Fixtures Thurs Nov 23rd - FC Cologne - RheinEnergieStadion - Europa League - 6:00 Pm

Kick-Off

        Injuries            Steve Gleiber


Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:11 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Googlebot, warrior and 3 guests

 
Post #485641  Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

TOP GUN wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
Bromley he's a troll who supports another club that consistently comes on here to wind up. Don't bite

The clue is in the name, quite literally if you know what I mean

Evening chaps. Look, I suspect bubblechris is an Arsenal fan. I wouldn't have thought he might not be were it for Top Gun's post. I really don't get Top Gun's comment about a clue being in the name. Does 'bubblechris' imply support for another club? I've been simple and presumed he's of Greek heritage (the 'bubble' bit) and his name is Christopher (the chris bit).

Having said that, I think he has some barmy ideas. But that alone doesn't mean he isn't an Arsenal fan. Countless Arsenal fans do. I get the impression he dislikes Sanchez, but I think loads of genuine Arsenal fans do. I don't dislike him, but accept he isn't really a likeable character (in my view anyway). He's a very good player for the club (I'd count him as no more than that compared to the true greatness of the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Brady, Vieira, Pires, Campbell, McLintock, and others). However, of the recent generation of Arsenal players, has there really been anyone better? I can't see anyone, and I've seen every single Arsenal game in the meantime. So I rate Sanchez highly, very highly. But he isn't a footballing genius, let's be realistic.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485642  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 8667

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
The clue is in the name, quite literally if you know what I mean

Evening chaps. Look, I suspect bubblechris is an Arsenal fan. I wouldn't have thought he might not be were it for Top Gun's post. I really don't get Top Gun's comment about a clue being in the name. Does 'bubblechris' imply support for another club? I've been simple and presumed he's of Greek heritage (the 'bubble' bit) and his name is Christopher (the chris bit).

him.


Goodness mate

https://youtu.be/yvuOtlpSAeY


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485643  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 6897

Rich wrote:
Wenger is just embarrassing himself with some of his quotes now. He has declared that there wasn't much between Arsenal and City, explaining that as well as the bad referee calls, under 'expected goals' Arsenal had 0.6 and City had 0.7 - which proves how close the teams are. Firstly City had 1.9 and arsenal had 0.3 so he is wrong but anyone with a pair of eyes can see there is a huge gap between the quality of Arsenal and City. City are 12 points ahead of us after 11 games. At that rate they will finish 40 points in front!


I will always jump on the anti-Wenger bandwagon. He is a joke.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485644  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 11985

Mike Dean the spurs fan is the ref for the north London derby this weekend. Spurs win a lot of penalties against us and mike dean is notorious for being the ref who gives more pens than any other ref in recent history. It is like Dean is making a point of saying he’s brave enough to give pens, irrespective of whether he is making the right call. I hope we’re on our guard and making sure we throw ourselves at the slightest contact in their box


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485645  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4407
Location: Townsville Australia

Rich wrote:
Mike Dean the spurs fan is the ref for the north London derby this weekend. Spurs win a lot of penalties against us and mike dean is notorious for being the ref who gives more pens than any other ref in recent history. It is like Dean is making a point of saying he’s brave enough to give pens, irrespective of whether he is making the right call. I hope we’re on our guard and making sure we throw ourselves at the slightest contact in their box

Wenger asked for him so he will have an excuse in case it goes pear shaped.

Here is part of Wengers after match interview that he has prepared which follows on from some of his recent interviews.

Journo :What could Arsenal have done better:

I am sick of all these pointless questions from someone who has never managed a team. So let me explain...but we got .375 of a portion to their .469 and with the easterly wind that is sufficient for me to make a decision to play Walcott in goal for the second half....Čech will not last forever...duckworth lewis....minus the square root of F A.

Journo : So were you happy with the referee.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485646  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 6587

Bernard wrote:
I get the impression he dislikes Sanchez, but I think loads of genuine Arsenal fans do. I don't dislike him, but accept he isn't really a likeable character (in my view anyway). He's a very good player for the club (I'd count him as no more than that compared to the true greatness of the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Brady, Vieira, Pires, Campbell, McLintock, and others). However, of the recent generation of Arsenal players, has there really been anyone better? I can't see anyone, and I've seen every single Arsenal game in the meantime. So I rate Sanchez highly, very highly. But he isn't a footballing genius, let's be realistic.

I hope Gael doesn't read this. He'll be devastated......

Seriously though, I would rate RVP above Sanchez. Obviously, the way he left the club tarnishes his standing as an Arsenal player, but he was absolutely phenomenal in his final two seasons with us. He was undoubtedly one of the best strikers in the world at that time. As good as Sanchez is, I don't think he is one of the top 3 or 4 in the world in his position, which is what RVP was.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485647  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

dec wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I get the impression he dislikes Sanchez, but I think loads of genuine Arsenal fans do. I don't dislike him, but accept he isn't really a likeable character (in my view anyway). He's a very good player for the club (I'd count him as no more than that compared to the true greatness of the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Brady, Vieira, Pires, Campbell, McLintock, and others). However, of the recent generation of Arsenal players, has there really been anyone better? I can't see anyone, and I've seen every single Arsenal game in the meantime. So I rate Sanchez highly, very highly. But he isn't a footballing genius, let's be realistic.

I hope Gael doesn't read this. He'll be devastated......

Seriously though, I would rate RVP above Sanchez. Obviously, the way he left the club tarnishes his standing as an Arsenal player, but he was absolutely phenomenal in his final two seasons with us. He was undoubtedly one of the best strikers in the world at that time. As good as Sanchez is, I don't think he is one of the top 3 or 4 in the world in his position, which is what RVP was.

I wouldn't argue with that dec. Sorry, by 'recent generation of Arsenal players' I was talking more about current players.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485648  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

TOP GUN wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Evening chaps. Look, I suspect bubblechris is an Arsenal fan. I wouldn't have thought he might not be were it for Top Gun's post. I really don't get Top Gun's comment about a clue being in the name. Does 'bubblechris' imply support for another club? I've been simple and presumed he's of Greek heritage (the 'bubble' bit) and his name is Christopher (the chris bit).

Goodness mate

https://youtu.be/yvuOtlpSAeY

Fair point as I'd never thought of that. I suspect both your and my ideas are feasible though.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485649  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 12025

Bernard wrote:
TOP GUN wrote:
The clue is in the name, quite literally if you know what I mean

Evening chaps. Look, I suspect bubblechris is an Arsenal fan. I wouldn't have thought he might not be were it for Top Gun's post. I really don't get Top Gun's comment about a clue being in the name. Does 'bubblechris' imply support for another club? I've been simple and presumed he's of Greek heritage (the 'bubble' bit) and his name is Christopher (the chris bit).

Having said that, I think he has some barmy ideas. But that alone doesn't mean he isn't an Arsenal fan. Countless Arsenal fans do.

These days, its almost a requirement. So I can't see how that would single him out.
But I agree with your post. Not sure what Top Gun is on about.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485650  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 521

Not being racist but I assumed bubblechris was of Greek descent....the old rhyming slang...bubble and squeak etc...didn't connect it to the Hammers at all


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485651  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2088
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

You're right chaps I am not a Hammers fan. I did go to West Ham once. Vieira was sent off for spitting i think. He was getting the shite kicked out of him and reacted. Swore I'd never go again it took ages to drive away from the ground.

What's daft about realising before everybody else that Sanchez was not good for the team and for calling Ox a loss before others started? Was it saying that a goal shy Welbeck was no use to us or that I thought Zaha Walcott were as bad as each other?

Can't think of anything else you might consider daft and wonder if it's not me that's the daft one.

TG has just proved what a child he is by making such a pathetic assumption or was it just to get back at me for saying he wasn't a gooner some time back?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485652  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

Andy Green wrote:
Not being racist but I assumed bubblechris was of Greek descent....the old rhyming slang...bubble and squeak etc...didn't connect it to the Hammers at all

As explained earlier, exactly my thoughts too.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485653  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 8667

Bernard wrote:
Andy Green wrote:
Not being racist but I assumed bubblechris was of Greek descent....the old rhyming slang...bubble and squeak etc...didn't connect it to the Hammers at all

As explained earlier, exactly my thoughts too.


Would a Greek call themselves that? I'm not so sure.

Fan of other club trolling, sort yourselves out lads. Bromleys right, comes on here trolling which is more of a giveaway than the name if that's not enough alone


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485654  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

bubblechris wrote:
What's daft about realising before everybody else that Sanchez was not good for the team and for calling Ox a loss before others started? Was it saying that a goal shy Welbeck was no use to us or that I thought Zaha Walcott were as bad as each other?

Do you seriously not think we look a better team when Welbeck is in the lineup?

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485655  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

TOP GUN wrote:
Would a Greek call themselves that? I'm not so sure.

I think there are plenty that would. Heavy dose of irony, I accept. But I reckon so.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485656  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 3461
Location: SE9

I'd take Zaha and so would Rich. Our West Ham supporting Greek colleague would take Theo. What does the rest of the forum think?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485657  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2088
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
What's daft about realising before everybody else that Sanchez was not good for the team and for calling Ox a loss before others started? Was it saying that a goal shy Welbeck was no use to us or that I thought Zaha Walcott were as bad as each other?

Do you seriously not think we look a better team when Welbeck is in the lineup?


Yes I think he's a great player but not what we need in a front 2. He plays as a winger and that's not what we need, imo we need Welbeck to be a goalscorer.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485658  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2088
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

bromley gooner wrote:
I'd take Zaha and so would Rich. Our West Ham supporting Greek colleague would take Theo. What does the rest of the forum think?


I don't think I said I would keep Walcott I believe I said they were too similar but one had a better end product the the other.

When Sanchez goes we have only one out and out goalscorer. I believe we've all been saying for a long time that that was what we needed.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485659  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

bubblechris wrote:
When Sanchez goes we have no out and out goalscorer. I believe we've all been saying that for years.

Isn't that what Lacazette is supposed to be?

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485660  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Posts: 8667

bromley gooner wrote:
I'd take Zaha and so would Rich. Our West Ham supporting Greek colleague would take Theo. What does the rest of the forum think?


If ever you needed to demonstrate somebody was on a wind up :laughing7:

Stevie Wonder just called by the way and he takes Zaha as well


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485661  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2088
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
When Sanchez goes we have no out and out goalscorer. I believe we've all been saying that for years.

Isn't that what Lacazette is supposed to be?


I rephrased that quote but are you happy having just Laca, and or Giroud as our only back up?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485662  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

bubblechris wrote:
Bernard wrote:
I rephrased that quote but are you happy having just Laca, and or Giroud as our only back up?

If you don't consider him worthy of a mention, I think you seriously underestimate Welbeck.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485663  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2088
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

If you don't consider him worthy of a mention, I think you seriously underestimate Welbeck.


Well Iwobi just scored 2 goals to give Nigeria a win. Giroud scored for France, Eddie for the U19s. I can't recall Welbeck's last goal or when he last had a good run. Of course I hope he makes it but can the Arsenal wait for him to come good?

We need another goalscorer when Sanchez goes, maybe sooner as he's not exactly banging them in. Can we afford to wait?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485664  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 10772
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

.

The irony ..... most find international week a pain in the arse not having club football yet when that same club football is played...for us it's usually cue for gnashing of teeth and hair being torn out in clumps .

I think the FA should get some balls and play matches at this time it benefits the minnows ; who are at a disadvantage for the rest of the season against mega $$$$$$$$$$

On the Bubblechris affair .....[ of which I have little interest ] though it does spice things up

An argument between Bubblechris and Top Gun who obviously dont like each other ; with the latter busily trying to organise a tag team to gain the upperhand .

Greeks and West Ham are thrown in to adversely typecast the former .


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485665  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

bubblechris, being a striker isn't only about how many goals they score. Welbeck has a very strong all round game outside of his goal scoring and that's why we look a better team when he's playing, which I thought you accept yourself. He gives us physical presence, pace and power in attack, as well as a terrific work rate. In my view, considering our squad as it stands, he gets in Arsenal's strongest side.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485666  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 12025

bubblechris wrote:
You're right chaps I am not a Hammers fan. I did go to West Ham once. Vieira was sent off for spitting i think. He was getting the shite kicked out of him and reacted. Swore I'd never go again it took ages to drive away from the ground.

What's daft about realising before everybody else that Sanchez was not good for the team and for calling Ox a loss before others started? Was it saying that a goal shy Welbeck was no use to us or that I thought Zaha Walcott were as bad as each other?

Can't think of anything else you might consider daft and wonder if it's not me that's the daft one.

TG has just proved what a child he is by making such a pathetic assumption or was it just to get back at me for saying he wasn't a gooner some time back?

Indeed. TG protesteth too much, you think? Top Gun is an anogram for got pun. I think that's may be significant although for the moment I can think of what it might imply ...

Nevertheless, we can't be too vigilant. The forum may be crawling with third columnists who make thousands of posts in order to get deep cover and so they can ... I'll get back to you on that one too.

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485667  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am
Posts: 12025

TOP GUN wrote:
bromley gooner wrote:
I'd take Zaha and so would Rich. Our West Ham supporting Greek colleague would take Theo. What does the rest of the forum think?


If ever you needed to demonstrate somebody was on a wind up :laughing7:

Stevie Wonder just called by the way and he takes Zaha as well

Perhaps you missheard and he said "I just called ... to say .. I love you"?

_________________
Hamba kakuhle, Madiba


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485668  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Posts: 11985

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
When Sanchez goes we have no out and out goalscorer. I believe we've all been saying that for years.

Isn't that what Lacazette is supposed to be?

He scored twice tonight against the Germans....


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485669  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4407
Location: Townsville Australia

Rich wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Isn't that what Lacazette is supposed to be?

He scored twice tonight against the Germans....

Well he should be our goalscorer but Wenger has decided he is not good enough to have a starting place in big games. So we should be asking Wenger this question.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485670  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8316

Rich wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Isn't that what Lacazette is supposed to be?

He scored twice tonight against the Germans....


Iwobi scored two as well. Wonder if he can add scoring consistently to his game. We need our front four to be able to give us 50 league goals a season.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485671  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 6897

bromley gooner wrote:
I'd take Zaha and so would Rich. Our West Ham supporting Greek colleague would take Theo. What does the rest of the forum think?


Zaha over Theo


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485672  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 6897

Goonie wrote:
Rich wrote:
He scored twice tonight against the Germans....


Iwobi scored two as well. Wonder if he can add scoring consistently to his game. We need our front four to be able to give us 50 league goals a season.


I think Iwobi will eventually come good. Perhaps in the latter half of this season. He needs more exposure to success and failure. The experience will build him.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485673  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:42 am
Posts: 10772
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

Gaz from Oz wrote:
Rich wrote:
He scored twice tonight against the Germans....

Well he should be our goalscorer but Wenger has decided he is not good enough to have a starting place in big games. So we should be asking Wenger this question.


I think in Arsene's arse backwards way of thinking he likes to keep a bit in reserve , hope to keep the scoreline blank and bring on his aces when the opposition are tiring .

If I was Lacazette I'd be saying to Wenger ....." I had better start v Spurs , Man U and Chelsea otherwise I'm heading back to Francais Land"


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485674  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4407
Location: Townsville Australia

kiwipete wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
Well he should be our goalscorer but Wenger has decided he is not good enough to have a starting place in big games. So we should be asking Wenger this question.


I think in Arsene's arse backwards way of thinking he likes to keep a bit in reserve , hope to keep the scoreline blank and bring on his aces when the opposition are tiring .

If I was Lacazette I'd be saying to Wenger ....." I had better start v Spurs , Man U and Chelsea otherwise I'm heading back to Francais Land"

WC year so Lacazette needs to play.

On the WC - Aust game about 20 minutes away and your lot play in Peru tomorrow morning. Lets hope both of us are there.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485675  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4407
Location: Townsville Australia

Bergkamp would never have played for us if he was an Aussie. The last mach about to start. If you looked at Sydney as our home then the team has travelled 212,000klms to get to this point.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485676  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 26324

Andy Green wrote:
Not being racist but I assumed bubblechris was of Greek descent....the old rhyming slang...bubble and squeak etc...didn't connect it to the Hammers at all


How is Philly these days? I will be visiting family in Willow Grove (Montgomery county) some point in 2018. Also have some business interests I am looking into.

I was shocked to hear the Brewertown/Fishtown area is like South Street these days. That area was a dump years ago.

PS: Thinking someone is Greek isn't racist.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485677  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2088
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Bernard wrote:
bubblechris, being a striker isn't only about how many goals they score. Welbeck has a very strong all round game outside of his goal scoring and that's why we look a better team when he's playing, which I thought you accept yourself. He gives us physical presence, pace and power in attack, as well as a terrific work rate. In my view, considering our squad as it stands, he gets in Arsenal's strongest side.


I hope I can have the last say and sincerely hope Welbz proves me wrong.

Last 10 games - 4 goals and 1 assist

I rest my case and hope he comes good........


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485678  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

bubblechris wrote:
Bernard wrote:
bubblechris, being a striker isn't only about how many goals they score. Welbeck has a very strong all round game outside of his goal scoring and that's why we look a better team when he's playing, which I thought you accept yourself. He gives us physical presence, pace and power in attack, as well as a terrific work rate. In my view, considering our squad as it stands, he gets in Arsenal's strongest side.

I hope I can have the last say and sincerely hope Welbz proves me wrong.

Last 10 games - 4 goals and 1 assist

I rest my case and hope he comes good........

Not sure what you mean by resting your case. What's so wrong with 4 goals and 1 assist in the last 10 games? Sounds pretty good to me.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485679  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 5798

I just had a look at Arsenal.com at 22.15 (or 10.15 pm). The home game against Tottenham, less than three days away, is still on sale. Am I the only one who finds that frightening? It's the North London derby, one of England's biggest local derbies (along with the Manchester and Merseyside ones) and the club are clearly struggling to sell it out (I suggest it still being on sale within three days of the game shows that). I disagree with Top Gun about bubblechris being a West Ham fan. But I do think he could easily be right about Arsenal being in a weaker position on Wenger's departure (if it is 2019) than it was when he took over in 1996, so 23 years earlier.

Wenger's time at Arsenal has to be seen in two phases, if not more. The Highbury years were sensational, the Emirates years in my view anything but. Clough's time at Nottingham Forest surely has to be seen in the same way. European Cups followed eventually by relegation. The poles may not be as extremely apart for Arsenal under Wenger (I can't see us winning the Champions League or dropping into the Championship before he leaves). But the principle looks exactly the same to me. Like Clough, Wenger is a past it has-been who thinks staying in his job is more important than the future of the club he's previously claimed to love.

EDIT: It's still on sale at 11.38 pm, or 23.08 Wednesday evening, 15 November. Less than two and a half days before the game.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #485680  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:55 pm
Posts: 6897

Bernard wrote:
I just had a look at Arsenal.com at 22.15 (or 10.15 pm). The home game against Tottenham, less than three days away, is still on sale. Am I the only one who finds that frightening? It's the North London derby, one of England's biggest local derbies (along with the Manchester and Merseyside ones) and the club are clearly struggling to sell it out (I suggest it still being on sale within three days of the game shows that). I disagree with Top Gun about bubblechris being a West Ham fan. But I do think he could easily be right about Arsenal being in a weaker position on Wenger's departure (if it is 2019) than it was when he took over in 1996, so 23 years earlier.

Wenger's time at Arsenal has to be seen in two phases, if not more. The Highbury years were sensational, the Emirates years in my view anything but. Clough's time at Nottingham Forest surely has to be seen in the same way. European Cups followed eventually by relegation. The poles may not be as extremely apart for Arsenal under Wenger (I can't see us winning the Champions League or dropping into the Championship before he leaves). But the principle looks exactly the same to me. Like Clough, Wenger is a past it has-been who thinks staying in his job is more important than the future of the club he's previously claimed to love.

EDIT: It's still on sale at 11.38 pm, or 23.08 Wednesday evening, 15 November. Less than two and a half days before the game.


Wenger ( :26encouragement: :53big-emoticons: ) first phase= revelation, admired, seeked out, masterclass
Wenger (:20hospitals: ) today = stale, predictable, boring, past-it, clueless


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 485879 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12139, 12140, 12141, 12142, 12143, 12144, 12145 ... 12147  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Googlebot, warrior and 3 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2016