Fixtures March 31st - Manchester City - Etihad Stadium - 3:30 Pm

Kick-Off

Injuries                 Steve Gleiber

Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 104 guests

Post #492921  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:50 pm 

bubblechris wrote:
You may not agree but read the following and maybe you'll maybe think again:

and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

You need to let the Open University know then Chris, cos they're offering lots of courses:

http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/find/elec ... gineering#

Post #492922  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:07 pm 

john1 wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
You may not agree but read the following and maybe you'll maybe think again:

Sorry it's so long
Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Find something that's gone the other way, I've looked and I just can't. If you think the EU is a good idea,
1/ You haven't read the party manifesto of The European Peoples' Party.
2/ You haven't had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don't think it matters.

Most if not all of this is bullsh*te Chris. What's your source for this?

Example: Dyson absolutely did not get EU grant to move production to Malaysia. On what planet would that make any sense whatsoever?

The same planet that thinks Transport for London is secretly owned by the EU in a James Bond spectre illuminati style conspiracy.

A better question would have been “hey dumbass where’s your f%$*ng brain gone ?”

Post #492923  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:17 pm 

DHD wrote:
I'm sorry too Chris because it would take an age to respond to all these claims which are mostly either factually incorrect, clearly made-up or correct but unpalatable (to you anyway).

Somebody has already done the job for you:

http://ilovetheeu.co.uk/trade/no-the-eu ... of-the-uk/

Post #492924  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 pm 

TOP GUN wrote:
john1 wrote:

Most if not all of this is bullsh*te Chris. What's your source for this?

Example: Dyson absolutely did not get EU grant to move production to Malaysia. On what planet would that make any sense whatsoever?

The same planet that thinks Transport for London is secretly owned by the EU in a James Bond spectre illuminati style conspiracy.

A better question would have been “hey dumbass where’s your f%$*ng brain gone ?”

Next we'll be getting told that Tommy Robinson is a genuine man of the people, and that there is no truth whatsoever in:
1. His real name being Yaxley-Lennon (why would he want his EDL mates to think that he could be posh or Irish?)
2. Him having a criminal record
3. That he's earning his own money, and not leeching off his supporters or being paid by members of the global elite
4. That he doesnt have 5 houses, one of which is a £1m mansion.

Post #492925  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm 

Merkel says nein.

Post #492926  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:21 pm 

Niall wrote:
Merkel says nein.

No surprise there.

Post #492927  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:45 pm 

Message for Rog (Warrior) - I seem to be double posting, and the option to edit or remove a post is gone.

Am I doing something wrong?

Post #492928  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:46 pm 

john1 wrote:
Message for Rog (Warrior) - I seem to be double posting, and the option to edit or remove a post is gone.

No John

It’s because of the EU

Post #492929  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 pm 

Spurs need to probably win v Barca tonight to stay in the champions league and they’ve been given a massive leg up with Barca naming a virtual reserve 11. No critique of Barca, they’ve won the group and earned the right to play whoever they want.

Post #492930  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm 

Rich wrote:
Spurs need to probably win v Barca tonight to stay in the champions league and they’ve been given a massive leg up with Barca naming a virtual reserve 11. No critique of Barca, they’ve won the group and earned the right to play whoever they want.

Tottenham are 1-0 down after 62 minutes, but so are Inter at home to PSV. I'm not watching either game so if PSV hold on at Inter, I'm not sure how that affects Tottenham's position.

Post #492931  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 pm 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

Tottenham are 1-0 down after 62 minutes, but so are Inter at home to PSV. I'm not watching either game so if PSV hold on at Inter, I'm not sure how that affects Tottenham's position.

Spurs with a late equaliser and inter couldn’t get the win that would have put them out. Spurs go through. I’m sure the press will fawn all over them tomorrow - supposed group of death....hmmm, inter are average spurs should have been second favourites for that group. And really the deciding factor in them qualifying was simply how the fixtures fell. Inter played 2 full strength Barca teams, spurs didn’t have to.

Liverpool through as well.

I don’t mind either going through, don’t want them muddling in with our Europa run really. Napoli will be tough in Europa

Post #492932  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:21 am 

Rich wrote:
I don’t mind either going through, don’t want them muddling in with our Europa run really. Napoli will be tough in Europa

I agree. I think it's unlikely that either Tottenham or Liverpool will win the Champions League this season. But they would have made it even harder for Arsenal to win the Europa League.

Post #492933  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:24 am 

john1 wrote:

Yes I saw that - Maybe log out, then remove the board cookies, then log back in again ?

Edit - Lemme rebuild the tables again - I did it the other night but the server was cranky for some reason.

Post #492934  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:51 am 

TOP GUN wrote:
john1 wrote:

No John

It’s because of the EU

Absolutely. Ever since the forum accepted that EU subsidy to relocate from Great Britain to down under, it's been one technical problem after another ... and can it be a coincidence that the forum is crawling with problematic foreigners? Smocking Gun, I'd say!

Make Arsenal Great Again!

Post #492935  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:17 am 

Bernard wrote:
Rich wrote:

I agree. I think it's unlikely that either Tottenham or Liverpool will win the Champions League this season. But they would have made it even harder for Arsenal to win the Europa League.

Define 'unlikely'.

I'd put Liverpool in the tier of joint favourites (alongside quite a few others, it must be said) given their run last season and how well they have strengthened their defence.

I'd put Spurs down as very decent outsiders rather than no-hopers.

Post #492936  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 am 

Decaf wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
No John

It’s because of the EU

Absolutely. Ever since the forum accepted that EU subsidy to relocate from Great Britain to down under, it's been one technical problem after another ... and can it be a coincidence that the forum is crawling with problematic foreigners? Smocking Gun, I'd say!

I'll say, bloody EU started globalisation and those bloody cheap Asian countries just waltzed in and asset stripped the *%^@ out of the UK economies. Had nothing to do with the companies themselves of course. Innocent your honour.

Post #492937  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:54 am 

Decaf wrote:

Post #492938  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:59 am 

Decaf wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Define 'unlikely'.

I'd put Liverpool in the tier of joint favourites (alongside quite a few others, it must be said) given their run last season and how well they have strengthened their defence.

I'd put Spurs down as very decent outsiders rather than no-hopers.

Given what we know Liverpool can do, and that water tight defence that is perfect for knock out football is put them up there with Barca, Madrid, City and Juve as favourites for the trophy. Spurs need a very lucky draw, they could get past the likes of shalke, Porto, Ajax and Man U but that is their limit on paper

Post #492939  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:22 am 

warrior wrote:
john1 wrote:

Yes I saw that - Maybe log out, then remove the board cookies, then log back in again ?

Edit - Lemme rebuild the tables again - I did it the other night but the server was cranky for some reason.

Edit 2 - I redid the tables again and it passed. It also fixed a few problems so it should be ok now.

Btw, Babu says Hi.

Post #492940  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:51 pm 

I noticed Klopp didn’t say much about the awful tackle Van Dijk made last night, plenty of refs give it a straight red. Do Liverpool still win when down to 10 men, or do Napoli draw/win and knock Liverpool out and the entire narrative about last night is rewritten. Ref decisions have too much influence on results. Bring on VaR the sooner the better

Post #492941  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:51 pm 

Interesting analysis between the philosophies of Pep vs Klopp. Pep generally prefers dominating possession and Klopp generally prefers dominating space. The analysis though, which includes head to head analysis fails to bring up one huge factor. Pep has always been on the side with a huge advantage regarding money and have been able to buy better players. You can have superior tactics but a better XI will often win the day.

Post #492942  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:22 pm 

Rich wrote:
I noticed Klopp didn’t say much about the awful tackle Van Dijk made last night, plenty of refs give it a straight red. Do Liverpool still win when down to 10 men, or do Napoli draw/win and knock Liverpool out and the entire narrative about last night is rewritten. Ref decisions have too much influence on results. Bring on VaR the sooner the better

I wouldn't consider that an awful tackle at all. His momentum carried him onto the Napoli player but it was in no way deliberate or reckless.

Post #492943  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:35 pm 

warrior wrote:
warrior wrote:

Edit 2 - I redid the tables again and it passed. It also fixed a few problems so it should be ok now.

Btw, Babu says Hi.

Thanks Rog

Babu says Hi or Babu was high?

Post #492944  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:47 pm 

I know it will not affect my life but I was pleased that May survived the leadership challenge. The whole exit is a mess but I think she has tried the best she can. Basically no one will be happy about the outcome.

There was some footage of a person saying she neeeds to take people with her that can negotiate in order to get a better deal. People appear to have missed the obvious - you don’t actually have a strong position to start from & I suspect people like the one on TV was one who voted to exit, never thought of the consequences & now wants to blame someone else for the mess. I suggest they start with slagging off Boris.

Post #492945  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:04 am 

So the champions league groupstages are over, we’re there any memorable games? Any upsets where the favourite didn’t play a weakened team? There were quite a few dead rubber games and the 16 teams most likely to qualify for the knock out stages before a ball was kicked are the 16 teams that have qualified. Lots of arguments for revamping both this and the Europa League which suffers from similar problems

Post #492946  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:10 am 

dec wrote:
Rich wrote:

I wouldn't consider that an awful tackle at all. His momentum carried him onto the Napoli player but it was in no way deliberate or reckless.

Deliberate no, reckless, out of control and endangering an opponent (which are the guidelines for red cards) would be more up for debate

Post #492947  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:10 pm 

Martinez, jenkinson, Koscielny, Sokratis, AMN, elneny, willock, Özil, saka, Nketiah, Lacazette
Subs: iliev, medley, Monreal, Guendouzi, Mkhitaryan, Gilmore, John-jules

Few more first team players than I would have liked

Post #492948  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:55 pm 

Rich wrote:
Martinez, jenkinson, Koscielny, Sokratis, AMN, elneny, willock, Özil, saka, Nketiah, Lacazette

Smart move though. The only thing at risk is our unbeaten run.

Post #492949  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:03 pm 

Rich wrote:

Only one that I can see.

Post #492950  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 pm 

Nice effort by Saka. Good start for the reserves

Post #492951  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:19 pm 

Nice one Lacazette. It’s been coming

Post #492952  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:20 pm 

Lacazette !!!!!!!!!!

Nice swivel and shot. Good assist from Özil.

Post #492953  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:21 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Nice one Lacazette. It’s been coming

Good sharp finish.

Post #492954  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:23 pm 

The even better news is that we’ve just been resolute in defence in a sustained period after scoring. No nodding off, which is encouraging

Post #492955  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:44 pm 

Jenkinson needs to be more positive. He needs to cross the ball instead of simply turning it back for someone else to create something. It is a bit limiting and predictable

Post #492956  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:05 pm 

I wonder what the real crowd figure is for tonight, and how much it will differ from the official figures. Reminds me of a home game against Leeds in the mid sixties.

Post #492957  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:06 pm 

As if by magic....

The info is given. It’s 21,000 vs 58,000

Post #492958  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:08 pm 

A bit more quick passing and positivity needed in the second half to work their keeper more, and a few more goals will follow. No injuries please.

Post #492959  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:09 pm 

Is that the first time we've gone in at halftime leading?

Post #492960  Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:11 pm 

long time gooner wrote:
Jenkinson needs to be more positive. He needs to cross the ball instead of simply turning it back for someone else to create something. It is a bit limiting and predictable

Jenks is a trier, but to be honest he looks the least accomplished footballer on the team.

[ 570734 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12321, 12322, 12323, 12324, 12325, 12326, 12327 ... 14269  Next