Fixtures Thursday September 19th - Frankfurt - Frankfurt Stadion - Europa League - 5:55 Pm

Kick-Off

       Injuries                    Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:10 pm

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Gaz from Oz, warrior and 7 guests

 
Post #508281  Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:51 pm
Posts: 38

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Terry Henry wrote:
Hi Gaz from Oz - :42laughter: :1laughter: :7laughter:

I take it you are talking about the cricket. I didn’t see any of the game because my wife was watching the tour de France. I may have mentioned it recently but I am pretty disconnected from cricket as the characters & players grit with me a fair bit. The fact Dave Warner was allowed to play for Australia again is a disgrace.

:15laughter:


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508282  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8132
Location: Singapore

Lots of those we hope would go are in the US tour. With that lot still here, the kids will have to step up in the new season.

_________________
Time for Emery to right the wrongs


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508283  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Salisbury

Gaz from Oz wrote:
socrates wrote:
https://untold-arsenal.com/archives/76032

That's an interesting way of looking at the Kos situation.

Let's see how this plays out.

The only part of interest to me was that Edu was trying to change culture of disclosure in the club. Good management practice but how they can see this as not be disruptive in the club is just a way of them having a pop at other bloggers. Just tell me which other clubs have these type of problems and are big clubs.

Emery must be looking at his contract and counting down the days until he can leave.


Those clowns were slating Usmanov I seem to remember a few years back, preaching the virtues of FFP and our glorious self-sustaining model, I'd take anything they say with a big pinch of salt, they could be right about it being Edu of course though, it kind of makes sense, I still don't see the point of it all though, why are we so bothered about a 33yr old has-been when we should be getting him off the wage bill and getting in younger and better defenders?, we don't have time to start making examples or p*ssing about with PR stuff.

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508284  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:26 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 5542
Location: Townsville Australia

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Until the club gets run properly we’ll be savaged


Might not be quite so easy

You and a few others rightly lamenting the fact we seem to be floundering with club mangement transfers etc etc

while we the " little people " think how can this happen . Idiot decisions do and don't happen .

Sanchez not bering sold to Utd for 60 mill cash , no fee for Ramsay , sky high wages for Özil ....... :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :36angers:

Now I'm here to tell you why ......

I've observed in life .............you get some glib talking incompetent **&%%$# who slimes his way into a position of power ...

...... then he tends to hire other incompetents because IF they weren to hire real sharp cookies [a] their own position comes under threat and [b] being icompetent himself he hasn't a decent handle on who to hire .

Another downfall of having a d*ck in charge ........is any real sharp cookie who does stumble into the fold ; quickly gets disillusioned with the inept way things are done and thinks bollocks to this and leaves for greener pastures

...... hence you end up with a logjam of dickstops ; either going through the motions or making p*ss poor decisions .

This is the experience that most of us seen repeated time & again. If I was Emery I would be shaking my head at the sheer ineptitude pervading across the whole club.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508285  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:40 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 5542
Location: Townsville Australia

Rich wrote:
Let’s say Koscielny does get his move, or is frozen out. At the moment we start the season with a back 4 of AMN, Mustafi, Sokratis, Monreal
With only Kolasinac, Chambers and Mavropanos ready to step in.
We really need to buy an entire back 4 this summer. Every penny of that £45m needs to go in to the defence.

Well actually 2 years ago I suggested we buy up the central defenders so that they would be well bedded in for this coming season. But no Wenger was happy with the players he had. Plus we would have purchased at reasonable rates. Financially responsibility is a name only at our club.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508286  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 14869

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:
Let’s say Koscielny does get his move, or is frozen out. At the moment we start the season with a back 4 of AMN, Mustafi, Sokratis, Monreal
With only Kolasinac, Chambers and Mavropanos ready to step in.
We really need to buy an entire back 4 this summer. Every penny of that £45m needs to go in to the defence.

Well actually 2 years ago I suggested we buy up the central defenders so that they would be well bedded in for this coming season. But no Wenger was happy with the players he had. Plus we would have purchased at reasonable rates. Financially responsibility is a name only at our club.

Under wenger we always seemed short in defence, often having to plug round holes with square pegs. It is a situation he never let happen with the midfield for instance.
If we go in to the new season without having had a major squad overhaul then I think we’re looking at 6-8th place. Everton and Leicester have teams that are better balanced and know exactly what they are trying to achieve, and all pull in the same direction with enthusiasm and confidence. Wolves also but their Europa League efforts may distract them.
If we go with pretty much the same team then I can see the same set of results, why wouldn’t it be? We’ll generally beat the 12 worst teams at home, beat the 6 worst teams away. Lose to the top 8 away, lose to the top 3 at home and draw the rest - somewhere in the mid 60’s for total points


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508287  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 5542
Location: Townsville Australia

Rich wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Well actually 2 years ago I suggested we buy up the central defenders so that they would be well bedded in for this coming season. But no Wenger was happy with the players he had. Plus we would have purchased at reasonable rates. Financially responsibility is a name only at our club.

Under wenger we always seemed short in defence, often having to plug round holes with square pegs. It is a situation he never let happen with the midfield for instance.
If we go in to the new season without having had a major squad overhaul then I think we’re looking at 6-8th place. Everton and Leicester have teams that are better balanced and know exactly what they are trying to achieve, and all pull in the same direction with enthusiasm and confidence. Wolves also but their Europa League efforts may distract them.
If we go with pretty much the same team then I can see the same set of results, why wouldn’t it be? We’ll generally beat the 12 worst teams at home, beat the 6 worst teams away. Lose to the top 8 away, lose to the top 3 at home and draw the rest - somewhere in the mid 60’s for total points

With the team currently available then it would not shock me if we were even further down the table. It is a lottery from here unless we get some really decent players in.

Alternatives

We play some youngsters from the start and they gel & put a few good wins together and maybe we dream of 6th.

Or we play the same old tired team and get some results but when it starts souring we integrate the young ones 5th is on.

Or no matter what team we play we start putting together really poor results - we have to fight for 7th

Or everyone gels - we do a Leicester and Mustafi is named as a gooners legend and we start a subscription online to build his statue outside the Emirates.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508288  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7181

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:
Let’s say Koscielny does get his move, or is frozen out. At the moment we start the season with a back 4 of AMN, Mustafi, Sokratis, Monreal
With only Kolasinac, Chambers and Mavropanos ready to step in.
We really need to buy an entire back 4 this summer. Every penny of that £45m needs to go in to the defence.

Well actually 2 years ago I suggested we buy up the central defenders so that they would be well bedded in for this coming season. But no Wenger was happy with the players he had. Plus we would have purchased at reasonable rates. Financially responsibility is a name only at our club.

Wenger bought Chambers, Holding and Bielik for precisely that reason. They are the type of purchases that most fans are now advocating - young players who have shone at underage level. The difficulty with that strategy is that many young players don't fulfil their potential for many reasons.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508289  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7213

:toothy9:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Emery must be looking at his contract and counting down the days until he can leave.

I guess anything can happen but as things stand I’ll be surprised if 2019/20 isn’t Emery’s last season at Arsenal. Where I may differ from you is that I’m not sure it will be his decision. If the lack of funds from KSE means a top four place is a pipe dream and we don’t win the Europa League, resulting in us not getting into the 2020/21 Champions League, I can see him being sacked.

I’m not saying Kroenke is bothered about fans’ opinions, but I see sacking managers as a way for him to divert blame away from his ownership. A sort of ‘What are you moaning about me for? I am doing my bit by dismissing an underperforming head coach.’ Ironic really, after Wenger was allowed to continue in post so long despite taking underperformance to new heights, as I think we could become a sacking club. Each head coach may be given a couple of years to get us back into the Champions League. If they fail to do so with the transfer budget being less than the cost of a bar of chocolate, they’re out.

I’m pretty sure I’ve made this point before.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508290  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18061

Bernard wrote:
:toothy9:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Emery must be looking at his contract and counting down the days until he can leave.

I guess anything can happen but as things stand I’ll be surprised if 2019/20 isn’t Emery’s last season at Arsenal. Where I may differ from you is that I’m not sure it will be his decision. If the lack of funds from KSE means a top four place is a pipe dream and we don’t win the Europa League, resulting in us not getting into the 2020/21 Champions League, I can see him being sacked.

I’m not saying Kroenke is bothered about fans’ opinions, but I see sacking managers as a way for him to divert blame away from his ownership. A sort of ‘What are you moaning about me for? I am doing my bit by dismissing an underperforming head coach.’ Ironic really, after Wenger was allowed to continue in post so long despite taking underperformance to new heights, as I think we could become a sacking club. Each head coach may be given a couple of years to get us back into the Champions League. If they fail to do so with the transfer budget being less than the cost of a bar of chocolate, they’re out.

I’m pretty sure I’ve made this point before.


I agree with this Bernard.

Notwithstanding injuries and the lack of quality but given the relative ease of the run-in and the opportunities we had against medicre opposition I actually think the last few weeks of the season were a management disasterclass from Emery. Surely, any half competent manager would have got a better return from the last few games than he did. Not to mention the nightmare Europa Final.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508291  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm
Posts: 2479

I agree with Socrates about the disastrous end to our season. It has really coloured my assessment of Emery, because of our TWO fantastic opportunities to get into the CL, the league attempt turned into a complete car crash, and the Europa League ended up being a no show despite the importance of the match.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508292  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 4677

Bernard wrote:
:toothy9:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Emery must be looking at his contract and counting down the days until he can leave.

I guess anything can happen but as things stand I’ll be surprised if 2019/20 isn’t Emery’s last season at Arsenal. Where I may differ from you is that I’m not sure it will be his decision. If the lack of funds from KSE means a top four place is a pipe dream and we don’t win the Europa League, resulting in us not getting into the 2020/21 Champions League, I can see him being sacked.

I’m not saying Kroenke is bothered about fans’ opinions, but I see sacking managers as a way for him to divert blame away from his ownership. A sort of ‘What are you moaning about me for? I am doing my bit by dismissing an underperforming head coach.’ Ironic really, after Wenger was allowed to continue in post so long despite taking underperformance to new heights, as I think we could become a sacking club. Each head coach may be given a couple of years to get us back into the Champions League. If they fail to do so with the transfer budget being less than the cost of a bar of chocolate, they’re out.

I’m pretty sure I’ve made this point before.



If Emery is pissed off with the Arsenal situation as much as I am is it not inconceivable that he will walk. Staying in this *%^@ show any longer may well harm his own cv, he may decide to cut his losses, take the hit to his income and walk away

_________________
"It's all over now Baby Blue"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508293  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 11656
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

Bernard wrote:

I’m not saying Kroenke is bothered about fans’ opinions, but I see sacking managers as a way for him to divert blame away from his ownership.

Don't think he is bothered at all . If Kroenke decided to sell up tomorrow he'd be inundated with offers from mega rich plonkers from all over the planet .

I'd doubt he sees investing a ton of cash chasing trophies a worthwhile proposition .

..... success or not he knows he has got his grubby little paws on a very saleable item ; all he has to do is sit on it he is guaranteed to double his initial outlay .


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508294  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 12980

Arseblog suggested in a podcast a week or so back that perhaps the reason we only gave Emery two years was knowing we couldn't afford to sack him if it all went tits up and that's probably the reason he's still here now, we can get rid of him for nothing next May.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508295  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7213

Darren wrote:
Arseblog suggested in a podcast a week or so back that perhaps the reason we only gave Emery two years was knowing we couldn't afford to sack him if it all went tits up and that's probably the reason he's still here now, we can get rid of him for nothing next May.

I didn’t know Emery only had a two year contract. Thought it was three. Probably makes it even more likely he’ll be on his bike next summer.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508296  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10813

Emery was only ever a sacrificial bunny. The problems at Arsenal are too large to be rectified in 2 seasons and football fans are impatient. Would we have offered Guardiola a 2 year deal? I doubt it, I also doubt he would touch the job with a bargepole. Who would want to get involved in such a mess and damage your reputation.

Arteta came close to getting the job, I mean he has no *%^@*** experience at all.

I’ll place a cheeky bet that we will still have Mesut Ozils lethargic midfield displays under a new manager and that kind of highlights the problem.

Hopefully after Emery is gone we appoint an ex player talisman like Henry or Vieira who would at least be given more time by the fans

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508297  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 12980

Bernard wrote:
Darren wrote:
Arseblog suggested in a podcast a week or so back that perhaps the reason we only gave Emery two years was knowing we couldn't afford to sack him if it all went tits up and that's probably the reason he's still here now, we can get rid of him for nothing next May.

I didn’t know Emery only had a two year contract. Thought it was three. Probably makes it even more likely he’ll be on his bike next summer.

Two with an option for another.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508298  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 12980

TOP GUN wrote:
Hopefully after Emery is gone we appoint an ex player talisman like Henry or Vieira who would at least be given more time by the fans

I think this will be a likely scenario, unless someone truly outstanding becomes getable and willing to work for this shitshow of a club.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508299  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10813

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Hopefully after Emery is gone we appoint an ex player talisman like Henry or Vieira who would at least be given more time by the fans

I think this will be a likely scenario, unless someone truly outstanding becomes getable and willing to work for this shitshow of a club.


I think it could be a Freddie or Arteta type

The actual reality is when the interviews were conducted emery probably spoke to the board and impressed them with his knowledge of our whole squad and detail when a top class manager like Guardiola and Klopp would have whiteboarded a list of our current players not up to scratch and asked them how we planned to deal with it.

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508300  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18061

Darren wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Hopefully after Emery is gone we appoint an ex player talisman like Henry or Vieira who would at least be given more time by the fans

I think this will be a likely scenario, unless someone truly outstanding becomes getable and willing to work for this shitshow of a club.


I'm not sure an ex-player talisman would be given any more time by the fans. Fans have endured a pretty underwhelming last few seasons and they have simply lost patience. Society as a whole wants instant gratification these days. If we have a bad start Emery will be under pressure from the fans by Christmas.

The only way I see things changing is if fans boycott games in their tens of thousands and Kroenke gets tired of all the negative publicity, not to mention lost revenues, and decides to sell-up.

Mind you I think stadium revenues are only a small percentage of overall revenues so even empty seats may not be enough. I reckon we need an empty stadium, but has that ever happened at any big club ever?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508301  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 3452
Location: Melbourne

kiwipete wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Until the club gets run properly we’ll be savaged


Might not be quite so easy

You and a few others rightly lamenting the fact we seem to be floundering with club mangement transfers etc etc

while we the " little people " think how can this happen . Idiot decisions do and don't happen .

Sanchez not bering sold to Utd for 60 mill cash , no fee for Ramsay , sky high wages for Özil ....... :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :36angers:

Now I'm here to tell you why ......

I've observed in life .............you get some glib talking incompetent **&%%$# who slimes his way into a position of power ...

...... then he tends to hire other incompetents because IF they weren to hire real sharp cookies [a] their own position comes under threat and [b] being icompetent himself he hasn't a decent handle on who to hire .

Another downfall of having a d*ck in charge ........is any real sharp cookie who does stumble into the fold ; quickly gets disillusioned with the inept way things are done and thinks bollocks to this and leaves for greener pastures

...... hence you end up with a logjam of dickstops ; either going through the motions or making p*ss poor decisions .


Yes. Every day I have to deal with the next muppet who is there sucking up oxygen because they've been there longer.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508302  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 18061

I wonder if this is true.....Spurs have outbid us for Saliba at the last minute

https://arseblog.news/2019/07/sprs-gazu ... or-saliba/


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508303  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10813

socrates wrote:
Darren wrote:
I think this will be a likely scenario, unless someone truly outstanding becomes getable and willing to work for this shitshow of a club.


I'm not sure an ex-player talisman would be given any more time by the fans. Fans have endured a pretty underwhelming last few seasons and they have simply lost patience. ?


When we lost the Europa final there were perfectly sane minded people on this forum calling Emery a *%^@.

I just couldn’t see that happening if the manager was Thierry, Vieira or Freddie

This is kinda the problem with Emery. He may and probably is a very good football coach but he’s not one of us with a rapport with the fans, they won’t give him any time or benefit of doubt

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508304  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 12980

socrates wrote:
I wonder if this is true.....Spurs have outbid us for Saliba at the last minute

https://arseblog.news/2019/07/sprs-gazu ... or-saliba/

Ornstein reporting this now too. We truly are a pathetic shambles. Hilarious.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508305  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10813

We just don’t have any cash anymore

Wenger and Gazidis ran us into the ground financially

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508306  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 pm
Posts: 460

We should have stayed at Highbury.

_________________
niets is sterker dan dat ene woord


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508307  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 8132
Location: Singapore

TOP GUN wrote:
We just don’t have any cash anymore

Wenger and Gazidis ran us into the ground financially


:58big-emoticons:

_________________
Time for Emery to right the wrongs


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508308  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8819

TOP GUN wrote:
This is kinda the problem with Emery. He may and probably is a very good football coach but he’s not one of us with a rapport with the fans, they won’t give him any time or benefit of doubt


He doesn't have rapport with the senior players either... I hope for the club's sake he can galvanise the young players... this season could well be his last chance saloon anyway, so might as well be bold.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508309  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7213

rotterdamnation wrote:
We should have stayed at Highbury.

How would that have improved anything?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508310  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 12980

So we built an ambitious stadium and it nearly broke us and we couldn't sign too many players for a while as we had restrictions financially. Ipso facto, how are Tottenham spending money having built a new stadium at over twice what ours cost? Something doesn't add up.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508311  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 2108

Darren wrote:
socrates wrote:
I wonder if this is true.....Spurs have outbid us for Saliba at the last minute

https://arseblog.news/2019/07/sprs-gazu ... or-saliba/

Ornstein reporting this now too. We truly are a pathetic shambles. Hilarious.

Encouraging....well not really. No surprise though if Spurs have done it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footba ... 576195.amp

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508312  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 4320

What a shitshow of a club we have become.
How long have we been negotiating for Saliba.
Its been dragging on for weeks.
Why not get the *%^@*** deal done.
If Spurs nick him from under our noses I will be livid and will serve us *%^@*** right.
We are a bloody joke right now.
Embarrassing.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508313  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 4320

Darren wrote:
So we built an ambitious stadium and it nearly broke us and we couldn't sign too many players for a while as we had restrictions financially. Ipso facto, how are Tottenham spending money having built a new stadium at over twice what ours cost? Something doesn't add up.

It really doesn't Darren.
They have just broken their transfer record as well.
We take dawdling to a new level.
If Saliba turns out to the next best thing with Spurs our fanbase will be furious


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508314  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Posts: 12980

david.d wrote:
If Saliba turns out to the next best thing with Spurs our fanbase will be furious

Tbf David, our fanbase are always furious, regardless of the Saliba deal.

_________________
There's a man who's been out sailing in a decade full of dreams


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508315  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 pm
Posts: 4308

Darren wrote:
david.d wrote:
If Saliba turns out to the next best thing with Spurs our fanbase will be furious

Tbf David, our fanbase are always furious, regardless of the Saliba deal.


No they are not. I am surprised they are not more furious. http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/f ... 02931.html

_________________
"If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508316  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 941
Location: Salisbury

Kroenke OUT.

What else did you expect?.

_________________
Wake me up when wiggy snuffs it


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508317  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 7181

TOP GUN wrote:
We just don’t have any cash anymore

Wenger and Gazidis ran us into the ground financially

No they didn't. We had monstrous cash reserves for years. We only started spending like the big club we are a few years ago. We are not broke. It's Stan.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508318  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Posts: 7213

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
We just don’t have any cash anymore

Wenger and Gazidis ran us into the ground financially

No they didn't. We had monstrous cash reserves for years. We only started spending like the big club we are a few years ago. We are not broke. It's Stan.

I’m with dec on this. I mentioned this quite recently; I was as anti-Wenger as anyone. But if the only way of getting Stan to sell up was to take Wenger back as manager, I’d take him back in a heart beat.

Kroenke as owner with Wenger as manager was the nightmare scenario. But we’re seeing that Kroenke as owner without Wenger as manager is pretty damn terrible, and in my view it’s worse than having Wenger as manager without Stan as owner would be.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508319  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 10813

dec wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
We just don’t have any cash anymore

Wenger and Gazidis ran us into the ground financially

No they didn't. We had monstrous cash reserves for years. We only started spending like the big club we are a few years ago. We are not broke. It's Stan.


Spent 100 million on 3 players that are now worthless

Let alone letting 100 million of talent leave free in Ramsey and Sanchez

Why would Stan give them more.

Your kinda right though

_________________
A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says, 'With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way.
Arsene Wenger


 Profile  
 
 
Post #508320  Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 11656
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

Bernard wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
Complaining about our owner is akin to complaining about the fog and rain in London. We are stuck with it. There are only two things that I can see with the ownership changing: 1. There is a complete supporter boycott on all fronts and 2. His financial situations becomes so bad he has to sell.

Thank you Dein.

It was Fiszman who made him the majority shareholder.


American Gooner reminds me of a braying donkey with his balls snagged on a hunk of barbed wire .

You get this same monotonous ....... eehh aw ...... eeh aw ... eee aw

He will never ever ever wise up to the fact Dein sold out to Usmanov not his compatriot Kroenke


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 510583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12705, 12706, 12707, 12708, 12709, 12710, 12711 ... 12765  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Gaz from Oz, warrior and 7 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2018