Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 161 guests

Post #486841  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:40 pm 

Pretty terrible first half from us, but a nice goal none the less. Aubameyang is a pure scorer.

Post #486842  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:43 pm 

Cannot wait for a full season of Aubameyang. Because he can’t play in Europe and our 6th place has been sealed since he signed AND with wenger leaving, the start Aubameyang has made to his arsenalcareer has possibly been a bit overlooked by the media.

Was the last arsenal striker to start this well Ian Wright?

Aubameyang this season for Dortmund and arsenal combined is contributing exactly 1 goal/assist per game. Better rate than Harry Kane

Post #486843  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:57 pm 

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Mkiky and Ramsey are a great quartet svoring attack if exploited correctly. Özil should be having a field day feeding those guys.

All we need is a commanding defensive center mid and a backline. A keeper too..our issues are defense and belief primarily. Sort those two issues out and we are very competitive.

Post #486844  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:46 pm 

Half a crossbar away from missing our first away point this year.

A record we want to forget..................

Post #486845  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:57 pm 

Finally an away league win this year...

I'm positive things will get better next season. Up The Arsenal!

Post #486846  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:43 pm 

Niall wrote:
Pete on the beach wrote:

It’s ok TG niall’s had it in for me since 2011 when I suggested we got “ in Arsene we rust “ t shirts made up :laughing7:

Actually that proved to be largely prophetic as it turned out

Ah Pete I haven't got it in for you at all, I just don't agree with some of your opinions and didn't like the crassness of your recent post. Annoyed me a bit. Obviously I have more respect for AW than some others as Kiwipete pointed out but I am glad it's over now too.

Tongue in cheek ,

Anyway a peaceful new world awaits us all , we hope

Post #486847  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:48 pm 

Pete on the beach wrote:
Niall wrote:
Ah Pete I haven't got it in for you at all, I just don't agree with some of your opinions and didn't like the crassness of your recent post. Annoyed me a bit. Obviously I have more respect for AW than some others as Kiwipete pointed out but I am glad it's over now too.

Tongue in cheek ,

Anyway a peaceful new world awaits us all , we hope

Enjoy the fizz Pete you did well son

Post #486848  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:00 pm 

Adieu Arsene on Sky now.

Post #486849  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:00 pm 

Arsenal have announced they plan to commemorate Arsene Wengers final season at the club with the production of a bronze bust sculpted on Wenger's flacid penis. Not contrary to any other over the top celebrations provided so far the club believe the bust will give a remarkable insight to the football professors physique.

The location of the planned bust will be in the Diamond Club entrance at Emirates Stadium, and a replica is planned to be presented to Wengers former team Monaco to commemorate their centennial and cross channel relationship between both clubs.

Designed and created by MDM, the bust has been cast in bronze and is life-size. Having taken roughly 625 hours to create and weighing in at approximately 100kg , the figure is planned to be painstakingly lifted into place by July 7, 2018 ahead of the start of the new season.

Post #486850  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:25 pm 

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/swansea ... relegation

If the club is not named, one could think they are reading about Arsenal. Scary parallels there.

Post #486851  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:33 pm 

gooner7 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/3495435/swansea-tried-to-stand-still-but-went-backwards-to-premier-league-relegation

If the club is not named, one could think they are reading about Arsenal. Scary parallels there.

Kaplan said in a recent interview with the Financial Times that he and Levien bought Swansea essentially to milk the proceeds of the Premier League's TV rights deals.

"If we did nothing but stay in the Premier League," Kaplan said, "the value of Swansea City would go up because the worldwide rights to Premier League football... is going to grow at a very substantial compound growth rate over the next 20 years."

Exactly what Silent Stan would say (if he spoke).

Post #486852  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:47 pm 

Interesting Pep quotes on Arteta. Asked about the possibility of MA becoming our new manager he said “I always want the best for my friends and he is my friend”.

This one is gathering steam.

Post #486853  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:57 pm 

I'd still love to know what exactly about Arteta makes him qualified?

Post #486854  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:02 pm 

Darren wrote:
Interesting Pep quotes on Arteta. Asked about the possibility of MA becoming our new manager he said “I always want the best for my friends and he is my friend”.

A lot could be read into that.

Gary Neville has jumped the gun here but if we end up appointing Arteta I would venture to suggest he's possibly right. Think of all the managers available over the last few years to only choose Arteta (btw a few itk types were suggesting that his relationship with the players is far from the great one portrayed ) would be fundamentally disappointing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true

Post #486855  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:09 pm 

Have to agree with DT on the Arteta appointment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z_GAzamEEFw

Post #486856  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:14 pm 

Whats he done ?

Apart from being a complete attention seeker.

Post #486857  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:15 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

Gary Neville has jumped the gun here but if we end up appointing Arteta I would venture to suggest he's possibly right. Think of all the managers available over the last few years to only choose Arteta (btw a few itk types were suggesting that his relationship with the players is far from the great one portrayed ) would be fundamentally disappointing

No one knows what’s really going on. I think we are or have spoken to a few people already. Whoever it is, I’ll get behind and wish them well. Im surprisingly relaxed about it all.

Post #486858  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:23 pm 

Blimey what for ?

Post #486859  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:26 pm 

Removed

Post #486860  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:39 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Dennis Nilsen, the famous serial killer, died yesterday. Coincidentally there was a documentary on him yesterday, pre-planned so not shown because of his death.

Good news when any serial killer goes. I know nothing about his crimes and don't intend to do research on him, but I hope he suffered at the end. The older I get the more I favour the death penalty.

Just to give you a brief run down, Dennis Nilsen was born in Scotland but committed his fifteen murders (two more than the Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe) in London. He started murdering in the road Darren mentioned, Melrose Avenue in Cricklewood. He was gay and had a live-in boyfriend but was rather difficult to live with, which eventually made the boyfriend think 'f"ck this for a game of soldiers, I'm off'.

Nilsen took this boyfriend leaving him very hard and when he brought another guy back to Melrose Avenue, decided to kill him so that he couldn't leave. This was his basic modus operandi, bringing gay chaps back for what they thought was going to be sex and drinking (Nilsen liked the booze), but killing them instead. Until the smell of the dead bodies got intolerable, he actually lived as a couple with the corpses, telling them things like what kind of day he'd had at work (he was a civil servant). He had a garden at Melrose Avenue and burnt the bodies in bonfires.

His problem came when he moved to a flat in Cranleigh Gardens, Muswell Hill. There he didn't have a garden so couldn't burn the bodies. But he continued murdering one night stands. So he chopped his victims up (using skills he'd learnt when previously a chef in the army) and flushed body parts down the loo. This blocked the toilets of other flats in the block. So a plumber was called out and he thought what was blocking the toilets looked rather suspicious and called the police.

This led to Nilsen's arrest and the rest is history. He originally (in 1983) got a 25 year minimum sentence but in 1994 this was extended to a whole life tariff, meaning he'd die in jail, which happened yesterday. Here's a quick quiz on whole life tariffs. Guessing is allowed but please no googling for the answers. In the UK only three females have received whole life tariffs. Who are they?

Post #486861  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:48 pm 

I'd say Myra Hindley, Rosemary West and Katrina (of the waves) for that bloody awful Walking On Sunshine Song.

Post #486862  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:51 pm 

dec wrote:
I'd say Myra Hindley, Rosemary West and Katrina (of the waves) for that bloody awful Walking On Sunshine Song.

Two out of three.

Post #486863  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:07 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

Arteta would be a very weak appointment not the 'bold' move that IG suggested, though of course he will try to spin it as that, what else can he do?.

The problem if it is Arteta is that he wont get any time to rebuild before the fans start getting restless again unless he hits the ground running and we're challenging from next season, although it will probably be more directed towards Kroenke and his cohorts but still it will be reflected somewhat upon the manager, a higher profile appointment, such as Allegri, will likely be given more time to work on the rebuild, if I was Arteta I would be thinking very carefully before getting carried away with this opportunity, if there is one, which I hope there is not!.

If we can't get Allegri then get Ancelotti and groom Vieira to be the long term replacement, Arteta is just a feeble effort (no offence Mikel!).

Post #486864  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:49 pm 

Aubameyang is the quickest ever player to 10 prem goals. He’s got them in only 13 games.

Post #486865  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 pm 

Juve clinch the Italian title. So we can properly go for Allegri now.

Also Barca lose in the penultimate game as they go for an invincible season. They lost 5-4 away to levante. It’s even better when so many great teams get close but don’t get the unbeaten season.

Post #486866  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:27 pm 

Parkerknoll Gooner wrote:

Yep, I too felt a little disappointed when we didn't win 22 titles on the spin.

:laughing7: rather a puerile response

Post #486867  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:02 pm 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
If we can't get Allegri then get Ancelotti and groom Vieira to be the long term replacement, Arteta is just a feeble effort (no offence Mikel!).

Sorry, but if the fans get restless with Arteta because they wanted someone like Ancelotti then it's not the clubs fault. It's clearly just about name recognition with a lot of fans, and I for one would be happy if that sentiment wasn't shared by the club.

Post #486868  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:09 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:

Sorry, but if the fans get restless with Arteta because they wanted someone like Ancelotti then it's not the clubs fault. It's clearly just about name recognition with a lot of fans, and I for one would be happy if that sentiment wasn't shared by the club.

It's not about name recognition at all. Arteta has zero management experience and that's specifically what is concerning people, even Henry has more coaching experience than Arteta. It's not about getting a name.

Post #486869  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:24 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
It's not about getting a name.

It is when Ancelotti is being touted. What has he done in the last decade that says he'd be a good fit?

With Arteta you could at least say it's unknown with the dream scenario being something like when Wenger arrived. With Ancelotti you know it's 2-3 years max, and we'd probably not be much fun to watch.

Post #486870  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:39 pm 

Hazuki wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
It's not about getting a name.

It is when Ancelotti is being touted. What has he done in the last decade that says he'd be a good fit?

He won the title with Chelsea in his first season and won the cha,pions league with Madrid.

I agree it would be a shorter term appointment in all probability but surely a better option

Post #486871  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:36 pm 

Thanks to Warrior & all the other moderators for another season.

Thank you to Judith & the family for allowing this forum to continue in Steve’s name.

Post #486872  Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:55 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Hazuki wrote:

He won the title with Chelsea in his first season and won the cha,pions league with Madrid.

I agree it would be a shorter term appointment in all probability but surely a better option

It also would pile the pressure on Arteta, the fans would be on the whole, in a negative frame of mind from day one, no one buys the 'bold' spin, it is a weak, easy, cheap option and everyone knows it, if we don't do well next season the banners will be out and the empty seats will be back in double time.

The club is gambling rather than showing any intent or ambition to be successful, that is what appointing Arteta says.

Post #486873  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:22 am 

Another dreadful performance today. thank gawd the day has come when we can say goodbye to this boring and unproductive style of play. We watched Huddersfield running around with a real sense of urgency in the first half hour while the Arse could do little more than stroll around giving the ball away on the rare occasions they actually found themselves in possession - for more than a few moments. Thankfully, the home team started to run out of steam and we grabbed a goal against the run of play.
I lost count of how many times we passed back to Ospina or passed the ball across our penalty area instead of clearing it.
Babu's story about getting drunk and losing his girlfriend was 10 times more interesting than the game, not to mention the news that Dennis Nilsen had died. During his time in Melrose Avenue I was living just a few streets away - I even went to view the house, just to stand and gawk like a tourist. Hard to believe that something as bad as that could be going on just so close to home, so's to speak!
I welcome any new manager to will come and refresh and rebuild the team and its playing style - as long as its not that ex scouse git Brendan Rogers!

Post #486874  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:07 am 

Zed wrote:
Darren wrote:
I think it was some kind of assault.

Well, no, Darren. DT had an op for Chron's disease 4 weeks ago. DT participating in that London Walk/Run for Chron's disease research in Sept. Not a fun disease to have as it can be quite debilitating. Know someone still struggling with it even after an op over 2 years ago. Sorry for the pic....but since a few asked.

First a graphic rundown of Dennis Nilson's crimes, now this... The AKB was right - the post Wenger era would be a horror story.

Post #486875  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
Darren wrote:

Some brilliant analysis from Neville here, "with Enrique they found out he wanted too much money. They found out after they approached him? They must have known." WTF?? They're supposed to know without actually consulting him how much he wants? Well, Enrique might be a fit but let's not even bother contacting his people because @tosser on Twitter says he wants a 20 million salary and a quarter billion for transfers... Yes indeed, that sounds about the right way to get the best man for the job. Neville is a f****** windbag.

Post #486876  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:27 am 

bubblechris wrote:
I wonder what Steve Bould is thinking?

"Now I can work on the defence"

Or

"Time to update the CV"

Post #486877  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:37 am 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Arteta would be a very weak appointment not the 'bold' move that IG suggested,

I've been giving this a fair bit of thought ......two or three minutes

Okay ...you're right Wilts .....we dont want Arteta ... [1 ] assistant coach at the richest club in the world there is no way to gauge his talents [2] he is too recent- a - departure ...... too close to Wenger .
We need a hurricane to pass through the marble halls and sweep any vestiges of Arsene's tippy tappy , lack of shots legacy somewhere over near the Sargasso Sea .

Same in a way goes for Allegri , Ancelotti , they've made their name at big priviledged clubs .
We need someone who has transformed the fortunes of a club , plays adventurous football never mind if it is lower leagues

I'd favour Vieira , he must understand the need for a decent lump in midfield to control things , and the need to attack at speed .
he's fully conversant with the blueprint for success which Arsene has forgotten .

If the new guys plus the young Kroenke hold sway Patrick will be the man .

Post #486878  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:39 am 

grantyboy wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
I wonder what Steve Bould is thinking?

"Now I can work on the defence"

Or

"Time to update the CV"

Update the CV .... If he's had any input into our defence he is a disaster if he hasn't he's a YES man

...either way Adios . New brooms .

Post #486879  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:59 am 

Allegri ruling himself out. Can't blame him. The old lady is a grand place to manage.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-12532607

Post #486880  Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:06 am 

Call me bias but putting this season's City on par with the Invincibles is a bit too much. What makes it even more incredulous is that the media conveniently ignores the how they got their money and theamount of money City (as well as Chelsea) have.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ibles.html

The first team to reach 100 points; the highest win percentage in history (84.2 per cent); the biggest title-winning margin (19 points clear of Manchester United); the most prolific goal-scorers since the early Sixties (106).

City couldn't quite overtake the points-per-game total of the Preston North End 'Invincibles' in 1888-89 — if adjusted to the era of three points for a win — recording 2.63 points per game, compared to Preston's 2.64.

[ 570735 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12169, 12170, 12171, 12172, 12173, 12174, 12175 ... 14269  Next