Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], warrior and 64 guests

Post #494441  Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:29 pm 

Fingers crossed for Bellerin’s injury, but if it is an ACL then that’s 9 months minimum, which rules him out until November next season. No pre season and no gaurentee how long it takes him to get back up to the top level. On that basis it makes a RB essential in the summer. Lichtsteiner and Jenkinson should both be moved on in the summer.

Post #494442  Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:31 pm 

Rich wrote:
Fulham just could not defend those deep crosses, doesn’t help when the gk stays rooted to his line and both headed goals are scored on the edge of the 6 yard box.

Shame that spurs injury crisis has occurred when they are playing such awful teams. You need them up against the big teams or even better the likes of Everton/watford

Tottenham are excellent at taking maximum points off the lower half teams. Pochettino is just an excellent manager. We dropped points against West Ham, Brighton and Southampton in a few weeks.

Post #494443  Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:36 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
Also it’s 4 at the back or nothing. Accept the fact we can’t defend and go for the first goal.

The 5 at the back is awful. If Kos can stay fit it will be a big positive. He was immense yesterday and it was great not having Mustafi and his panic defending.

Post #494444  Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:38 pm 

I truly, truly hate sperz. I really do. Almost as much as some people. :42laughter:

Post #494445  Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 pm 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I truly, truly hate sperz. I really do. Almost as much as some people. :42laughter:

As of right now don't care for the Rams either. Come on Saints! :1laughter:

Post #494446  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:42 am 

The Rams are in the Super Bowl against the New England (basically Boston) Patriots. I despise the Patriots team on the same level of contempt I have for sperz and Man Utd just to give it some context. I am truly torn between who to cheer for. I detest Kroenke and he has delivered. Some say ahead of schedule to get to the Super Bowl which proves he can build winning sides.

I am going to probably cheer for the Rams only because it's like having to choose between Sperz or Man Utd winning the PL.

Post #494447  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:46 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
The Rams are in the Super Bowl against the New England (basically Boston) Patriots. I despise the Patriots team on the same level of contempt I have for sperz and Man Utd just to give it some context. I am truly torn between who to cheer for. I detest Kroenke and he has delivered. Some say ahead of schedule to get to the Super Bowl which proves he can build winning sides.

I am going to probably cheer for the Rams only because it's like having to choose between Sperz or Man Utd winning the PL.

Go Pats! :26encouragement:

Post #494448  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:20 am 

The new series of True Detective on Sky is awesome.

Check it out if you haven’t already,

That’s all

Post #494449  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am 

Any news on Bellerin injury?

Post #494450  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm 

There seems to have been some controversy with the referee in the Saints vs Rams game. There are always conspiracy theories with the NFL (and the NBA) as well and some seem to think the NFL wanted the Rams to win because they wanted the 2nd biggest media market in America to have a Super Bowl (which was their plan when Kroenke was awarded the LA area).

Post #494451  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:22 pm 

The one huge plus for us on Friday is that the match is home. I wouldn't have given us much of a chance if it was at Old Toilet. They are very confident now with that winning streak going on. I hope we can put in another good performance.

Post #494452  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:29 pm 

I've seen a lot of Fulham fans raving about Chambers in central mid for them. I was firmly in the camp that he should be sold in the summer for as high a price as possible, but I watched some highlights of him in central midfield in the past 5-6 games and his touch looks better, his passing better, no clumsiness in tackles, covers for his CB well, good range of long passing. Obviously highlights reels can do a lot for a player and Fulham are still woeful but should Chambers get another chance in the summer?

Post #494453  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:42 pm 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/10/ ... aphic.html

People speculating over potential adidas kits for next year.

I know Puma has given us some poor kits recently so it is easy to like ANY alternative but I have to say if the 3 kits turn out like this from Adidas I'd be pretty happy, they look damn smart for my eye. All concept only but Adidas need to work to something like this

Post #494454  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:47 pm 

Interesting quotes from Mourinho about Özil. He says to get the best from him you need to show hiim care and love. Jose goes on to say you need to get the balance right, go too soft on him and he won't perform go too hard and he retracts in to himself.

Might be easy to say most players are like that but I don't think so. A lot of players would maintain their own high and consistent level of performance via their own motivation.

Lets see how Emery deals with Özil now that he's back in the squad because it has been very much stick and very little carrot so far. A start v Man U in the cup behind Lacazette and Aubameyang?

Post #494455  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:47 pm 

What Mourinho said about Özil has been known for a while. He's said to be very "sensitive" and doesn't respond well to criticism. I recall when he was bought it was being said about him.

Changing topics to the title race, I am not convinced Liverpool will be able to win it. They are "only" 4 points ahead of City and I think City will win it. You heard it here first. haha Maybe next season for Liverpool.

Post #494456  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:43 pm 

Rich wrote:
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/10/adidas-arsenal-19-20-home-away-third-kit-concepts-rupertgraphic.html

People speculating over potential adidas kits for next year.

I know Puma has given us some poor kits recently so it is easy to like ANY alternative but I have to say if the 3 kits turn out like this from Adidas I'd be pretty happy, they look damn smart for my eye. All concept only but Adidas need to work to something like this

Was hoping the banana kit rumours to be true... pity we didn't get Adidas this season, the kits could have been based on the 1988/89 ones.

Post #494457  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:08 pm 

Rich wrote:
Interesting quotes from Mourinho about Özil. He says to get the best from him you need to show hiim care and love. Jose goes on to say you need to get the balance right, go too soft on him and he won't perform go too hard and he retracts in to himself.

Might be easy to say most players are like that but I don't think so. A lot of players would maintain their own high and consistent level of performance via their own motivation.

Lets see how Emery deals with Özil now that he's back in the squad because it has been very much stick and very little carrot so far. A start v Man U in the cup behind Lacazette and Aubameyang?

A motivated Özil is capable of providing us with a dozen goals in terms of scoring and assists in the last third of this season. Let's hope Emery play his cards right re: Özil.

While I was happy with the performance and result against Chelsea, it would have been better had we done it with Özil rather than Ramsey as we are stuck with the former as our highest paid player and we are losing the latter end of this season... and the way things have turned out so far this season, highly likely Emery preferring Iwobi over Özil next season.

Post #494458  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:08 pm 

Fascinating stuff. Saints want a rematch. Apparently neither side fancied this ref.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.fox8live ... utType=amp

Post #494459  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:42 pm 

The NFL has had VAR for some time so it's amazing how an erroneous referee decision was made to stand in such an important game.

Post #494460  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:51 pm 

Arsenal have confirmed Mislintat will leave the club on Feb 8 2019

Post #494461  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:32 pm 

If Mislintat is a fantastic scout but not a good enough technical director and he wanted the role of technical director and wouldn’t accept the role of leading the scouting network then him leaving has to be the right decision. No point promoting a man to a job he isn’t suited for. It’s a shame because his eye for a player is exactly what we need.

Raul seems to have the contacts of the super agents which initially had me worried as we can’t afford these players but actually many great young players are on the books of the super agents. If Raul can use his contacts to bring us the next up and coming players then great - what I don’t want is us to go after the ‘didnt quite make it at a massive club’ type players.

Post #494462  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 pm 

This from 8 years ago. Not much different now.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ssion=true

Post #494463  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:49 pm 

on bbc radio that Stan is holding a NFL LONDON game as a host with the rams, part of 4 overall games in 2019 - 2 wembley and 2 at WHL

This will mean officially that Kroenke has contributed more cash for Tottenhams coffers than he has Arsenal.

Post #494464  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:52 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
on bbc radio that Stan is holding a NFL LONDON game as a host with the rams, part of 4 overall games in 2019 - 2 wembley and 2 at WHL

This will mean officially that Kroenke has contributed more cash for Tottenhams coffers than he has Arsenal.

Simply unbelievable. Laughing stock

Post #494465  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:20 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:

If this is a wind up - very good because it annoyed me. If however it is true I am furious that he would spend any money at Spurs. This person has no idea about football and rivalry. He needs to be asked public questions about it. Even the fact he is trying to promote a rival sport is totally unacceptable. If we lost even one future fan to this so called sport then he is responsible for damaging our club & football generally.

Post #494466  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:28 pm 

From David Ornstein

Bellerín ruptured ACL confirmed in scan today, 6-9 months. Rest of squad were paintballing pre #MUFC. Francis Cagigao tipped by many to succeed Mislintat as HoR with Monchi among names for TD (no timescale). #AFC want 2 loan deals, 1 being Suarez but not close

Post #494467  Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:31 pm 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

If this is a wind up - very good because it annoyed me. If however it is true I am furious that he would spend any money at Spurs. This person has no idea about football and rivalry. He needs to be asked public questions about it. Even the fact he is trying to promote a rival sport is totally unacceptable. If we lost even one future fan to this so called sport then he is responsible for damaging our club & football generally.

It was on the radio earlier but this also seems to confirm it ..

https://www.sportinglife.com/nfl/news/n ... sts/156042

Post #494468  Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 am 

Gaz from Oz wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:

Kroenke doesn't have to answer anyone now concerning his ownership of Arsenal. His total shareholding means just that. He doesn't even have to produce public accounts any more (so he can hide it if he's using Arsenal's revenues to pay off the loans he took on to buy his 100% shareholding). So there's surely no chance of him giving an interview about him using Tottenham's new ground to hold NFL games.

Post #494469  Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:37 pm 

I had no idea that Fernabahce is in a relegation battle. Wow. Oh how low the mighty have fallen.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46883617

Post #494470  Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:54 pm 

Cardiff City soccer player Sala missing after plane disappears over English Channel

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-socc ... op+News%29

Post #494471  Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:23 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Kroenke doesn't have to answer anyone now concerning his ownership of Arsenal. His total shareholding means just that. He doesn't even have to produce public accounts any more (so he can hide it if he's using Arsenal's revenues to pay off the loans he took on to buy his 100% shareholding)...
Yes, sadly Arsenal as we have known it is dead. Long live a new Arsenal, but make no mistake, once the troughs of English football began to fill it was only a matter of time before the pigs came to feed. And boy do they like the taste.

Post #494472  Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:49 pm 

old man of hoy wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Kroenke doesn't have to answer anyone now concerning his ownership of Arsenal. His total shareholding means just that. He doesn't even have to produce public accounts any more (so he can hide it if he's using Arsenal's revenues to pay off the loans he took on to buy his 100% shareholding)...
Yes, sadly Arsenal as we have known it is dead. Long live a new Arsenal, but make no mistake, once the troughs of English football began to fill it was only a matter of time before the pigs came to feed. And boy do they like the taste.

That is a fair summary of what has happened. Happy New Year to you and yours.

I have wondered how it could be rectified. I would have no trouble in enforcing a rule that you could not have any interest in other sports, all foreigners who own clubs will have to front parliamentary committees to face questioning yearly (about anything at all - (human rights, sources of money, business transactions, tax strategies), they must personally invest extra money into the club every year, any increase in value of the club will have a personal capital gains tax levied against the owner yearly with no other losses deductible, no club can be held by a company which is foreign owned, owners must be in the UK for a minimum of 15/21 days in any 2 calendar months and you cannot accumulate the days.

Your pollies would never do it. Still I can dream.

Post #494473  Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:35 pm 

https://arseblog.news/2019/01/report-ba ... is-suarez/

Under Kroenke we're so tight we can't even pull off a €2M loan deal.

Post #494474  Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:54 am 

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
https://arseblog.news/2019/01/report-barcelona-and-arsenal-break-off-negotiations-over-denis-suarez/

If it means our young players getting more chances to play for the first team, it's not a great loss not getting Denis Suarez.

Post #494475  Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:36 am 

I wonder if Mourinho can still get a job at a top 10 club? Or has be gone to the next level club like Ajax, Sevilla, etc?

Post #494476  Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:04 am 

Goonie wrote:
Wilts-Gooner wrote:
https://arseblog.news/2019/01/report-barcelona-and-arsenal-break-off-negotiations-over-denis-suarez/

If it means our young players getting more chances to play for the first team, it's not a great loss not getting Denis Suarez.

Look, I don't know enough about Suarez to comment on whether he's really that much of a loss. But as a more general point, is there anything that could happen to Arsenal that you wouldn't try and see in a positive sense?

Relegation? Or would you see that as a chance to rebuild and come back stronger?

The Emirates collapsing after Kroenke had stopped the payments on its insurance policy to save a few bob? Or would you see that as an opportunity to build a new ground that's better and more modern?

Tottenham winning the league? Or would you see that as a motivating kick up the bum for Arsenal to match them?

Post #494477  Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:50 am 

Bernard wrote:
Goonie wrote:

Look, I don't know enough about Suarez to comment on whether he's really that much of a loss. But as a more general point, is there anything that could happen to Arsenal that you wouldn't try and see in a positive sense?

Relegation? Or would you see that as a chance to rebuild and come back stronger?

The Emirates collapsing after Kroenke had stopped the payments on its insurance policy to save a few bob? Or would you see that as an opportunity to build a new ground that's better and more modern?

Tottenham winning the league? Or would you see that as a motivating kick up the bum for Arsenal to match them?

Bernard, have you run out of prozac or have you finally snapped. I am surprised because you are often the sense of reason or see the postives. I acknowledge I myself have difficult seeing any positives but wow you surprised me today.

Post #494478  Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:56 am 

old man of hoy wrote:
Bernard wrote:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-34084817

Post #494479  Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:59 am 

I was thinking about the departure of Gazides and Mislintat. I wonder if it is connected with the sale of the rest of the shares by the Russian. Whilst he remained there was probably some degree of having to account for your actions and probably always the hope that maybe some money would become available. But with his departure there is no one in the club above them thatYou want a self sustaining model and then don't have in place the personal to get in the players.

Still I suppose quite a lot of the people from the old North Bank will be heading off to WHL for the NFL.

Post #494480  Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:02 am 

AmericanGooner wrote:
I wonder if Mourinho can still get a job at a top 10 club? Or has be gone to the next level club like Ajax, Sevilla, etc?

I think we should offer him an olive branch and offer him a job as a steward in the away end.

[ 570667 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12359, 12360, 12361, 12362, 12363, 12364, 12365 ... 14267  Next