Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bubblechris, warrior and 103 guests

Post #486561  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:44 pm 

Nice run from Wilshere ... :21encouragement:

Post #486562  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:46 pm 

Jack assist for Kola. Having a good game and noticing how Iwobi is playing right midfield and covering Jack every time he goes forward.

Post #486563  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:47 pm 

Kola!!!!

Post #486564  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:48 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Earlier AW said Özil could be out for the rest of the season with back problems...............................

Ya. He is missing a backbone. :angel8:

Post #486565  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:54 pm 

Iwobi ! :angel8:

Post #486566  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:54 pm 

Iwobi !!!!!

Post #486567  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:57 pm 

dec wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Earlier AW said Özil could be out for the rest of the season with back problems...............................

Ya. He is missing a backbone. :angel8:

Post #486568  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:05 pm 

Aubameyang !!!!!

Post #486569  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:05 pm 

Aubameyang ! :1laughter:

Maybe Wenger would be willing to see out his contract ?

Post #486570  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:06 pm 

Nice touch ... Per coming on

Post #486571  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:33 pm 

Rich wrote:
So we are a club that is regularly in the top 8 richest clubs in the world, where do we go from here? £50m budget for the summer. When you add up our net spend on transfers alone in the last 10 years it is pitiful. I know we have a big wage bill but we also have the highest ticket prices in the world and oodles of sponsorship and tv money coming in.

Where on earth does all this money go? How can nothing teams with no Europe, less sponsorship, gate receipts and tv money regularly out spend us.

This squad is the consequence of years of mismanagement, poor spending and under investment. Can we all remember the summer when wenger decided Čech and Čech alone was all the squad needed.

We went for years all thinking we were 3 players away from really challenging. I’d double that now.

It is a disgrace what has been allowed to happen to our club

Comes back to the same thing I've (and not alone I hasten to add) been banging on about for years - Diamond Danny aside, not one of the previous board or the current lot are prepared to put a penny into the club in terms of spending money, and refuse to speculate to accumulate, despite that being the rule of almost any business, let alone something as competitive as elite level football.

Sure Wenger's magic has rubbed off, and his management lost its way, but he's not nearly as culpable as the see you next tuesday's who have been happy to make money out of the club without a hint of personal responsibility. We can all point to Arsene's tactical failings etc in an increasingly sophisticated field, but Spurs remain the only team with any hint of success in the EPL not to have outspent us by a big amount (everyone seems to forget liverpool's spending - although Coutinho's off-set that for this season). Sure Leicester proved this team is missing something fundamental, but the board really haven't backed the manager enough - and without their human shield, they had better get the next appointment right or the anger will be about the ownership, not the manager

Post #486572  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:38 pm 

Is that TG in a white t shirt?

With a tear in his eye no less :1laughter:

Post #486573  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
I see the London borough of Barnet that was expected to go Labour went Tory as the labour vote collapsed because 30% of the electorate there is Jewish.

Shalom!!

What the *%^@ are you doing Corbyn. Another dinosaur that needs to get lost quickly.

Before Brexit I'd have voted for Corbyn. He's no more anti=semitic than you or I and denying it repeatedly would not change the minds of the disbelievers. Labour are no more anti semitic than the Tories are. I dislike the influence the 'Jews' had on finance in the early days and still have. Does that make me a racist or anti semite?

A frenzied attack against Labour by the media has worked and Corbyn has effectively been sidelined.

The only good thing to come out of the local elections is the possibility that May could call an election which I believe would cement the Brexit vote. More regions voted for than against Brexit so the referendum vote could be carried far easier in a GE than another referendum.

Something has to happen to stop the incessant winging of the remoaners.

I'd suggest the rest of the UK dragging themselves into modern reality as opposed to some archaic world view based on realities that haven't existed for 70 years might help.

And the only reason 'Jews' had such an influence on finance is because they were banned from other professions for centuries, so getting good at finance or later the arts were the only options for success. Its a bit like moaning about the Scandinavians being good with boats...

I'm not one to read too much into things, but I can tell you that a significant number of people would suggest your statement was anit-semetic.

And much as I don't think Corbyn is the man, he's only REALLY been sidelined in the media, or in parts of the country that are either Tory by wealth or right wing by ignorance or disenfranchised by Labour's failure to adequately represent the regions.

To raise a serious question on the subject, why are you pro-Brexit?

Post #486574  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:41 pm 

Wenger couldn't have asked for a better final home game. Really good performance against an admittedly poor Burnley side.

For me this game served as an appetizer for next season. Really looking forward to see what these players can do under a new manager and with a couple of additions. There's a lot of talent in this squad.

Post #486575  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:49 pm 

Babu III wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

I really think it's hard to go to town on any specific player whilst Wenger is in charge. You could see a marked improvement under a different manager.

Indeed.
This squad has got quality and potential. A lot of both.

Definitely need a new goalie and sell Mustafi, but other than that I would be happy with that squad, and if it's all we've got, a £50 million CB, and something/one with the money we get for Mustafi.

A new Coach, the new ideas already coming from the backroom staff, and a Spring Cleaning for the whole Club and we will be ready to go next season.

P.S. I happen to rate Xhaka.

While quite a lot of your recent posts have been satisfyingly bonkers, I agree with all of this one.

Post #486576  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Wenger couldn't have asked for a better final home game. Really good performance against an admittedly poor Burnley side.

For me this game served as an appetizer for next season. Really looking forward to see what these players can do under a new manager and with a couple of additions. There's a lot of talent in this squad.

Last three games sum it all up.

Lose to United

Fail to win massive game and go out of Europe

Thrash lower team at home with some lovely football in utterly inconsequential game.

Vintage Wenger.

Post #486577  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:52 pm 

bubblechris wrote:

Babu you forgot the British in Cyprus, how very dare you lol. Should I hate them because they locked up and abused Cypriot Eoka fighters in the war of independence? Well sorry I don't, it's history and GB is being brought to book by people who were tortured during this period.

See the first series of the original BBC house of cards for how long this being brought to book has been going on for with rather limited progress. Usual UK govt policy of not doing anything until all the evil bastards responsible are dead

Post #486578  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:54 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Zed wrote:
Jason Cundy summed Özil up; an extremely talented but cowardly player.

Özil has always been sensitive. Arsenal supposedly analyzes a player's personality before buying them. His personality could easily have been sussed out.

Özil was never going to be a leader. I was a huge critic of him initially and he's convinced me over the years. He's improved in areas he hasn't. He's tougher. The English game forces you to. He's on the end of build ups more. Scoring more.

That said, in matches like this where he can't he doesn't want to meet the occasion that it calls for, sub him out. The problem with that is, he is so sensitive he might be on the phone to his agent wanting to leave.

We would have been better off selling Özil and taking back Cesc when he wanted out of Barca. Yes, we would have. And this time not try to build the team around Cesc but have him play the role that best suits the club. But that's water under London bridge.

I guess its up to the new manager on Özil's fate. We needed him to stay with Sanchez leaving. It would have been too big of a hit to morale if both left.

If we change our belief and have a squad that fights for a change, I think Özil will be okay. It will be difficult to be withdrawn as he does on occasion if everyone else around him is up for it.

Özil is very talented but needs talent around him to flourish. If we had him in the invincibles squad he'd look amazing.

Post #486579  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:54 pm 

Wenger has contributed massively to the club and needed to be honoured but I find the Merci Arsene T shirts and mini zeppelins etc a bit strange ; more akin to someone leaving on their own terms when in effect he's been sacked .

Good goals , fitting send off .

Post #486580  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:57 pm 

Fighting back the tears, good luck and merci Arsene.

Post #486581  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 pm 

Daz wrote:
Which is partly why I could never vote for any *%^@** who thought Iran, Cuba, Russia or Venezuela offered a desirable alternative naming no names.

Indeed. You look at what the poor bastards living in those countries have to go through, and it makes one very grateful for our own position of merely economic slavery in exchange for mostly freedom.

The problem is, sometimes you have to vote for someone with those ideas, because the alternative is immediately destroying some of the things that make our circumstances better than those living in the aforementioned countries. Its funny, the far left talk about wanting to be like those countries, which would make us all worse off, while the fairly far right are actually much more effective at making us all worse off...

Post #486582  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:03 pm 

Niall wrote:

:laughing7: :laughing7: off to the hardware store for a few gallons of paint ...?

Post #486583  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:14 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Sorry to hear the news about Alex Ferguson. Hope he gets well soon.

Aye - he looked in good spirits with Arsene last week too.

Post #486584  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:14 pm 

lomekian wrote:

First because of the disrespect shown to GB when they refused to give Cameron anything despite the fact that GB has been the second biggest contributor to the EU family since I think we joined.

Second because of the way they treated Greece and Cyprus. They took over the management of the Greek economy when they had a deficit of 120 billion euros and five years later it stood at 500 million euros. They allowed the haircut of Cypriot deposits to rectify a financial situation when they bore a lot of responsibility because the European Central Bank refused to censor the Cypriot Central Bank Director who they and only they could censor.

Third the obscene wages and expenses paid to the MPs and unelected EU Ministers etc etc.

Fourth the way they have refused to help Italy and Greece with the influx of refugees in their countries in particular while giving the Turks billions for allowing the refugees to cross Turkey to get to the greek mainland.

Fifth they have done nothing to help the less fortunate amongst us and the low paid whilst allowing the rich to get richer at their expense.

I could go on and on but what's the point. The fact is that a lot of people that voted remain know absolutely nothing about the machinations of the likes of Juncker Tusk Merkel and others and who think that by leaving the EU seem to think we are deserting Europe, nothing could be further from the truth.

Rule Britannia.................

Post #486585  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:16 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
If Özil mysteriously misses today's game like is being suggested and Martin Keown predicted it just underlines what Keown was saying. Whilst I think Keown was wrong Özil doesn't help himself, paying 350k a week for a player who only plays every other week and always seems to miss the trips up north to Burnley Newcastle etc is just crazy. If we had a different manager like Guardiola or Mourinho I'm pretty sure the reason for this happening would have come to light by now

In fairness, its clear that Özil has been playing injured when he has played in the last month, but the club doesn't want to disclose any more for whatever reason.

Post #486586  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm 

lomekian wrote:
Daz wrote:
Which is partly why I could never vote for any *%^@** who thought Iran, Cuba, Russia or Venezuela offered a desirable alternative naming no names.

Indeed. You look at what the poor bastards living in those countries have to go through, and it makes one very grateful for our own position of merely economic slavery in exchange for mostly freedom.

I'd say things wont be quite so rosy in say ten or fifteen years time .

Letting in a heap of Muslim immigrants when the RAF and the British army have been instrumental in killing their relatives and creating chaos in Iraq, Libya , Syria, Yemen doesn't seem the wisest thing to do .
I can't see anything but trouble on the horizon .

Post #486587  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm 

Aubameyang has finally shown what he can do with his speed. We have been waiting for another TH14 type player. We can now hope the new manager utilise his talent to its fullest.

Post #486588  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:30 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
dec wrote:
I certaimly have my suspicions about the integrity of referees. In the Chelsea v Liverpool game Milner flew in on Hazard and cleaned him out without getting near the ball. The most nailed-on yellow card you can get. Ref just has a word. No booking.

That's Antony Taylor for you and they number him as one of their best...................

Anyone who thinks Antony Taylor is one of our best refs is an idiot! He's not as bad as some but he's totally inconsistent, within games as well as between them. One of those guys obsessed with game management and protecting the product regardless what's going on. Michael Oliver may make the odd cock-up but he's a far far better ref than Taylor.

Post #486589  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:33 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Wenger has contributed massively to the club and needed to be honoured but I find the Merci Arsene T shirts and mini zeppelins etc a bit strange ; more akin to someone leaving on their own terms when in effect he's been sacked .

Good goals , fitting send off .

Everyone wants to keep the illusion. And ultimately, even if he was told which drawer the revolver was in, he still chose to find it and fire it...so everyone can have a nice happy fudge.

Burnley weren't at their best, but Aubameyang showed how much we missed him in Madrid and Iwobi had a point to prove for sure.

Post #486590  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:38 pm 

kiwipete wrote:
Niall wrote:

:laughing7: :laughing7: off to the hardware store for a few gallons of paint ...?

I'm an emotional old sod Kiwi underneath the manly exterior. :icon_smile11:

Without being melodramatic, Arsene Wenger has been in my life longer than my own father was. I've admired him for a long time and spent countless hours invested in his teams albeit from the mighty armchair. (I might have to replace that now)

Whilst I agree the time is right and I'm looking forward to a new chapter, I can't pretend the passing of this era isn't emotional on a human level.

Post #486591  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
lomekian wrote:

First because of the disrespect shown to GB when they refused to give Cameron anything despite the fact that GB has been the second biggest contributor to the EU family since I think we joined.

Second because of the way they treated Greece and Cyprus. They took over the management of the Greek economy when they had a deficit of 120 billion euros and five years later it stood at 500 million euros. They allowed the haircut of Cypriot deposits to rectify a financial situation when they bore a lot of responsibility because the European Central Bank refused to censor the Cypriot Central Bank Director who they and only they could censor.

Third the obscene wages and expenses paid to the MPs and unelected EU Ministers etc etc.

Fourth the way they have refused to help Italy and Greece with the influx of refugees in their countries in particular while giving the Turks billions for allowing the refugees to cross Turkey to get to the greek mainland.

Fifth they have done nothing to help the less fortunate amongst us and the low paid whilst allowing the rich to get richer at their expense.

I could go on and on but what's the point. The fact is that a lot of people that voted remain know absolutely nothing about the machinations of the likes of Juncker Tusk Merkel and others and who think that by leaving the EU seem to think we are deserting Europe, nothing could be further from the truth.

Just out of interest, would you accept the north of Ireland staying in the customs union in order to achieve a Brexit outside the customs union for England, Scotland and Wales?

Post #486592  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:44 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
lomekian wrote:

Ok 1) Cameron retained the power to opt in and opt out of all kinds of EU-laws (that most other members had no choice about) that he decided to piss up against the wall to try to settle an internal party dispute. If we ever return to the EU, we'll never have as much power again.
2) Agree the Greek and particularly Cypriot situation was handled really badly, but on the flip side the Greek government was handing out public funding left right and centre and accumulating debt in a way that even Jezza would be worried about, despite bleeding money and building up debt, despite multiple warnings. As ever, neither side has told this story truthfully.
3) Should I point you to UK MP's, the Lords, and the companies operate in PPP like manners over here, were those creaming off the most are not only unelected, but actively acting for personal profit.
4) They should certainly be doing more to help Greece & Italy, but Germany has taken on vast numbers. Sadly, a number of EU member states are still spectacularly racist.
5) Are you sure you aren't talking about the UK government? A lot of the laws that protect employees, consumers, and human rights for the poor are directly the result of EU legislation. This is the argument I have least truck with as a vote for Brexit is a vote to give more power to those who have been shafting the less well off the most. Taking power back is one thing, but doing so in order to give it to those who have relentless fecked us at every opportunity, are trying to privatise the NHS, have done nothing to alleviate the housing crisis, have slashed benefits for the most vulnerable but nothing to look at tax evasion (unlike the EU) etc etc is, to my mind, stupidity personified.

Rule Brittania? (i presume you are being sarcastic), but rule what exactly?

Post #486593  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 pm 

lomekian wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

That's Antony Taylor for you and they number him as one of their best...................

Anyone who thinks Antony Taylor is one of our best refs is an idiot! He's not as bad as some but he's totally inconsistent, within games as well as between them. One of those guys obsessed with game management and protecting the product regardless what's going on. Michael Oliver may make the odd cock-up but he's a far far better ref than Taylor.

Not one English ref is going to the world cup. That says it all about standards though I think Oliver is good myself.

Post #486594  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 pm 

lomekian wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Ok 1) Cameron retained the power to opt in and opt out of all kinds of EU-laws (that most other members had no choice about) that he decided to piss up against the wall to try to settle an internal party dispute. If we ever return to the EU, we'll never have as much power again.
2) Agree the Greek and particularly Cypriot situation was handled really badly, but on the flip side the Greek government was handing out public funding left right and centre and accumulating debt in a way that even Jezza would be worried about, despite bleeding money and building up debt, despite multiple warnings. As ever, neither side has told this story truthfully.
3) Should I point you to UK MP's, the Lords, and the companies operate in PPP like manners over here, were those creaming off the most are not only unelected, but actively acting for personal profit.
4) They should certainly be doing more to help Greece & Italy, but Germany has taken on vast numbers. Sadly, a number of EU member states are still spectacularly racist.
5) Are you sure you aren't talking about the UK government? A lot of the laws that protect employees, consumers, and human rights for the poor are directly the result of EU legislation. This is the argument I have least truck with as a vote for Brexit is a vote to give more power to those who have been shafting the less well off the most. Taking power back is one thing, but doing so in order to give it to those who have relentless fecked us at every opportunity, are trying to privatise the NHS, have done nothing to alleviate the housing crisis, have slashed benefits for the most vulnerable but nothing to look at tax evasion (unlike the EU) etc etc is, to my mind, stupidity personified.

That could only be a wind-up.

If Brexit is hard and a disaster, I anticipate the break up of the union within 20-30 years with the prospect of returning to the EU a further carrot for Scottish and Irish Nationalists (backed by Dublin). 45% of Scots are already in favour of independence and much in favour of staying in the EU. In the north, only a matter of time before there is a border poll with demographics pointing to a nationalist majority by 2022 which will only grow wider by 2040.

Post #486595  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:46 pm 

lomekian wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Would somebody be kind enough to pick up Bubblechris smoking corpse after this post. We cant have it ruining the whole place.

Post #486596  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:08 pm 

Niall wrote:
lomekian wrote:

Not one English ref is going to the world cup. That says it all about standards though I think Oliver is good myself.

Nothing to do with standards , clattenberg was on the fifa list but he jacked it in go to India , all countries have one ref each , we don’t have another one after him , hence no ref.

The various refs who work in the media now ( Poll, Halsey etc) have mentioned this more than once but the written media have their agenda and it makes a better story so they ignore it,

Post #486597  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:37 pm 

Niall wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Just out of interest, would you accept the north of Ireland staying in the customs union in order to achieve a Brexit outside the customs union for England, Scotland and Wales?

Absolutely not. The Governments proposals of cameras and other checks work in other places and could work here.

Anyway it's for the EU to sort out it is their problem.

Post #486598  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:43 pm 

Niall wrote:
lomekian wrote:

That could only be a wind-up.

If Brexit is hard and a disaster, I anticipate the break up of the union within 20-30 years with the prospect of returning to the EU a further carrot for Scottish and Irish Nationalists (backed by Dublin). 45% of Scots are already in favour of independence and much in favour of staying in the EU. In the north, only a matter of time before there is a border poll with demographics pointing to a nationalist majority by 2022 which will only grow wider by 2040.

The EU will break up before the Union does. The outbreaks of fascism are becoming par for the course and need to be eradicated. The only way to do this is to reform the EU.

Somebody tell TG that Europe needs us more than we need them. Apart from the loss of our contributions who will Germany sell their cars to ad the French their wine to?

Post #486599  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:49 pm 

Niall wrote:
I'm an emotional old sod Kiwi underneath the manly exterior. :icon_smile11:

Whilst I agree the time is right and I'm looking forward to a new chapter, I can't pretend the passing of this era isn't emotional on a human level.

:laughing7: How true Niall ... Melanie once PM'd me , said you were off your food for a week after James the little Red Engine crashed into a field on his first outing .

On Arsene I'm more pragmatic ... I laud what he has done in the past but don't have the admiration now as his Professor mantle has well and truly slipped , I wish him all the best but don't feel a lot of emotion either way .

I don't even feel a sense of excitement about the new bloke to be honest , strangely my sporting interests have changed radically .

70s 80s 90s I was passionate about rugby union , English soccer , tennis ...... now it is NZ one day/ T20 cricket , Aussie rugby league and V8 supercars

Post #486600  Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:50 pm 

lomekian wrote:

Do you know what the EU MP's get. Around 140 thousand euros a year and they get paid for a first class flight when they attend whether they flew with Ryanair or Easyjet however many times they attend.

I agree all expenses should be reviewed in light of the current economical situation not just EU expenses as it is you and me paying their absurd claims and they should and must be carefully examined regularly.

Rule Britannia, yes it was said in jest but we could return to the good old days when we do deals with the Commonwealth Nations and the US.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12162, 12163, 12164, 12165, 12166, 12167, 12168 ... 14269  Next