Fixtures Sunday April 28th - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 2:00 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 322 guests

Post #481281  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 pm 

I dunno but maybe...maybe...people on an Arsenal forum analyse Wenger more than Mourinho....

No it doesn't work; as you were.

Post #481282  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:27 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
Isn't that my point? For some reason words our guy utters get microscoped while most other managers also trot out rubbish.

Come on, as if Mourinho hasn't been absolutely torn to pieces on here over the years? I was actually defending Wenger, as I think his comment was a bit clumsy but not the intentional dig it has been interpreted as.

Sounded like a bit of a dig to me - but no problem with that, it was aimed at a Man U player.

Post #481283  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:29 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Come on, as if Mourinho hasn't been absolutely torn to pieces on here over the years? I was actually defending Wenger, as I think his comment was a bit clumsy but not the intentional dig it has been interpreted as.

Sounded like a bit of a dig to me - but no problem with that, it was aimed at a Man U player.

With a stupid face.

Post #481284  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm 

He should feel right at home in the same team as Phil Jones.

Post #481285  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:32 pm 

Just watched us beat Man U 3-1. From December 76. MacDonald, Brady and Stapleton with the goals. Great stuff. I wasn't at that game myself but I expect a few of you other old timers on here were.

Post #481286  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:34 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:

With a stupid face.

That's quite good looking for Manchester.

Post #481287  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:50 pm 

One thing though that really annoys me. After a defeat like Bournemouth they insist in dragging our chap out in front of the cameras and asking him impertinent questions. And then - unbelievably - certain supporters, rather than giving their loyalty to an The Arsenal man, join in the distasteful bullying of a public servant who has never asked for more than a couple of grey cashmere jumpers and a red Arsenal tie with comments like "blow me, he's talking some piffle here, Alf!" or even sometimes "what the *%^@ is that silly *%^@ even on about?".

Why not question the opposition manager instead for playing too defensively after taking the lead? Why not ask pertinent questions about which side of the Penines the ref was from? Why not focus on the role Mourinho played in it all?

A fly can't bird but a bird can fly.

Post #481288  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 pm 

Man U first prem game at Spurs.

Difficult not to want Spurs to win...........

Mourinho to park the bus would be fun?

Post #481289  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:43 pm 

Scousers are sh1%%&ng their pants.......

Post #481290  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 pm 

Liverpool drop points and lose 1-0 to Swansea who we play next Tuesday.

Still confident we can make fourth............

Next Tuesdays game could be a clincher.

Post #481291  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:59 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
Scousers are sh1%%&ng their pants.......

Lost away to Swansea. Liverpool needed a goal, a spark and the first player hauled off is Ox. This isn’t a dig at Ox more a dig at the overhyping from the media who have praised him to high heaven after one good performance, and sticking the boot in to us at the same time. We’ve seen good performances followed by mediocre for years.

Looks like a could be a race of who is least inconsistent in order to get 4th place

Post #481292  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:04 pm 

If we get Aubameyang we must be firm favourites.

Post #481293  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:30 pm 

Four and a half year deal for Sanchez. That's wages of close to £100m. Staggering.

Post #481294  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 pm 

bromley gooner wrote:
old man of hoy wrote:
To be fair, nor did he ever claim to be. He is just the epitome of the modern Premiership player - here for the money and loyalty to a club is a far distant secondary consideration. And who would blame him for that? He has watched his own team manager given *%^@ by certain supporters. So much for loyalty. Sanchez did nothing wrong in declining a new contract. He gave a good account of himself while here and was an important reason for our FA Cup wins and European qualifications.

:2laughter: I can just see Sanchez chatting to the dogs, 'I really want to stay at Arsenal guys, but these WOBs and the disrespect they show Senor Wenger, it's driving me away...'.

Or do you think he conversation might be ' I really wanted to stay at Arsenal but when the board reappointed Wenger I knew the club had no ambition and I was wasting my efforts. He lost the change room last year and he is a once great manager trying to relive his glory days. I have ambition I needed to move on.'

Post #481295  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:39 pm 

dec wrote:
Four and a half year deal for Sanchez. That's wages of close to £100m. Staggering.

It's a reckless piece of transfer business. He will never see out that contract and they will end up paying him off to get him off the books.

Can you see them wanting to pay an ageing declining 32 year old Sanchez half a million quid a week.

Post #481296  Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
dec wrote:

It's a reckless piece of transfer business. He will never see out that contract and they will end up paying him off to get him off the books.

Can you see them wanting to pay an ageing declining 32 year old Sanchez half a million quid a week.

So would that also be reckless business to buy a 29yo player named mh, who has never performed well in he EPL and indeed had only one good season in Germany and probably pay him a large wad of money. Given the last 2 cast off signings from Man U being Wellbeck and Silvestre have been failures, I am not sure I would be pointing fingers.

I am really disappointed in the club doing any business with Man U let alone selling them one of our best players.

Post #481297  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:03 am 

dec wrote:
For United it isn't that much.They have been buying glory since the sixties. If they win the Chaampions League and/or Premiership in Sanchez's time they will see it as great business. They've probably already sold a million shirts with his name on the back. To put it in perspective £100m is only a bit more than relegated clubs get as a parachute payment.

Post #481298  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:06 am 

bubblechris wrote:
Man U first prem game at Spurs.

Difficult not to want Spurs to win...........

Mourinho to park the bus would be fun?
Sanchez will do us a turn and score the winner. We need Spurs to lose.

Post #481299  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 am 

I see Mkhit as Walcott's replacement rather than Sanchez. Wenger should be able to get a dozen goals a season out of him.

Post #481300  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:36 am 

Goonie wrote:
I see Mkhit as Walcott's replacement rather than Sanchez. Wenger should be able to get a dozen goals a season out of him.

Don't forget folks, I added a few shortcuts :

Typing the letters ' a u b ' together will give : Aubameyang

Typing the letters ' m k ' together will get you : Mkhitaryan

Post #481301  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 am 

I've only watched one NFL game all season and that was to see my Philadelphia Eagles beat the Minnesota Vikings to go to the Super Bowl. They probably won't win. They are playing the 'Real Madrid' of the league but hopefully we will get our first Super Bowl. I'd have given anything for a Super Bowl win as a kid. Now its the same for Arsenal and the CL. I'd give anything for us to win the CL.

Perhaps Andy Green is the only one who cares about the Eagles..lol..or perhaps not.

I think we will see Stan's LA Rams in the Super Bowl at some point in the nexst 5 years or so. Just my guess. The league wants the LA market to blossom and its Stan's mission to get them there.

Our new boy didn't seem too happy to join us. Understandably. Juxtapose that with Walcott and he was all smiles. Assume the same for Sanchez. Lord I hope Sanchez fails miserably. I want Walcott to do well but Everton to sink. Yes, my fat Sam hatred is still alive. If he was on this forum, I'd block him. :1laughter:
There is no question whatsoever he hates Wenger and by extension The Arsenal. Not that the Walcott deal wasn't good money. It was decent money but I just didn't like fat Sam benefiting. Crash and burn Sam.

I don't think top 4 is out of the realm of possibility. Without Sanchez it seems unlikely. With Özil mind thinking of exiting this year and not wanting to be injured for the summer, it may seem unlikely. But you never know. We often play well when not expected to.

The sale of Sanchez to Man Utd matters. The point difference this season doesn't matter. Its also about next season as well.

Post #481302  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:54 am 

Alexis, good luck to you. You gave your best to the team until it was not worth it.

You had a manager who made empty promises about bringing in real top class talent. You had a manager who gives very weak attempts at signing top players. You had teammates who were not pulling their weight. You had teammates who, as favoured individuals, could not be bothered to give as much as you. You had Captains who inspire less than you feel they should, and in fact, don't inspire at all. You tried, but when you had enough, everybody forgot that you were the most influential player for a long time.

Post #481303  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:59 am 

I don't think 'Mkhitaryan' prefers to be at Arsenal than at MU. But he had a manager who was unwilling to field him. The Arsenal today isn't the choice of many players. Wenger has demonstrated how he made players worse after they joined. Lacazette is the latest victim.

Post #481304  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:17 am 

'Aubameyang' will be a great addition if we can get him in

Although I've been bashing Wenger left and right, I hope he finally find a properly balanced team, and make Arsenal exciting to watch again. The first 20 or so minutes against Palace is the type of Arsenal play we have been missing. Sadly, the team started to ease off, and fell back to their casual self. And in the process, gave away a goal. It is this casualness that must be coached or forced out of the team. We must have a truly inspiring Captain on the pitch to wake the players up, or a manager who drops players who coast. Come on Wenger, be more purposeful!

Post #481305  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:31 am 

gooner7 wrote:
Alexis, good luck to you. You gave your best to the team until it was not worth it.

You had a manager who made empty promises about bringing in real top class talent. You had a manager who gives very weak attempts at signing top players. You had teammates who were not pulling their weight. You had teammates who, as favoured individuals, could not be bothered to give as much as you. You had Captains who inspire less than you feel they should, and in fact, don't inspire at all. You tried, but when you had enough, everybody forgot that you were the most influential player for a long time.

hear hear :emoticon_mClapp:

Post #481306  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:42 am 

warrior wrote:
Goonie wrote:

In relation to Aubameyang I understand from one media source that we have offered them 10mil less than asking price but will increase our offer but they want to obtain a replacement first.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... talks.html

Post #481307  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:53 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
indeed had only one good season in Germany.

This is not true. Why do you talk about a player you've clearly not watched?

Welbeck being a failure is another silly idea. Good squad player and was probably never meant as anything more.

Are you just trying to top everyone else now that the mood is generally negative here?

Post #481308  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:53 am 

gooner7 wrote:

If he had any respect for the club he'd leave the country. Spain, PSG, Bayern, Juve, he couild be at a big club overseas and win things. Henry and Fabregas at least had enough respect not to go to a direct rival after they left. Fabregas at least tried to come back as well.

Post #481309  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:56 am 

gooner7 wrote:
I don't think 'Mkhitaryan' prefers to be at Arsenal than at MU. But he had a manager who was unwilling to field him. The Arsenal today isn't the choice of many players. Wenger has demonstrated how he made players worse after they joined. Lacazette is the latest victim.

My guess is Mkhitaryan is going to play well so he can go somewhere else soon thereafter. Arsenal is now a stepping stone club , not a final destination for great players.

Post #481310  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:10 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
Henry and Fabregas at least had enough respect not to go to a direct rival after they left. Fabregas at least tried to come back as well.

Yes, Fabregas forcing a move and refusing to play while under contract really showed how much he respects the club.

Post #481311  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:25 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
They have been buying glory since the sixties.

Not especially and there was little by way of glory in the 70s and 80s.

Yes they made some big signings but the key to their most sustained period of success was a manager who knew how to develop and nurture youth, pick up excellent bargains, and build and motivate teams with a combination of flair and utility. One of the most interesting things about Ferguson as a manager was his understanding of the importance of unglamorous players like the Nevilles in teams that contained players like Giggs and Cantona.

Post #481312  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:31 am 

Compare and contrast to our own manager (I know I know, it is SO unfair to pick over and "deconstruct" what he says to the newspapers but a cat can look at a king sometimes) and the analytical brilliance of: "I just play the good players they can always play together".

Post #481313  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:32 am 

gooner7 wrote:

From now on, whenever someone says the world’s smallest violin is playing they will be wrong, because the smallest violin in the world by far will forever be playing for the guy who just signed a £100m contract, after his terrible ordeal at Arsenal where he was paid close to £200k a week to kick a football around.

Post #481314  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I want Walcott to do well but Everton to sink. Yes, my fat Sam hatred is still alive. If he was on this forum, I'd block him. :1laughter:
There is no question whatsoever he hates Wenger and by extension The Arsenal. Not that the Walcott deal wasn't good money. It was decent money but I just didn't like fat Sam benefiting. Crash and burn Sam.

So you think anyone who hates Wenger hates Arsenal. You must feel loads of Arsenal fans hate the club they support then. Because hearing what many of our fans say and what many write about Wenger, I'd suggest a large number could reasonably be defined as hating Wenger.

Also, if you didn't block so many people you might have spotted a post detailing what Allardyce said of his relationship with Wenger. It didn't sound like hatred at all to me.

Post #481315  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:51 am 

Hazuki wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
indeed had only one good season in Germany.

This is not true. Why do you talk about a player you've clearly not watched?

Welbeck being a failure is another silly idea. Good squad player and was probably never meant as anything more.

Are you just trying to top everyone else now that the mood is generally negative here?

Actually in relation to Mkhitaryan an article I read recently said that Klopp could not get anything out of him but it was the next manager who got him playing well and his figures bear that out.

As for Wellbeck - joined us on 1/9/14 and managed only 68 league appearances for 13 goals. Spends a lot of time injured. This season he started in the losses to Liverpool, Stoke, Watford, Bournemouth, Notts Forest, Cologne. He came on as sub in the loss to Man U. Scores overall at .21 goals per game in his EPL career. Remember he has played at CF for us on some occasions. I have heard people say he is good for the team. 18 assists in his whole EPL career.

Overall EPL stats
Premier League Record

Appearances 186
Goals 39
Assists 18

Post #481316  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:55 am 

warrior wrote:
Goonie wrote:

That'll help kiwi a lot Rog; he can't even spell 'Ramsay' properly. :icon_smile11:

Post #481317  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 am 

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sanchez- ... a8f42cw5ov

What an *rse!

Post #481318  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:02 am 

john1 wrote:
warrior wrote:

That'll help kiwi a lot Rog; he can't even spell 'Ramsay' properly. :icon_smile11:

Enjoying the longcut that replaces "evidence-ignoring, semi-whimsical apologia for gibberish-spouting manager trading on past glories - based largely on selective evidence, special pleading, faux-nostalgia and rank conjecture" with the letter Z

Post #481319  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 am 

john1 wrote:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sanchez-on-united-move-i-needed-to-feel-loved/s7p88srhs32n12ka8f42cw5ov

What an *rse!

The truth hurts. Most of what he said is the truth.

Post #481320  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Actually in relation to Mkhitaryan an article I read recently said that Klopp could not get anything out of him but it was the next manager who got him playing well and his figures bear that out.

His first season in Bundesliga he had 9 goals and 10 assists as an attacking midfielder. Would not describe that as not getting anything out of him. It was an excellent debut season. Second season he struggled (as did Sanchez for Arsenal, by the way), and had a couple of injuries. Third season he was widely recognized as one of the best players in the league. Overall his spell att Dortmund was seen as a big success.

I have my reservations about how successful he'll be at Arsenal, but let's not pretend there's not a fantastic basic talent there.

As for Welbeck, no need to cite his scoring record – never called him a goalscorer because he’s not. I called him a good squad player. Works hard, creates space for teammates and can chip with the odd goal here and there. He’s also versatile and can play in a couple of different positions. You don’t need to look further than the FA Cup final that saw us dominate Chelsea to see what he brings to the table. He didn’t score in that match, but was one of our best players anyway.

[ 571982 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12030, 12031, 12032, 12033, 12034, 12035, 12036 ... 14300  Next