Fixtures Saturday August 13th - Leicester City - Emirates Stadium - 3:00 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:32 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Gaz from Oz, warrior and 14 guests

 
Post #550081  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

The prem has introduced multi-ball this season. There are 10 balls in total around the pitch which should speed up restarts. Utterly baffling why this hasn’t been in effect before.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550082  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Forest bid £35m for Wolves’ Morgan Gibbs-White. Wolves rejected it. That’s crazy all round. We got 4 time prem winner Jesus for only £10m more. Liverpool got Diaz for that price.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550083  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Is it too simplistic to say Zinchenko is the attacking left back and Tierney is the defensive left back?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550084  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 3799

AmericanGooner wrote:
Saliba's performance makes the decision to send him out on loan even more perplexing. Either he went on loan and gained the requisite skills to be good enough or it was already there and some non footbaling reason sent him off.

It actually justifies it - to get to the level he has reached, needed him to play regularly in competitive matches; he wouldn’t have got to do that without these loans

_________________
Helping find future Arsenal legends


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550085  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Outside of the other top 6 clubs I think Palace away could be the toughest away game. West Ham are a good side but Palace generate a different atmosphere - heightened by the night game and being on the focus of tv. I hate these sorts of games for Arsenal so hugely pleased with that win.

Leicester home
Bournemouth away
Fulham home
Villa home

Not getting ahead of ourselves but we should be clear favourites to win all those games. 5 wins out of 5 please Arsenal


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550086  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 25096

HoddGooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Saliba's performance makes the decision to send him out on loan even more perplexing. Either he went on loan and gained the requisite skills to be good enough or it was already there and some non footbaling reason sent him off.

It actually justifies it - to get to the level he has reached, needed him to play regularly in competitive matches; he wouldn’t have got to do that without these loans

:53big-emoticons:

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550087  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 10850

Rich wrote:
Outside of the other top 6 clubs I think Palace away could be the toughest away game. West Ham are a good side but Palace generate a different atmosphere - heightened by the night game and being on the focus of tv.

Must admit I’ve been to Palace countless times over the years and I think their supporters are one of the fan bases who don’t deserve the reputation they have for creating hostile atmospheres. All these commentators and pundits who make out they’re so noisy are talking out their backside in my view.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550088  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 10850

Rich wrote:
White made the most tackles and won the most duels of everyone on the pitch yesterday. It was probably inevitable that Zaha would beat him a few times as he will every full back in the league but I think White dealt with him pretty well all things considered. Zaha has been a thorn in our side too many times before.

Came across these player ratings for last night’s game. Apart from Saliba and Ramsdale who got 8, Ødegaard who got 6 and White who got 5, everyone got a 7. Some of White’s passing out from the back was a bit sloppy, but overall I see 5 as a bit harsh and thought he deserved the same as Ødegaard.

http://stevegleiber.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=10&t=6&sid=31b5e23d7c1c495388d0e65e03448597


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550089  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 32013

HoddGooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Saliba's performance makes the decision to send him out on loan even more perplexing. Either he went on loan and gained the requisite skills to be good enough or it was already there and some non footbaling reason sent him off.

It actually justifies it - to get to the level he has reached, needed him to play regularly in competitive matches; he wouldn’t have got to do that without these loans

Hodd! It's been a minute. How are things?

Saliba was that bad when we bought him? He seemed vetted and seemed to be bought for the first team, possible starter not for the future, but maybe he wasn't close to the finished article.

Anyway, what's new?

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550090  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 32013

Rich wrote:
The prem has introduced multi-ball this season. There are 10 balls in total around the pitch which should speed up restarts. Utterly baffling why this hasn’t been in effect before.


Agreed. Waiting for the ball to be returned from the stands at times seemed..well...let's just say it didn't seem like it should be part of modern football. American football and basketball have many balls at the waiting.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550091  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 32013

Rich wrote:
Outside of the other top 6 clubs I think Palace away could be the toughest away game. West Ham are a good side but Palace generate a different atmosphere - heightened by the night game and being on the focus of tv. I hate these sorts of games for Arsenal so hugely pleased with that win.

Leicester home
Bournemouth away
Fulham home
Villa home

Not getting ahead of ourselves but we should be clear favourites to win all those games. 5 wins out of 5 please Arsenal


Rich. You and I both know if we win 5 games on the trot, Arsenal fans will get way ahead of themselves and start talking title challenging. Then the first misstep start showing banners saying Arteta out.

I assume its like that with all football fans but there never seems to be any even keel, its over optimistic or over pessimistic.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550092  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 32013

C'mon Fulham, hang on so its one down, 1 to go (City) on getting a loss. My annual paranoia is in full effect.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550093  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

AmericanGooner wrote:
Rich wrote:
Outside of the other top 6 clubs I think Palace away could be the toughest away game. West Ham are a good side but Palace generate a different atmosphere - heightened by the night game and being on the focus of tv. I hate these sorts of games for Arsenal so hugely pleased with that win.

Leicester home
Bournemouth away
Fulham home
Villa home

Not getting ahead of ourselves but we should be clear favourites to win all those games. 5 wins out of 5 please Arsenal


Rich. You and I both know if we win 5 games on the trot, Arsenal fans will get way ahead of themselves and start talking title challenging. Then the first misstep start showing banners saying Arteta out.

I assume its like that with all football fans but there never seems to be any even keel, its over optimistic or over pessimistic.

I’m quite happy if some Arsenal fans get way ahead of themselves because it means we’re winning games


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550094  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 14631

HoddGooner wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Saliba's performance makes the decision to send him out on loan even more perplexing. Either he went on loan and gained the requisite skills to be good enough or it was already there and some non footbaling reason sent him off.

It actually justifies it - to get to the level he has reached, needed him to play regularly in competitive matches; he wouldn’t have got to do that without these loans

In short, the opposite of perplexing, let alone 'even more perplexing'.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550095  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

With Leicester up at the weekend, the middle of this week would be a good time to put in a cheeky bid for Tielemans, a bit underhand maybe.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550096  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 10850

Rich wrote:
The prem has introduced multi-ball this season. There are 10 balls in total around the pitch which should speed up restarts. Utterly baffling why this hasn’t been in effect before.

But they had multiple balls for use in the same game before. Maybe not ten, but it was common for a different ball to be thrown back that wasn’t the same one that had gone out.

I think the link is from 2017.

https://answer-to-all.com/popular/how-m ... gue-match/


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550097  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 15986
Location: Stockholm

Fulham causing Liverpool all sorts of problems so far


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550098  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 14631

Hazuki wrote:
Fulham causing Liverpool all sorts of problems so far

And they equalise.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550099  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 10850

Decaf wrote:
Hazuki wrote:
Fulham causing Liverpool all sorts of problems so far

And they equalise.

Fulham go 2-1 up.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550100  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 10850

Bernard wrote:
Decaf wrote:
And they equalise.

Fulham go 2-1 up.

2-2 now. If it stays like this, we’ve got a bit more of American’s double obsession about City and Liverpool not losing to come.

EDIT: A 2-2 draw. Pleased for Fulham. Good point and even though my Fulham supporting cousin passed away recently, I hope they stay up.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550101  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 15986
Location: Stockholm

Southampton 1-0 up against Tottenham


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550102  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Posts: 15986
Location: Stockholm

Tottenham 2-1 up now. It was fun while it lasted


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550103  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Headline from the morning game:

Nunez inspires Liverpool comeback!

How about:
Liverpool stumble in opener as Fulham unfortunate not to win.

Let’s be clear that’s a huge surprise that Liverpool didn’t just steamroller Fulham, and considering the points totals to win the titles have been mid to high 90’s in recent years that is already 2 huge points dropped for Liverpool. Why are the headlines making out Liverpool have done brilliantly well to salvage a draw?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550104  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Tomiyasu and Marquinhos played for the U22 v Man U today. Won 3-1, goal and assist for Marquinhos


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550105  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

BBC headline. It really is strange because there is no way we’d get such a positive headline. I’m not sure our headlines yesterday were as positive as this and we won a difficult away game.

Not that it matters, but it is irritating and there appears to be little reason for it but I’d say that Liverpool and Spurs get hugely preferential media treatment. City and Chelsea maybe neutral and they’ll jump on any chance to kick Arsenal and Man U


Attachments:

 Profile  
 
 
Post #550106  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 14631

Rich wrote:
BBC headline. It really is strange because there is no way we’d get such a positive headline. I’m not sure our headlines yesterday were as positive as this and we won a difficult away game.

Not that it matters, but it is irritating and there appears to be little reason for it but I’d say that Liverpool and Spurs get hugely preferential media treatment. City and Chelsea maybe neutral and they’ll jump on any chance to kick Arsenal and Man U

I'm struggling to see why that headline is biased. In fact, it an apt summary of what happened.

The BBC headline for the Arsenal match "Saliba shines as Arsenal start season in style" also seems pretty spot on.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550107  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Decaf wrote:
Rich wrote:
BBC headline. It really is strange because there is no way we’d get such a positive headline. I’m not sure our headlines yesterday were as positive as this and we won a difficult away game.

Not that it matters, but it is irritating and there appears to be little reason for it but I’d say that Liverpool and Spurs get hugely preferential media treatment. City and Chelsea maybe neutral and they’ll jump on any chance to kick Arsenal and Man U

I'm struggling to see why that headline is biased. In fact, it an apt summary of what happened.

The BBC headline for the Arsenal match "Saliba shines as Arsenal start season in style" also seems pretty spot on.

Do you not think of you were writing the headline of that game the narrative would be more about either Liverpool slipping up/a poor result, or the positive performance by Fulham. That is a big shock result and by writing the headline as Liverpool come back ‘twice’ it makes it sound like it’s resilient Liverpool who should be praised for drawing away at Fulham when they should have beaten them easily.

Even Liverpool snatch late equaliser to deny Fulham famous victory would be a fairer reflection


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550108  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

https://twitter.com/evertomefc/status/1 ... 65pWVjydzw

Nice dive from Sterling!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550109  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

https://twitter.com/northerngooona/stat ... 65pWVjydzw

Add this one to the ‘if that was Xhaka’ list. Ooof!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550110  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6888
Location: Townsville Australia

Rich wrote:
Decaf wrote:
I'm struggling to see why that headline is biased. In fact, it an apt summary of what happened.

The BBC headline for the Arsenal match "Saliba shines as Arsenal start season in style" also seems pretty spot on.

Do you not think of you were writing the headline of that game the narrative would be more about either Liverpool slipping up/a poor result, or the positive performance by Fulham. That is a big shock result and by writing the headline as Liverpool come back ‘twice’ it makes it sound like it’s resilient Liverpool who should be praised for drawing away at Fulham when they should have beaten them easily.

Even Liverpool snatch late equaliser to deny Fulham famous victory would be a fairer reflection

How about Klopp has next 2 games to turn his season around. Or Liverpool board express confidence in Klopp.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550111  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 10850

Rich wrote:
Decaf wrote:
I'm struggling to see why that headline is biased. In fact, it an apt summary of what happened.

The BBC headline for the Arsenal match "Saliba shines as Arsenal start season in style" also seems pretty spot on.

Do you not think of you were writing the headline of that game the narrative would be more about either Liverpool slipping up/a poor result, or the positive performance by Fulham. That is a big shock result and by writing the headline as Liverpool come back ‘twice’ it makes it sound like it’s resilient Liverpool who should be praised for drawing away at Fulham when they should have beaten them easily.

Even Liverpool snatch late equaliser to deny Fulham famous victory would be a fairer reflection

I think Decaf is right but for god’s sake Rich it’s not an issue that deserves the time it took to write your posts on it. It wasn’t even a game involving Arsenal. Who cares?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550112  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:06 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6888
Location: Townsville Australia

I see a number of stories about us chasing Diaby from Germany to add to our wingers. If it was a story about us chasing a midfielder or CF I would understand this. It must be rubbish.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550113  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 32013

Rich wrote:
Do you not think of you were writing the headline of that game the narrative would be more about either Liverpool slipping up/a poor result, or the positive performance by Fulham. That is a big shock result and by writing the headline as Liverpool come back ‘twice’ it makes it sound like it’s resilient Liverpool who should be praised for drawing away at Fulham when they should have beaten them easily.

Even Liverpool snatch late equaliser to deny Fulham famous victory would be a fairer reflection


Totally agree. Given that many if not most pundits would have Liverpool as favorites to win the league after the CS game and its the opener, it's a blow. They won't lose the title over it, its just the first game, but the narrative is very misleading given Liverpool's class and Fulham's class. It was seen as a win and just a matter of how much. Especially given the fac Fulham are recently promoted, zero PL experience as a team. Being home would be seen as a minor given Liverpool being arguably one of the top 3 or 4 clubs in the world at worst.

Can't see otherwise logically.

_________________
"Never relegated, Never Will Be" :)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550114  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 16179

If we spend another 50 million quid on a winger without bringing in midfield reinforcements we are out of our mind. So we probably are going to do it aren't we.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550115  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:
Do you not think of you were writing the headline of that game the narrative would be more about either Liverpool slipping up/a poor result, or the positive performance by Fulham. That is a big shock result and by writing the headline as Liverpool come back ‘twice’ it makes it sound like it’s resilient Liverpool who should be praised for drawing away at Fulham when they should have beaten them easily.

Even Liverpool snatch late equaliser to deny Fulham famous victory would be a fairer reflection

I think Decaf is right but for god’s sake Rich it’s not an issue that deserves the time it took to write your posts on it. It wasn’t even a game involving Arsenal. Who cares?

Hi Bernard, I’m not losing sleep over it, I generally post things of interest and respond to people who respond to me, then I’ll post something else. I find all aspects of how the media treat different clubs interesting. And with all due respect considering your regular and seemingly never ending tit-for-tat posts with Top Gun I’m not sure you’re the one to be lecturing others on issues that aren’t worth the time to write the post.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550116  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 10850

Rich wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I think Decaf is right but for god’s sake Rich it’s not an issue that deserves the time it took to write your posts on it. It wasn’t even a game involving Arsenal. Who cares?

Hi Bernard, I’m not losing sleep over it, I generally post things of interest and respond to people who respond to me, then I’ll post something else. I find all aspects of how the media treat different clubs interesting. And with all due respect considering your regular and seemingly never ending tit-for-tat posts with Top Gun I’m not sure you’re the one to be lecturing others on issues that aren’t worth the time to write the post.

Hi Rich. The headline Liverpool twice come from behind to draw with Fulham is exactly what they did. Mentioning Saliba in a headline about Arsenal winning at Palace is perfectly justified. I just think you’re making something with examples that didn’t deserve mention.

On the wider issues about team’s being favoured by the media, I guess all football journalists will support someone. However, criticism of Machester United is bigger news than other clubs and it’s quite flattering if Arsenal is seen in the same way. I just think the headlines you moaned about yesterday were not good ones to show your point.

On the Top Gun issue, I’ve never had an issue with him though I used to find his priority with having the last word amusing. But he ignores my posts now which I’ve no problem with and it’s quite rare for me to comment on his. The last time I did was him admitting Arteta’s comments implying we might be looking to strengthen multiple positions. I merely pointed out that while everyone has been going on about midfield, we are very light up front with only two options (Jesus and Nketiah) for up to 65 games. As everyone here will know I’ve said that before so if Arteta does think the same, I’m delighted to hear it.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550117  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 14631

Rich wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I think Decaf is right but for god’s sake Rich it’s not an issue that deserves the time it took to write your posts on it. It wasn’t even a game involving Arsenal. Who cares?

Hi Bernard, I’m not losing sleep over it, I generally post things of interest and respond to people who respond to me, then I’ll post something else. I find all aspects of how the media treat different clubs interesting. And with all due respect considering your regular and seemingly never ending tit-for-tat posts with Top Gun I’m not sure you’re the one to be lecturing others on issues that aren’t worth the time to write the post.

I agree with you about the first headline you posted-the one that was about Nunez inspiring Liverpool and that the press does spin things routine... I just didn't think the BBC one you posted was a good example of this.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550118  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:59 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 6888
Location: Townsville Australia

TOP GUN wrote:
If we spend another 50 million quid on a winger without bringing in midfield reinforcements we are out of our mind. So we probably are going to do it aren't we.

I think there is something missing in the team and it is probably the midfield. We were incapable of grabbing back the initiative after a very good start. It happened last year at times and I am not convinced we have addressed it. I think we need another CF and a midfielder who is box to box. Some games we will not need them but I want to see us have options.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550119  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
If we spend another 50 million quid on a winger without bringing in midfield reinforcements we are out of our mind. So we probably are going to do it aren't we.

I think there is something missing in the team and it is probably the midfield. We were incapable of grabbing back the initiative after a very good start. It happened last year at times and I am not convinced we have addressed it. I think we need another CF and a midfielder who is box to box. Some games we will not need them but I want to see us have options.

I agree there is something in midfield missing. But for me it’s a massive mentality thing. We get the lead and stop doing what got us the lead. The intensity drops and we drop deeper. It’s a protect what we have attitude rather than going for the jugular. Arteta sees it as you can see him talk about it in the Amazon doc.
I don’t think it’s a fitness thing of keeping the high press up for longer than 20 mins because it happens when we take the lead not at a particular minute of the game.
It’s about being brave and keeping the line high and probably playing a bit slower when we have the ball to keep possession rather than rushing it forward.
When we finally did that the one time in the second half we scored the killer goal, it was a 15 pass move for that goal.
I think it feels like we’re so reliant on Partey and Ødegaard to have good games to provide that structure. If either or both are off it we can struggle and need gk and defence to bail is out or hang on to the lead


 Profile  
 
 
Post #550120  Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 21692

Decaf wrote:
Rich wrote:
Hi Bernard, I’m not losing sleep over it, I generally post things of interest and respond to people who respond to me, then I’ll post something else. I find all aspects of how the media treat different clubs interesting. And with all due respect considering your regular and seemingly never ending tit-for-tat posts with Top Gun I’m not sure you’re the one to be lecturing others on issues that aren’t worth the time to write the post.

I agree with you about the first headline you posted-the one that was about Nunez inspiring Liverpool and that the press does spin things routine... I just didn't think the BBC one you posted was a good example of this.

I tried to think of some similar games Arsenal have had recently (we didn’t draw many last year though) but looked at the bbc headline from our 2-2 draw v Palace, And when we came back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with West Ham in that slightly crazy game.
Both times the report says ‘Arsenal Rescue a point’.
That’s just as factually correct as saying Liverpool come from behind twice to draw with Fulham, and there are lots of ways you can write a headline that is factually correct about a game but it’s more the perception that to ‘rescue’ a draw sounds like you were the worse team and perhaps a bit fortunate. Why not use that same narrative for what would be a bigger shock for Liverpool drawing at Fulham?


Attachments:


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 550262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13750, 13751, 13752, 13753, 13754, 13755, 13756, 13757  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Gaz from Oz, warrior and 14 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018