Fixtures Saturday July 14th - Boreham Wood FC- Meadow Park - Friendly - 3:00 Pm

Kick-Off

        Injuries            Steve Gleiber



Get the Latest Post Go to the Bottom of Page It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC


  


Reply to topic

Users browsing this forum: Googlebot, warrior and 7 guests

 
Post #484641  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 6277

john1 wrote:
Bernard wrote:
The thing is, if Wilts is right that Arsenal under Kroenke simply becomes a replica of all the other KSE owned US sports teams, mediocre on the pitch (and I suspect he is), it's a bit of an own goal for Stan letting Arsenal get like that if you're right about the clubs negotiating individual TV deals. Because the best TV deals will go to the clubs with the biggest fan bases, who long-term will also be the consistent trophy winners.

Historically, it is success on the pitch that routinely goes hand in hand with the clubs that have the most supporters (I accept things like plane crashes and glamorous players like Best or Beckham can also have an effect). I once read 75% of Scottish football fans support either Rangers or Celtic. They're also Scotland's biggest trophy winners by a million miles, despite Rangers' difficult recent few years. Real Madrid and Barcelona are easily the best supported teams in Spain, and are also the biggest trophy winners. The same thing goes for Juventus, Milan and Inter in Italy. Apparently 25% of all German football fans support Bayern Munich. Look at their honours list compared to the likes of Dortmund, Hamburg and others and you'll see why.

Before Abramovich took over, the three best supported English clubs were Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. No coincidence they had also won the most trophies. But since Abramovich's arrival, according to the evidence Chelsea have now overtaken Arsenal's support because their success has been far greater than Arsenal's over the last fourteen years. Recent success is more important than past success in terms of capturing fans.

If Kroenke wants to maximise Arsenal's profits, he should do everything he can - meaning financially - to bring trophies. The problem is, I think he's more satisfied with good profits rather than maximising them, so Arsenal winning trophies isn't a big priority for him. If clubs do end up being able to negotiate their own TV deals, that will backfire on him because other more successful (on the pitch) clubs will be able to negotiate better TV deals (by 'better' I mean more financially lucrative) than Kroenke's Arsenal. That will make it even harder for Arsenal to win things, so the downward spiral for the club under KSE will continue on its current trajectory.

Let's hope you're right Bernard. But the evidence from the States relating to his franchise teams which aren't the trophy winners suggests he isn't considering trophies as the most important factor in his thinking.

Sorry john1, I wasn't meaning to sound positive about the future. I think the outlook for the club is very bleak under Kroenke's ownership. If Darren is right and clubs are eventually able to negotiate their own TV deals, with more money thus going to the most successful clubs with the biggest fan bases, I doubt it will make Kroenke change his ownership style towards wanting to win things in order to grow the fan base. As I said, I suspect he isn't too bothered about maximising profits, and instead is more concerned about making healthy profits as that still makes his investment in Arsenal financially sound in the longer-term. If so, that means he won't be demanding on-pitch success as far as winning things goes, so not necessitating his funding of that. Staying in the Premier League and being able to negotiates okay TV deals will, I suspect, be good enough for him.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484642  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 1982

Bernard wrote:
Darren wrote:
Tickets will soon mean very little once the next generation of TV deals kick in. Each club will eventually be able to negotiate their own TV deals. I think this is what he's waiting for.

The thing is, if Wilts is right that Arsenal under Kroenke simply becomes a replica of all the other KSE owned US sports teams, mediocre on the pitch (and I suspect he is), it's a bit of an own goal for Stan letting Arsenal get like that if you're right about the clubs negotiating individual TV deals. Because the best TV deals will go to the clubs with the biggest fan bases, who long-term will also be the consistent trophy winners.

Historically, it is success on the pitch that routinely goes hand in hand with the clubs that have the most supporters (I accept things like plane crashes and glamorous players like Best or Beckham can also have an effect). I once read 75% of Scottish football fans support either Rangers or Celtic. They're also Scotland's biggest trophy winners by a million miles, despite Rangers' difficult recent few years. Real Madrid and Barcelona are easily the best supported teams in Spain, and are also the biggest trophy winners. The same thing goes for Juventus, Milan and Inter in Italy. Apparently 25% of all German football fans support Bayern Munich. Look at their honours list compared to the likes of Dortmund, Hamburg and others and you'll see why.

Before Abramovich took over, the three best supported English clubs were Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. No coincidence they had also won the most trophies. But since Abramovich's arrival, according to the evidence Chelsea have now overtaken Arsenal's support because their success has been far greater than Arsenal's over the last fourteen years. Recent success is more important than past success in terms of capturing fans.

If Kroenke wants to maximise Arsenal's profits, he should do everything he can - meaning financially - to bring trophies. The problem is, I think he's more satisfied with good profits rather than maximising them, so Arsenal winning trophies isn't a big priority for him. If clubs do end up being able to negotiate their own TV deals, that will backfire on him because other more successful (on the pitch) clubs will be able to negotiate better TV deals (by 'better' I mean more financially lucrative) than Kroenke's Arsenal. That will make it even harder for Arsenal to win things, so the downward spiral for the club under KSE will continue on its current trajectory.

Indeed Bernard. Think Stan's counting (relying) on mega TV deals. Especially from overseas to fill the gap or lack of trophies, title wins, CL footy.

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484643  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 1982

bubblechris wrote:
Zed wrote:
Er, Sanchez may be stroppy, sulky,
petulant, yet look at the build up as to why he's that way. He wants to leave. He knows why he wants to leave, so do thousands of others. Club messed up big time over the summer not letting him leave for £60m. Or more if that were possible. Club trying to save face backfired. Chile out of WC. It keeps piling on till he's allowed to leave, depending on what fantastic offer, if any, club will get now. We could lose money on any deal now.


Shame really that Man City have got more money than sense because nobody else has appeared to come in for him. Same applies to Özil who is looking extremely weak in his bargaining as nobody not even Mourinho it appears is willing to pay him £330K per week. Ref: the Sun.


PSG would do, but then, Sanchez seems more adamant about City. They can pay his required wages. Time will tell if Özil winds up at MU.

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484644  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 26843

Hello Zed,
Will China want those players (Latin, American) from the MLS? The American players will want to stay in America. Unless they are very good and feel underpaid. Clint Dempsey could have been such a player but by and large American players feel they must make the sport popular in America and feel an obligation to stay in the states. The latin players not so much but again, will a Chinese side want them? One or two maybe but not in great numbers. The only thing America has over China is a better place to live in (Trump aside :icon_mrgreen: )

As for tAmeriacn being ouit of the world cup it was primarily Klinesmann's fault. I thought he was tailor made for the U.S. side when he was being considered. He put the American side in the hole losing matches he shouldn't have in qualifying and it was one of a long list of issues. He had very public war with Landon Donovan, who is very popular. Other issues as well. America was one late goal in another match away from being in WC. I'm not upset as its our own fault. I'm more a fan of the women's side anyway. The impact will be in tv viewing. Murdoch paid over 200 million dollars to outbid ESPN and now that may be a hit in viewing without America in it. It remains to be seen. Anytime Rupert Murdoch loses money, its never a bad thing.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484645  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 26843

It will be interesting (perhaps to some) to see how well the Los Angeles Rams does with Kroenke trying to build a winning side. Part of the reason he was given the permission to move the team was because the NFL not only wanted a side in the 2nd biggest media market in America and the entertainment capital of the world, they wanted a winning side.

A Super Bowl with Los Angeles in it would (in theory) bring in a very large tv viewing audience. Just like how the Lakers did for basketball. How much he spends and who he brings in will be telling. Not sure if he knows how to build a winning side. No joking.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484646  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 26843

...and Sanchez will not be in a good mood when he returns. If its true about a mid-season move, it may be best to make the best of it and take the money. It will depend on where we are in the table. If we are in with a shouit of top 4, do we sell? Or force him to wait for summer with a pre-contract? If we seem we are out of the top 4, we may as well get rid.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484647  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Posts: 816
Location: Salisbury

Zed wrote:
Bernard wrote:
The thing is, if Wilts is right that Arsenal under Kroenke simply becomes a replica of all the other KSE owned US sports teams, mediocre on the pitch (and I suspect he is), it's a bit of an own goal for Stan letting Arsenal get like that if you're right about the clubs negotiating individual TV deals. Because the best TV deals will go to the clubs with the biggest fan bases, who long-term will also be the consistent trophy winners.

Historically, it is success on the pitch that routinely goes hand in hand with the clubs that have the most supporters (I accept things like plane crashes and glamorous players like Best or Beckham can also have an effect). I once read 75% of Scottish football fans support either Rangers or Celtic. They're also Scotland's biggest trophy winners by a million miles, despite Rangers' difficult recent few years. Real Madrid and Barcelona are easily the best supported teams in Spain, and are also the biggest trophy winners. The same thing goes for Juventus, Milan and Inter in Italy. Apparently 25% of all German football fans support Bayern Munich. Look at their honours list compared to the likes of Dortmund, Hamburg and others and you'll see why.

Before Abramovich took over, the three best supported English clubs were Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. No coincidence they had also won the most trophies. But since Abramovich's arrival, according to the evidence Chelsea have now overtaken Arsenal's support because their success has been far greater than Arsenal's over the last fourteen years. Recent success is more important than past success in terms of capturing fans.

If Kroenke wants to maximise Arsenal's profits, he should do everything he can - meaning financially - to bring trophies. The problem is, I think he's more satisfied with good profits rather than maximising them, so Arsenal winning trophies isn't a big priority for him. If clubs do end up being able to negotiate their own TV deals, that will backfire on him because other more successful (on the pitch) clubs will be able to negotiate better TV deals (by 'better' I mean more financially lucrative) than Kroenke's Arsenal. That will make it even harder for Arsenal to win things, so the downward spiral for the club under KSE will continue on its current trajectory.

Indeed Bernard. Think Stan's counting (relying) on mega TV deals. Especially from overseas to fill the gap or lack of trophies, title wins, CL footy.


Indeed, a leopard doesn't change it's spots, he doesn't go out of his way to bring success to any of his sports 'investments' in the US, why would he suddenly change his MO for Arsenal?.

That's why I see little point continuing to get caught up in the emotional or financial burden of supporting Arsenal much longer, as with the other teams above us pulling further away then you have to ask yourself what is the point?, it's not like the old days where GG pulled Dixon, Bould, Winterburn etc. from the lower leagues, the billionaire/state financed clubs will just continue to dominate whilst we desperately try to cling on to 4th place.

Leicester's random title was a false dawn when in reality there is now clearly a big 3 in the PL (City,United and Chavs) while Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal scrap over the 4th CL spot, Spurs are clearly punching above their weight for now but they could lose a lot of key players when their contracts come up, unless Joe Lewis starts pumping money into them, how did they stay solvent during the last 20 years or new managers spending money?! hmmm..

The other worry has to be if the likes of Usmanov gets bored of being given the cold shoulder, and/or more middle eastern money pours in we then almost certainly drop back even further as Stan will just hope he can find another Billy Bean (err AW) but it doesn't really matter either way, he still makes a fortune.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484648  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 1982

AmericanGooner wrote:
It will be interesting (perhaps to some) to see how well the Los Angeles Rams does with Kroenke trying to build a winning side. Part of the reason he was given the permission to move the team was because the NFL not only wanted a side in the 2nd biggest media market in America and the entertainment capital of the world, they wanted a winning side.

A Super Bowl with Los Angeles in it would (in theory) bring in a very large tv viewing audience. Just like how the Lakers did for basketball. How much he spends and who he brings in will be telling. Not sure if he knows how to build a winning side. No joking.

AG you are aware that there is a delay for Rams hosting Super Bowl by 1 yr? Kroenke's losing money on that delay. Millions from what I've read. And then there's still the St. Louis lawsuit pending, which he and Rams hope to settle out of court.

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484649  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4905
Location: Townsville Australia

Haven't seen much of Kiwi lately. Hope all is okay over the ditch.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484650  Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 1982

Wilts-Gooner wrote:
Zed wrote:
Indeed Bernard. Think Stan's counting (relying) on mega TV deals. Especially from overseas to fill the gap or lack of trophies, title wins, CL footy.


Indeed, a leopard doesn't change it's spots, he doesn't go out of his way to bring success to any of his sports 'investments' in the US, why would he suddenly change his MO for Arsenal?.

That's why I see little point continuing to get caught up in the emotional or financial burden of supporting Arsenal much longer, as with the other teams above us pulling further away then you have to ask yourself what is the point?, it's not like the old days where GG pulled Dixon, Bould, Winterburn etc. from the lower leagues, the billionaire/state financed clubs will just continue to dominate whilst we desperately try to cling on to 4th place.

Leicester's random title was a false dawn when in reality there is now clearly a big 3 in the PL (City,United and Chavs) while Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal scrap over the 4th CL spot, Spurs are clearly punching above their weight for now but they could lose a lot of key players when their contracts come up, unless Joe Lewis starts pumping money into them, how did they stay solvent during the last 20 years or new managers spending money?! hmmm..

The other worry has to be if the likes of Usmanov gets bored of being given the cold shoulder, and/or more middle eastern money pours in we then almost certainly drop back even further as Stan will just hope he can find another Billy Bean (err AW) but it doesn't really matter either way, he still makes a fortune.

As long as the 2 Kroenkes are in charge, we may continue to scrap for 4tb place for a long time. The icing on the cake will be the day Spurs win the title way before Arsenal does. I'm not going to say playing at Wembley till their new stadium opens will deter them from winning it though. The potential to win a title is valid. Whether or not Poch stays on is another thing entirely. Let alone risk of losing star players, which could happen as it does elsewhere. Shame we're going down the road of mediocrity.

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484651  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:58 am
Posts: 26843

Zed wrote:
AmericanGooner wrote:
It will be interesting (perhaps to some) to see how well the Los Angeles Rams does with Kroenke trying to build a winning side. Part of the reason he was given the permission to move the team was because the NFL not only wanted a side in the 2nd biggest media market in America and the entertainment capital of the world, they wanted a winning side.

A Super Bowl with Los Angeles in it would (in theory) bring in a very large tv viewing audience. Just like how the Lakers did for basketball. How much he spends and who he brings in will be telling. Not sure if he knows how to build a winning side. No joking.

AG you are aware that there is a delay for Rams hosting Super Bowl by 1 yr? Kroenke's losing money on that delay. Millions from what I've read. And then there's still the St. Louis lawsuit pending, which he and Rams hope to settle out of court.


Thanks Zed, I was referring to the Rams being in the Super Bowl. Not hosting it. LA has hosted the Super Bowl without a side in order to whet local appetites for a team and because being in 'Hollywood' its more of a spectacle.

He got the move in part because he said he would also make them a winning side...or more accurately try very hard. So, I want to see what a Kroenke side that is really trying hard to win things, looks like in a few years.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484652  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 4428
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

Hi all

I've been a bit quiet the past little while as we've been having a lot of family issues at the moment.

After my missus dad passed away 3 months ago we had the funeral to arrange and right now she and her sister are here going thru their parents things.
Last Sunday was the anniversary of their mums death and today is their late fathers birthday.

My mum has been in and out of hospital lately. They have diagnosed her with MDS - a form of leukemia with a life expectancy of only 6 - 9 months.

She has just gotten over pneumonia and was just out of hospital but then last Wednesday my brother contacted me and said she had a heart attack and had passed away at 88.

As for my 93 year old father, he hasn't eaten or drank anything for 14 days now and is in a hospice. He has dementia and alzheimers, etc.
They have been at his bedside for the most part.

Today my brother was viewing our mums body with his kids when he was contacted and told our dad had died this morning.

So, both gone in a week.

Not having a very good 2017 ;-(


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484653  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 3681

warrior wrote:
Hi all

I've been a bit quiet the past little while as we've been having a lot of family issues at the moment.

After my missus dad passed away 3 months ago we had the funeral to arrange and right now she and her sister are here going thru their parents things.
Last Sunday was the anniversary of their mums death and today is their late fathers birthday.

My mum has been in and out of hospital lately. They have diagnosed her with MDS - a form of leukemia with a life expectancy of only 6 - 9 months.

She has just gotten over pneumonia and was just out of hospital but then last Wednesday my brother contacted me and said she had a heart attack and had passed away at 88.

As for my 93 year old father, he hasn't eaten or drank anything for 14 days now and is in a hospice. He has dementia and alzheimers, etc.
They have been at his bedside for the most part.

Today my brother was viewing our mums body with his kids when he was contacted and told our dad had died this morning.

So, both gone in a week.

Not having a very good 2017 ;-(

Sincere condolences Warrior.
tough times, but I'm sure you and your family will be there for each other.

_________________
Helping find future Arsenal legends


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484654  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 4428
Location: ɹǝpu∩uʍop

HoddGooner wrote:
Sincere condolences Warrior.
tough times, but I'm sure you and your family will be there for each other.

Also, I fill in playing bass for a guy in a band and his father died early last week on the Monday so I went to his dads funeral last Friday and then filled in last Saturday night.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484655  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1134

warrior wrote:
Hi all

I've been a bit quiet the past little while as we've been having a lot of family issues at the moment.

After my missus dad passed away 3 months ago we had the funeral to arrange and right now she and her sister are here going thru their parents things.
Last Sunday was the anniversary of their mums death and today is their late fathers birthday.

My mum has been in and out of hospital lately. They have diagnosed her with MDS - a form of leukemia with a life expectancy of only 6 - 9 months.

She has just gotten over pneumonia and was just out of hospital but then last Wednesday my brother contacted me and said she had a heart attack and had passed away at 88.

As for my 93 year old father, he hasn't eaten or drank anything for 14 days now and is in a hospice. He has dementia and alzheimers, etc.
They have been at his bedside for the most part.

Today my brother was viewing our mums body with his kids when he was contacted and told our dad had died this morning.

So, both gone in a week.

Not having a very good 2017 ;-(

Mate, my thoughts are with you. Horrible having to watch your parents, who you look at as indestructible when you are growing up, having to go through that. I was lucky that both my folks lived to their 80's and when the end came it was swift and relatively pain free (for them).

Hold on to the countless happy memories you have of them and toast lives well lived.

All the best.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484656  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2489
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Feel for you Warrior. As others say remember the good times I'm sure you have hundreds of happy memories.

To date you have been very lucky and I wish you a long and healthy life. I lost my mother before she hit 65 and my father at 84 and really miss them both.

Good luck for the future.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484657  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 8470

Condolences, Warrior.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484658  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 am
Posts: 2216

Terrible news, Rog. Condolences.

_________________
There's nothing special about it, it's just my hair. It doesn't move much and I am lucky.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484659  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4905
Location: Townsville Australia

warrior wrote:
Hi all

I've been a bit quiet the past little while as we've been having a lot of family issues at the moment.

After my missus dad passed away 3 months ago we had the funeral to arrange and right now she and her sister are here going thru their parents things.
Last Sunday was the anniversary of their mums death and today is their late fathers birthday.

My mum has been in and out of hospital lately. They have diagnosed her with MDS - a form of leukemia with a life expectancy of only 6 - 9 months.

She has just gotten over pneumonia and was just out of hospital but then last Wednesday my brother contacted me and said she had a heart attack and had passed away at 88.

As for my 93 year old father, he hasn't eaten or drank anything for 14 days now and is in a hospice. He has dementia and alzheimers, etc.
They have been at his bedside for the most part.

Today my brother was viewing our mums body with his kids when he was contacted and told our dad had died this morning.

So, both gone in a week.

Not having a very good 2017 ;-(

Condolences mate. My thoughts are with you and your family.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484660  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:02 am
Posts: 1291
Location: Liverpool/Caernarfon

warrior wrote:
Hi all

I've been a bit quiet the past little while as we've been having a lot of family issues at the moment.

After my missus dad passed away 3 months ago we had the funeral to arrange and right now she and her sister are here going thru their parents things.
Last Sunday was the anniversary of their mums death and today is their late fathers birthday.

My mum has been in and out of hospital lately. They have diagnosed her with MDS - a form of leukemia with a life expectancy of only 6 - 9 months.

She has just gotten over pneumonia and was just out of hospital but then last Wednesday my brother contacted me and said she had a heart attack and had passed away at 88.

As for my 93 year old father, he hasn't eaten or drank anything for 14 days now and is in a hospice. He has dementia and alzheimers, etc.
They have been at his bedside for the most part.

Today my brother was viewing our mums body with his kids when he was contacted and told our dad had died this morning.

So, both gone in a week.

Not having a very good 2017 ;-(


So sorry to hear Rog. My condolences to you and your family.

_________________
Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484661  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm
Posts: 6325

All sounds a bit *%^@, Rog. Same sort of thing happened to me a few years ago - my mother died at my father’s funeral. You have my deepest sympathy.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484662  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm
Posts: 6789

My sincerest sympathies, Rog. You've really been through the mill. Make sure you take care of yourself.

_________________
"I just kept going pretty lively. Them killers wasn't too healthy company."


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484663  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 3799
Location: SE9

Warrior very sorry to hear your news. So difficult for those left behind when loved ones pass away. All the best.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484664  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 6277

Sincere condolences to you and the rest of your family, Rog. It's a tough time, but hopefully you will be comforted by the thought that your mum had a long and presumably very happy life.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484665  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 pm
Posts: 2397

I'm really sorry Warrior. You have my condolences.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484666  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17767

Niall wrote:
Exiled wrote:
Could you spend a second of your time and consider signing this petition please. UK residents only.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/201785

Done!

On the boys in Green :26encouragement: :26encouragement: :26encouragement: :26encouragement:

But it was UK residents only.... oh wait.... sorry, carry on.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484667  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17767

bubblechris wrote:
Bernard wrote:
Interesting if true. Report that Overmars has been appointed as Arsenal's Director of Football for next season.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ene-Wenger


The question should be is 'will he be a yes man or will he stand up to AW and tell him that for the sake of the team he must either change or go'.

I don't think there's has ever been a Dutchman who was / is a yes man.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484668  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 am
Posts: 17767

That's awful Rob, my condolences to you and yours.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484669  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 6277

John wrote:
Niall wrote:
Done!

On the boys in Green :26encouragement: :26encouragement: :26encouragement: :26encouragement:

But it was UK residents only.... oh wait.... sorry, carry on.

:14laughter:
Post of the month ... apart from all of mine.

_________________
Kroenke out!


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484670  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 20798

Sad news Rog. Not good at all. Must be tough right now. Stay strong.

_________________
I believe in our team, I believe in our quality and I am convinced that I am right. (Arsene Wenger Dec 08)


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484671  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4905
Location: Townsville Australia

I see reports that we have extended Chambers contract to 2021. Bit difficult to comprehend the idea of a 4 year extension for a player who has regressed and really must improve.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/10/arsen ... an-future/

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484672  Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm
Posts: 4243

Rog
My sincere condolences to you and your family.
What a horrible time you are going through.
Stay strong and stay blessed.
So sorry.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484673  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 pm
Posts: 437

John wrote:
I don't think there's has ever been a Dutchman who was / is a yes man.


Wait till you meet my wife

_________________
niets is sterker dan dat ene woord


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484674  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 2489
Location: Waltham Abbey, Essex

Gaz from Oz wrote:
I see reports that we have extended Chambers contract to 2021. Bit difficult to comprehend the idea of a 4 year extension for a player who has regressed and really must improve.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/10/arsen ... an-future/


On the radio yesterday they said he'd extended it by 2 years. He has also been in very good form when he was out on loan. There is still hope for him but like others he desperately needs game time.


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484675  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 3799
Location: SE9

rotterdamnation wrote:
John wrote:
I don't think there's has ever been a Dutchman who was / is a yes man.


Wait till you meet my wife

Your wife's a Dutchman?


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484676  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 am
Posts: 4905
Location: Townsville Australia

bubblechris wrote:
Gaz from Oz wrote:
I see reports that we have extended Chambers contract to 2021. Bit difficult to comprehend the idea of a 4 year extension for a player who has regressed and really must improve.

http://the4thofficial.net/2017/10/arsen ... an-future/


On the radio yesterday they said he'd extended it by 2 years. He has also been in very good form when he was out on loan. There is still hope for him but like others he desperately needs game time.

Just not sure whether 2 years extension means he sill has to 2021 as not sure when his current contract expired. I really think he needs to put some really good performances together or we need to start looking for new players. The defence area is heading for critical need to rebuild. Chambers could well be essential as a CB in the near future. If he performs like he previously did and say has to pair with Holding this could destroy both careers as they both seem edgy and struggle.

_________________
If this policy does not deliver then I would say we have to change it.
AW 150810


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484677  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 1982

AmericanGooner wrote:
Zed wrote:
AG you are aware that there is a delay for Rams hosting Super Bowl by 1 yr? Kroenke's losing money on that delay. Millions from what I've read. And then there's still the St. Louis lawsuit pending, which he and Rams hope to settle out of court.


Thanks Zed, I was referring to the Rams being in the Super Bowl. Not hosting it. LA has hosted the Super Bowl without a side in order to whet local appetites for a team and because being in 'Hollywood' its more of a spectacle.

He got the move in part because he said he would also make them a winning side...or more accurately try very hard. So, I want to see what a Kroenke side that is really trying hard to win things, looks like in a few years.

AG I read that the NFL even allowed the initial move of Rams from St Louis was contingent on them winning a Super Bowl to begin with. Whether or not that still holds as part of the deal is still left to be seen.

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484678  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 pm
Posts: 437

bromley gooner wrote:
rotterdamnation wrote:

Wait till you meet my wife

Your wife's a Dutchman?


She used to be but she had the op in Thailand

_________________
niets is sterker dan dat ene woord


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484679  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 1982

AmericanGooner wrote:
Hello Zed,
Will China want those players (Latin, American) from the MLS? The American players will want to stay in America. Unless they are very good and feel underpaid. Clint Dempsey could have been such a player but by and large American players feel they must make the sport popular in America and feel an obligation to stay in the states. The latin players not so much but again, will a Chinese side want them? One or two maybe but not in great numbers. The only thing America has over China is a better place to live in (Trump aside :icon_mrgreen: )

As for tAmeriacn being ouit of the world cup it was primarily Klinesmann's fault. I thought he was tailor made for the U.S. side when he was being considered. He put the American side in the hole losing matches he shouldn't have in qualifying and it was one of a long list of issues. He had very public war with Landon Donovan, who is very popular. Other issues as well. America was one late goal in another match away from being in WC. I'm not upset as its our own fault. I'm more a fan of the women's side anyway. The impact will be in tv viewing. Murdoch paid over 200 million dollars to outbid ESPN and now that may be a hit in viewing without America in it. It remains to be seen. Anytime Rupert Murdoch loses money, its never a bad thing.

As to any Latin American or US player goung to China, it would mainly be a monetary choice, if only a short time. But, yes, a lifestyle choice would play a part in that choice as well. Can't say whether or not the Chinese League would pick any worthy Latin American players. But then they're content playing in the US, UK or Europe so to speak. Javier Hernandez is an example. Played in Europe and UK. Doubt he'd go to China.

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
 
Post #484680  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 pm
Posts: 1982

All the best to you and yours Warrior at such a very difficult and trying time. Stay strong as the storm will pass. You'll many fond memories.

_________________
'So sweet, but oh so vicious' .... Mae West about Owney Madden


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     [ 496186 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12114, 12115, 12116, 12117, 12118, 12119, 12120 ... 12405  Next

All times are UTC

Gooners Online - Click to see what Everyones Doing

Colour Key:  Visited Profile    Members Profile      Admin

Get Latest Post

Users browsing this forum: Googlebot, warrior and 7 guests


Search for:

Go to Top

Powered by php BB © 1993 - 2016