overdoes

Post #508212  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:47 am 

gooner7 wrote:
He came on with a lot of promise. But his end product has been too few. He needs to be coached to use his energy in a more productive way.

I'm going to put it down to the manager. The level of play has been either stagnant or devolved so its not unexpected that players do the same. He is at an age where he needs proper coaching and tactics. It seems like he's not too far from being told to go out there and play. He's 'only' 20. He is far, far from the finished product and this is a very sensitive time in his development.

He came out of Lorient. They didn't have the time and resources to give him the proper development a club like Arsenal can. As much as I liked Emery, its obvious Guendouzi doesn't quite know exactly what his role is. Some things are instinctual but a lot of it is proper coaching. Some people have that instinct for the position. Vieira did but that's not the norm.

Let's see what Arteta and the staff can do with him in the next year or so. Then make a final determination on his level.

Post #508213  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:58 am 

gooner7 wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I agree with Top Gun about Guendozi. He came on with a lot of promise. But his end product has been too few. He needs to be coached to use his energy in a more productive way. Move forward more, instead of just moving. And to be less argumentative. It is good to see a desire to get the decisions, but he overdoes

I would like to see him moved further up field as I think he can run at defences with a great deal of effect. At the moment he is trying to cover some of Xhaka deficiencies. Why is Xhaka not the receiver of balls from the keeper. If he is such a good passer then get it going immediately. A very unkind person might think it is to avoid responsibility. Or maybe his speed of thought is too slow. But that is being unkind I suppose. Despite what others say, I have now watched the whole match and Xhaka & Luiz were terrible first half against Leeds. Yep they actually put in an effort second half but we’re hardly special.

Post #508214  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:15 am 

Ash wrote:
Jury’s our for me. Pépé for example, as slow as his integration has been, I’ve got little doubt he’ll make it as a very good player for Arsenal. If that happens for Guendouzi, and I’m not convinced it will, its some years off. The reason I’m comparing the two is Guendouzi has played far more so is open to this evaluation as he’s been virtual first choice for a season and a half. And perhaps that’s the rub, he’s under a lot of scrutiny as he’s been over relied on when he should just be developing.

But for the big majority of that season and a half Guendouzi has been excellent. The same stages of each season as it happens, the earlier bits before an arguably unsurprising (considering his age) drop in form. There’s far more reason to have doubts about Willock and Saka if you expect so much of youngsters. Both talented but have experienced big drops in form after bright starts. Indeed, I would say less impressive starts and in Willock’s case, worse drops in form.

Post #508215  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:25 am 

Bernard wrote:
Ash wrote:

But for the big majority of that season and a half Guendouzi has been excellent. The same stages of each season as it happens, the earlier bits before an arguably unsurprising (considering his age) drop in form. There’s far more reason to have doubts about Willock and Saka if you expect so much of youngsters. Both talented but have experienced big drops in form after bright starts. Indeed, I would say less impressive starts and in Willock’s case, worse drops in form.

Guendouzi is still only 20, he's been thrust in to a disfunctional and failing team and has had some good and some poor performances - many of his more exeperienced team mates have had worse seasons and have shown less desire and attitude than him.
Many of Guendouzi's problems at the moment can be fixed on the training pitch, and Arteta seems like a coach who will do that. Guendouzi's energy can make his positional sense a bit ragged.
I'd like more end product in terms of goals and assists but it is rare for CM at his age to have that. Fabregas had very little output at a young age but flourished later - now Fabregas was a once in a generation talent, I'm not putting Guendouzi up there but the comparison on output v age stands.
The reality is Guendouzi shouldn't HAVE to be first choice, he should be shielded more and be allowed time to develop his game. He is one to stick by and help. My biggest concern with him is pace, if you don;'t have pace you need to be an absolutely exceptional reader of the game, perfect positionally and never be caught out. He will have to learn these things because I doubt he can make himself faster physically

Post #508216  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:29 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
gooner7 wrote:

I would like to see him moved further up field as I think he can run at defences with a great deal of effect. At the moment he is trying to cover some of Xhaka deficiencies. Why is Xhaka not the receiver of balls from the keeper. If he is such a good passer then get it going immediately. A very unkind person might think it is to avoid responsibility. Or maybe his speed of thought is too slow. But that is being unkind I suppose. Despite what others say, I have now watched the whole match and Xhaka & Luiz were terrible first half against Leeds. Yep they actually put in an effort second half but we’re hardly special.

The pass I hate is that straight vertical pass from a CB in to a CM feet as he's running towards his own goal usually with an opponent right behind him. It is asking for trouble and requires our CM to be alert, quick, strong, perfect first touch - and unless he can perform some kind of Pepe-esque turn (very risky in that area of the pitch) the only pass he has is back to the CB.
I remember Vieira being able to take these passes in his sleep, he'd almost let the opponent close him tight because he was so strong and long limbed they were never getting anywhere near the ball, he could then easily roll them to set us up going forwards. No-one in our team is capable of that - not many in the entire league are capable of that. I wish we'd stop making those passes, we were caught against Leeds so many times

Post #508217  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:33 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:

Ceballos was on the bench for the Leeds game

Post #508218  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:10 am 

Bernard wrote:
Ash wrote:

I think one of the big problems with young players is they get shifted about the team in different positions.

Willock seems good technically but when he plays rambles all over the pitch. Does he know what his role is and how to behave ?

Saka looks good on the left flank? Certainly. what happens ? he is shoe horned into left back after an injury occurs.

Maitland Niles has an outstanding game at old Trafford but oh look Hector’s done his cruciate, Ashley get in that full back position.

It must be tough for them. It seems to help when young players are blooded from a position of strength

Post #508219  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 am 

I’m not much of a fan of the monarchy whilst not being againest it but goodness me that couple doesn’t deserve the grief they get.

It’s quite bizarre the way the media go after them and quite seemingly want to hurt a young couple trying to start their life. No wonder they want out.

That said Prince Harry is undoing all the great work Prince Andrew has been doing recently.

We are an oddball country these days, everything is all over the place.

Post #508220  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:31 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
I'm not much of a fan of the monarchy whilst not being againest it but goodness me that couple doesn't deserve the grief they get.

It's quite bizarre the way the media go after them and quite seemingly want to hurt a young couple trying to start their life. No wonder they want out.

That said Prince Harry is undoing all the great work Prince Andrew has been doing recently.

Mate don't knock Prince Andrew.

Apparently he's quite the athlete who has competed in a number of marathons and places quite well.

He usually ends up coming in the teens.

Post #508221  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am 

warrior wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I'm not much of a fan of the monarchy whilst not being againest it but goodness me that couple doesn't deserve the grief they get.

It's quite bizarre the way the media go after them and quite seemingly want to hurt a young couple trying to start their life. No wonder they want out.

Mate don't knock Prince Andrew.

Apparently he's quite the athlete who has competed in a number of marathons and places quite well.

He usually ends up coming in the teens.

It’s a huge relief that he’s now taken time away from his royal duties to spend more time with the daughters. Just a shame their not his own.

Post #508222  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:50 pm 

Greeny wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

The whole "Britishness" has been diluted so much with imports and immigration that there is not much left of it.

ck

Not sure about that.

Theres something distinctly British about this and the other messes we create for ourselves

Post #508223  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:32 pm 

Bellerin must be approaching fitness as Arsenal.com says he’ll be assessed before the game at Palace. Also says that Chambers’ rehabilitation is expected to take six to nine months and that it’s hoped Tierney will return to full training in March.

With his lack of game time I find it difficult to see Tierney as yet being up to Monreal’s standard (I’m hopeful he will get there), let alone a Sansom or Cole type level. However, I did think he looked pretty good before his injury. But sadly the delay in his return to fitness at the beginning of the season and then his recent long term injury does nothing to show that the views of Gaz from Oz about his proneness to injury were overly or unnecessarily negative.

Having said that I’m still quite glad or at the very least not disappointed we signed him. The upside potential is there with him, as long as he can maintain an acceptable measure of fitness.

Post #508224  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:03 pm 

I think just as important as who we buy is equally who we sell. The usual suspects that have been discussed, such as Mustafi. Freeing up wages is also another incentive. I'd like to see Chambers moved out. I like Holding though. We can do better than Sokratis. I like Kolasniac as a back up to Tierney. Kols is a tough MF.

The jury may be out on Özil. It was pretty much certain he would be shopped around but now he's gotten a new lease on life under Arteta. Do we keep him? Or keep him for now and sell him in the summer?

Aubameyang is another one that although we won't want to be rid of him, the stories are that he wants out and he's a target in Spain. Does he still want to go? If not, do we sell him anyway?

If Torreira's heart is not in it, lets sell him as well. He'll fetch a pretty penny and we can spend that money on a better fit.

Xhaka looks here to stay. I think we can do much, much better. Arteta and others see something I don't so be it. I do wish he'd take more shots on goal. That booming kick is one of the good things I see about him that I think he should employ more. That 'knuckle ball' (baseball reference) kick is tough for keepers if he has a clear shot on goal from distance. We don't have a lot of players who are threats from beyond the 18 yard box.

Post #508225  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:19 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Greeny wrote:
The whole "Britishness" has been diluted so much with imports and immigration that there is not much left of it.

ck

Not sure about that.

Theres something distinctly British about this and the other messes we create for ourselves

Indeed. Brexit is quintessentially British. A self-inflicted cock-up accompanied by mass hysteria, and then somehow muddling through quite well in the end!

Post #508226  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:45 pm 

Might have *%^@*** guessed it. Bournemouth tie has been shifted to 8:00 pm on the Monday. Last train to London leaves at 22:12 and the station is a good half-hour's walk.

Who gives a *%^@ about supporters? About as many as give a *%^@ about sustainable transport I suspect.

*%^@ers.

Post #508227  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:37 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Ash wrote:

No because they haven’t played as much and are further from the first 11.

Post #508228  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:21 pm 

I'm hoping we get Upamecano as soon as possible and not do the Arsenal thing of waiting till the last minute. That said, he's 20. I know he's playing first team football but he's 20. Young, strong, lots of upside, but will need time to figure out the attackers in this league. Basically, he will be asked to help out immediately without much time to sit on the bench. That said, crossing my fingers and hoping we get him soon.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... e-16391326

Post #508229  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:25 pm 

Another player I would love to have, Lille's Soumare. We really don't have a dominating center mid. Torreira is more terrier than dominating. He would do well partnering with someone bigger and mobile. To me, it seems like Xhaka's main advantages are his leadership qualities than anything else but that's me. Not saying he doesn't put in the effort. He just doesn't seem to have the skills, speed, to make the midfield his own.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-21248486

Post #508230  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:34 pm 

The earliest signs is that Arteta is a change that was needed. I've been a supporter of Emery on here but will concede Arteta is changing things. That said, I just read that Saliba is set to return 6 months earlier than the deal we made. I just wonder if Emery had still been the manager if this would have been negotiated for him? It just appears (and it may not be the case) that Arteta is getting what he wants (I certainly hope so by the way) but Emery was held in check more. I don't know, it just appears that way.

Anyway, up The Arsenal. Hoping we can win on the road Saturday.

Post #508231  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:35 pm 

...and thinking out loud, we may have a back 4 of Bellerin, Saliba, the Juve CB and Tierney at some point this season.

Post #508232  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 pm 

Ash wrote:

But they’ve also been much less impressive than Guendouzi so shouldn’t have played as much and they should also be further from the first team, if they are. They have played a good number of games so if any youngsters deserve your criticism it’s one or both of them, not Guendouzi. Sorry, I think you’re being very unfair on who I consider the best young player we’ve had in ages.

Post #508233  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:58 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Ash wrote:

But they’ve also been much less impressive than Guendouzi so shouldn’t have played as much and they should also be further from the first team, if they are. They have played a good number of games so if any youngsters deserve your criticism it’s one or both of them, not Guendouzi. Sorry, I think you’re being very unfair on who I consider the best young player we’ve had in ages.

Guendouzi is almost 3 years older than Saka. It’s not really the same at all.

Also surely Martinelli is the best young player we have had in ages. Look how he’s affecting matches, he’s the type of player you could have the big Spanish sides chasing in a few years.

Post #508234  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:27 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Guendouzi is almost 3 years older than Saka. It’s not really the same at all.

Also surely Martinelli is the best young player we have had in ages. Look how he’s affecting matches, he’s the type of player you could have the big Spanish sides chasing in a few years.

Check their dates of birth again, or your adding up. If you’re rounding things up or down to the nearest full year, Guendouzi is closer to two years older than Saka than three. Moreover, in my view Saka hasn’t produced the form Guendouzi did a season and a half ago. Is the comparison as unfair as you appear to suggest?

I’ll have to wait and see more of him before I rate Martinelli more highly. Moreover I can see the big Spanish sides chasing Guendouzi in a few years. Weren’t there rumours PSG wanted him last summer?

Post #508235  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:27 pm 

What?
http://dailycannon.com/2020/01/olivier- ... tottenham/

Post #508236  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:32 pm 

So, the latest rumor of a Brazilian teenage right back. Yan Couto

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ement.html

Post #508237  Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:49 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:

A former Tottenham defender who spent two years there from 2006 to 2008 thinks Giroud would be a good signing for them to cover for Kane while he’s out injured. But is there a credible source that the move might happen? I didn’t see one. So at the moment it looks a non-story to me.

But even if it happens I can’t say it would bother me. He’s getting old and lacked pace in his prime so will surely be even slower now. Anyway, he wouldn’t be the first player to play for both clubs (by a long way) and I very much doubt he’d be the last. I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Post #508238  Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:50 am 

Injury prone or not, we're going to get a defender of Umtiti's quality for this price any time soon.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/09/r ... lable-20m/

Post #508239  Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:55 am 

Bernard wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:

A former Tottenham defender who spent two years there from 2006 to 2008 thinks Giroud would be a good signing for them to cover for Kane while he’s out injured. But is there a credible source that the move might happen? I didn’t see one. So at the moment it looks a non-story to me.

But even if it happens I can’t say it would bother me. He’s getting old and lacked pace in his prime so will surely be even slower now. Anyway, he wouldn’t be the first player to play for both clubs (by a long way) and I very much doubt he’d be the last. I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Don’t they have 2 decent forwards already. I don’t care. I think they also need a CB. Mustafi is available. What they really will need is a new manager. Isn’t Mourinho just sowing the seeds. ‘ I told them we needed a brilliant forward to cover and they wouldn’t buy one. It’s not my fault we are sliding down the table, playing negative football & the fans are revolting. How much is my payout from this job? I don’t understand why they want me to take cheese as a payment.’

Post #508240  Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:01 am 

A win at Palace will be great. With Arteta, I think this team can do it.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12703, 12704, 12705, 12706, 12707, 12708, 12709 ... 14269  Next